+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strange immigration lawyer behaviour

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
xpressentry said:
The common reason cited is that there are some applicants who would mess up the application if they are given access to it and will then blame the lawyer if something went wrong.

If you have signed a contract where they have explicitly mentioned that you wont get access, there is nothing you can do. If nothing like this has been signed then you can argue that you were not informed about the company policy in advance and you want access.
Went back to review the contract and there were no such provision in the document

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Timeoutbleh said:
Went back to review the contract and there were no such provision in the document
Fight for your right. Tell them that they did not inform you about this policy in advance and they cant lock you out of your account.

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
xpressentry said:
Fight for your right. Tell them that they did not inform you about this policy in advance and they cant lock you out of your account.
Some more response from him, stating he need to talk to his employer, but also indicating he may cancel the agreement altogether because it is difficult to work with certain client or charge additional fees.

Clearly he's not willing and would rather resort to some drastic measures to tell me to back off.

Should I stop pushing or go all out?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go all out, he might do you a favour by cancelling the agreement.

I wouldn't sit around not knowing whether I have an ITA or not, it's your future so if he cannot or won't help then you might as well do it on your own.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

xpressentry said:
It's your profile and you should have every right to access it. It's like you have given him a key to your house and now he has made you homeless by not giving access to you.
1, He can;t as lawyers and consultant have a separate portal to file for Express Entry

Timeoutbleh

Jan 16, 2017
PMM said:
Hi

1, He can;t as lawyers and consultant have a separate portal to file for Express Entry
Sorry not sure what you mean by that. He created login with new email address and did not give me the password so I can't access my Express Entry profile, the same goes with WES assessment

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Timeoutbleh said:
Some more response from him, stating he need to talk to his employer, but also indicating he may cancel the agreement altogether because it is difficult to work with certain client or charge additional fees.

Clearly he's not willing and would rather resort to some drastic measures to tell me to back off.

Should I stop pushing or go all out?
Go all out and do it yourself. Once you have submitted your profile, you can track your own progress and respond to additional request from CIC if any. Imagine yourself calling this lawyer frequently asking for an update or if he didn't inform you about additional documents request correctly? It's your application and he has no magic wand to make your application better than you can do it yourself.

People on his forum are very helpful. Someone will be awake in all parts of the world all day and night and your queries will be answered soon.

awslek

Mar 13, 2013
I had a consultant who processed my application as well and the attitude from the lawyer definitely seems quite hostile. I also didn't have access to my profile since my application got transferred to his account but he would do a screen capture on my application whenever he gets a status update. You could ask him the same so that at least you can be sure of your ITA. I am not sure what your payment option was but please double check your agreement. I paid 1/4 up front but didn't have to pay the rest back if I decide to not use their service at any moment before AOR (or if it gets rejected for a reason)