+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange immigration lawyer behaviour

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Hi All,

Just having some concerns about the immigration lawyer I'm using and would like some advise on what to do.

I have lodged the Federal express entry through him and he informed me that my family got the ITA in the 1sr March round. Now we are preparing the supporting documentation, one of which is the police cert, one of the country requested a formal document to explain why police cert is needed and this would be a letter from CIC outlining document requirement. I have asked multiple times for the letter but he always don't respond directly and dodge the question, latest time I have asked him to forward me the CIC letter he just replied in one sentence "send me what you have got". What?? Surely there's no use to send it when I don't have all the supporting docs, surely it wouldn't be difficult to send me the CIC ITA letter if we got the invite.is he hiding something or this is a misunderstanding? I'm even beginning to think have we really got the ITA?

I did check his registration on the Canadian immigration agent website and he does seem to be an active and valid member.

What would you do in this case?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Also what country is it you need the PCC for?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Timeoutbleh said:
Score 469
PCC needed from Singapore
It's likely you did get an ITA.

This is how you get a PCC from Singapore http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
kryt0n said:
It's likely you did get an ITA.

This is how you get a PCC from Singapore
Thanks, I did check it but Singapore need formal supporting docs explaining why police cert is required. Besides, I would like to see something to confirm I got the ITA.

this is just getting better, below is the latest reply I got:

"I told you before. I don't have it. Now is only the computer that pick you. No real person to look at your files as yet. So who will generate the letter for you?"

Understand ??"

Is it true there's no formal notifications after you get an ITA?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Are you sure you have 469 points? Did you see it or calculate it yourself or did the lawyer tell you that score?

My friend is using the services of an agent. He got 7 in IELTS and his wife got 6 and he claims to have 472 but doesnt have an ITA since August last year cos CIC hasnt picked his NOC. I told him that his agent is cheating him but he chooses to believe his agent.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You receive a letter like this (this is mine, out can show him this and ask for yours)

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
You don't have to submit PCC for Singapore with your e-APR. Once your app is submitted and reviewed, you'll get a request letter from IRCC for this PCC.

"Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Ask your lawyer to upload a document that states: “You're applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate", instead of Singapore PCC.

IRCC will send the proper PCC request letter later for Singapore which you'll get in your MyCIC account. Use that to obtain PCC, then. What Kryt0n has shared is an ITA (Invitation to Apply), a request for PCC will be different.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
Que Em said:
Ask your lawyer to upload a document that states: “You're applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate", instead of Singapore PCC.

IRCC will send the proper PCC request letter later for Singapore which you'll get in your MyCIC account. Use that to obtain PCC, then. What Kryt0n has shared is an ITA (Invitation to Apply), a request for PCC will be different.
Cheers. I guess I would like to see the ITA to put my mind at peace given everything is through the lawyer, I haven't seen anything from the CIC or WES (credential evaluation).

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
xpressentry said:
Are you sure you have 469 points? Did you see it or calculate it yourself or did the lawyer tell you that score?

My friend is using the services of an agent. He got 7 in IELTS and his wife got 6 and he claims to have 472 but doesnt have an ITA since August last year cos CIC hasnt picked his NOC. I told him that his agent is cheating him but he chooses to believe his agent.
Didn't know NOC have to be picked, where do you check if your NOC is picked?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
Timeoutbleh said:
Cheers. I guess I would like to see the ITA to put my mind at peace given everything is through the lawyer, I haven't seen anything from the CIC or WES (credential evaluation).
Sure, for your peace of mind, you can definitely ask your lawyer to send you the ITA, and he shouldn't have any issues with this.
Just tell him you need this for your personal record/reference, not for the PCC. :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Timeoutbleh said:
Didn't know NOC have to be picked, where do you check if your NOC is picked?
NOCs aren't "picked," that's the point. If an agent is telling you that, they are lying.