+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still have not recieved Schedule A bakground check request.

AlyxanderLX

Feb 13, 2017
Texas, USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
1/31/17
AOR Received.
2/18/17
Med's Request
10/1/17
Med's Done....
10/9/17
Passport Req..
11/20/17
Hello all :D

So my partner and I applied for outland spousal sponsorship. I am American and he is Canadian, living in Canada. We sent in our application on Jan 31, got confirmation of receipt on Feb 18 telling me to link my account (Which i did) and then on Feb 28 he got an email letting him know he was approved for sponsorship(yay!) and they would need a Schedule A background check from me to move forward but I would receive either a message or email letting me know where to send this within 5 business days...it has been well over 5 business days. I have checked my online account, I have checked my email, junk email folder, deleted folder, everything. There is no message. Can someone please give me advice what I should do next or who I should contact? Should he call CPC in Mississauga?

Thanks,
Alex

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
AlyxanderLX said:

So my partner and I applied for outland spousal sponsorship. I am American and he is Canadian, living in Canada. We sent in our application on Jan 31, got confirmation of receipt on Feb 18 telling me to link my account (Which i did) and then on Feb 28 he got an email letting him know he was approved for sponsorship(yay!) and they would need a Schedule A background check from me to move forward but I would receive either a message or email letting me know where to send this within 5 business days...it has been well over 5 business days. I have checked my online account, I have checked my email, junk email folder, deleted folder, everything. There is no message. Can someone please give me advice what I should do next or who I should contact? Should he call CPC in Mississauga?

Thanks,
Alex
Your timeline is almost identical to mine. Did you send your Schedule A in with your application? I sent my Schedule A, FBI check, and medicals as I had already done them. I have read many times on this forum that they will still request an uploaded Schedule A, even if you mailed one with your application. Some people already have the request waiting for them when they link their app. My email did not state that they would need a Schedule A or that I would receive a message about it, nor have I gotten a request for one. They have, however, requested that I upload an additional form detailing my military service within 45 days, which oddly enough, is information they got off of my Schedule A that I mailed in with my app. I'm almost convinced that they're not going to request that I upload a new Schedule A as they have clearly already been looking at the one I sent. But I could be wrong. I have seen many recent applicants with the same issue of not getting the request. Someone called and was told that they just haven't requested it yet. On a side note, they sent me a message on March 10 with a letter dated March 10 requesting my military info. I'm uploading it on Friday. But when I check my account messages, under correspondence it says that it was due on March 9 (the day before they sent the request!) and that it is overdue. Ah, such is life.

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
AlyxanderLX said:

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

I too have a similar situation.

CIC sent me a sponsorship approval letter on Mar 03, stating that is the next step would be uploading the schedule A & that they will sent the request/message withing the next 5 business days.

It's been well over 5 business days but i haven't received any request for Schedule A till date.

Calling the call Center is futile as they are perennially busy.

AlyxanderLX

Feb 13, 2017
Texas, USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
1/31/17
AOR Received.
2/18/17
Med's Request
10/1/17
Med's Done....
10/9/17
Passport Req..
11/20/17
JenTex said:
Your timeline is almost identical to mine. Did you send your Schedule A in with your application? I sent my Schedule A, FBI check, and medicals as I had already done them. I have read many times on this forum that they will still request an uploaded Schedule A, even if you mailed one with your application. Some people already have the request waiting for them when they link their app. My email did not state that they would need a Schedule A or that I would receive a message about it, nor have I gotten a request for one. They have, however, requested that I upload an additional form detailing my military service within 45 days, which oddly enough, is information they got off of my Schedule A that I mailed in with my app. I'm almost convinced that they're not going to request that I upload a new Schedule A as they have clearly already been looking at the one I sent. But I could be wrong. I have seen many recent applicants with the same issue of not getting the request. Someone called and was told that they just haven't requested it yet. On a side note, they sent me a message on March 10 with a letter dated March 10 requesting my military info. I'm uploading it on Friday. But when I check my account messages, under correspondence it says that it was due on March 9 (the day before they sent the request!) and that it is overdue. Ah, such is life.
I didn't send my schedule A with the application. I considered it but I also didn't have my police certificate yet (Though I ended up getting it just days after we mailed the app) and I read somewhere they would request those later on anyway so I opted not to. That's interesting, yeah sounds like they don't even want yours if they're already asking for other info instead. That's ridiculous they're saying it's overdue! Have you called and explained it's not overdue?

AlyxanderLX

Feb 13, 2017
Texas, USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
1/31/17
AOR Received.
2/18/17
Med's Request
10/1/17
Med's Done....
10/9/17
Passport Req..
11/20/17
The_Dark_Knight said:
Hi Alex,

I too have a similar situation.

CIC sent me a sponsorship approval letter on Mar 03, stating that is the next step would be uploading the schedule A & that they will sent the request/message withing the next 5 business days.

It's been well over 5 business days but i haven't received any request for Schedule A till date.

Calling the call Center is futile as they are perennially busy.
Good to know I'm not the only one. I don't get how they do things. I was really surprised how quickly my husband was approved for sponsorship. It took them 18 days just to confirm they got it and then just a 6 days after that he's approved lol. I did make an inquiry online and hope they'll respond soon. My husband tried calling CPC but the wait time was 45 minutes...I'm considering getting a Canadian phone plan and trying to call them myself and just wait it out...

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
An update :

Couple of days ago, I had received an email communication from CIC that my child's sponsorship application has been forwarded to New Delhi Visa Office for further processing.

All that happened without me getting a request for Schedule A.

I have begun to think they might have ruled out requesting a Schedule A as my child is barely 4 months old.

JenTex

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-03-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
AlyxanderLX said:
I didn't send my schedule A with the application. I considered it but I also didn't have my police certificate yet (Though I ended up getting it just days after we mailed the app) and I read somewhere they would request those later on anyway so I opted not to. That's interesting, yeah sounds like they don't even want yours if they're already asking for other info instead. That's ridiculous they're saying it's overdue! Have you called and explained it's not overdue?
I did not call them. If I would have had any issues uploading due to their error, I definitely would have contacted them. But I uploaded it about a week later with no issues. It was stressful with it saying that it was overdue, but hopefully this won't cause any unnecessary delay. My app hadn't even been in their hands for 45 days for their request to be overdue! Ha!

samy816

May 7, 2017
Hi everyone, I have an April 27 AOR and am facing the same situation, how did things work out for you guys?

on an added note I have already gotten the Medical request, submitted and passed even before schedule A request.

thanks for your help

Cheers

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017

Thanks,
Alex
CIC is experiencing technical difficulties with their website which is why their requests are not reflected in 'My CIC'. Many applicants haven't even been able to link their applications. I suggest you call CIC and check if they have sent a request for Schedule A and PCC, the last thing you want is it being overdue and delaying your apllication. They will not transfer your file to the VO unless it is attached to your apllication.

AlyxanderLX

Feb 13, 2017
Texas, USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
1/31/17
AOR Received.
2/18/17
Med's Request
10/1/17
Med's Done....
10/9/17
Passport Req..
11/20/17
CIC is experiencing technical difficulties with their website which is why their requests are not reflected in 'My CIC'. Many applicants haven't even been able to link their applications. I suggest you call CIC and check if they have sent a request for Schedule A and PCC, the last thing you want is it being overdue and delaying your apllication. They will not transfer your file to the VO unless it is attached to your apllication.
Thank you for the info, sorry I didn't see your message till now. I will definitely be calling them. Still nothing. I actually did send the police certificate and schedule A through the web portal but never got any notice or message it actually linked it to my application. However, i have gotten two replies from CIC saying they have resolved the issue?? Another saying they will be telling someone to resend the request to me. It's been a week since that message and nothing. So aggravating. It probably is overdue considering how much time has passed...I could scream.
Thank you again,
Alex

Janchor

Apr 25, 2017
Thank you for the info, sorry I didn't see your message till now. I will definitely be calling them. Still nothing. I actually did send the police certificate and schedule A through the web portal but never got any notice or message it actually linked it to my application. However, i have gotten two replies from CIC saying they have resolved the issue?? Another saying they will be telling someone to resend the request to me. It's been a week since that message and nothing. So aggravating. It probably is overdue considering how much time has passed...I could scream.
Thank you again,
Alex
Your most welcome. If they have resolved the issue, you should be able to upload the form through 'My CIC'. Do call them up.

mpenn123

Jan 13, 2017
My husbands application has been in Havana since Jan. His criminal record check and his medical have both been completed but two weeks ago I got a message saying that our application was missing documents. Luckily my husband was in Havana and was able to go to the embassy. He was told that they didn't like that the application was written in pen ( it was a paper application??) and that they wanted new forms submitted ( schedule A included) but also the questionnaire about our wedding, who attended etc. I submitted the forms and was then told they were not the right ones ( but they are the newest forms available on the webssite).I have emailed them 5 times asking if they would please link the requested documents to our account but have gotten no response from them. I talked to CIC in Ottawa and they were of no help but to say it should be done through our linked account and that there was nothing they could do till the 12 month processing period is passed.
Does anyone have any experience or guidance as to what I can possibly do next. Im frustrated and it feels so out of my hands as to what to do next??

starlord_knight

Oct 21, 2015
Hi Alex,

I'm sponsoring my wife and our time lines are close. I'm also having the same issue where in i received an email from CIC letting me know that i'm approved as a sponsor and principal applicant will receive an email in next 5 business days with instructions on how to provide schedule A form however it has been more than a month she hasn't received that email yet, tried contacting CIC numerous times but no luck apparently they are busy all the time. I sent a case inquiry explaining the situation and attached schedule A form but no response yet it has been more than 10 business days i sent case inquiry so i don't know what else to do this is very frustrating.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi Alex,

I'm sponsoring my wife and our time lines are close. I'm also having the same issue where in i received an email from CIC letting me know that i'm approved as a sponsor and principal applicant will receive an email in next 5 business days with instructions on how to provide schedule A form however it has been more than a month she hasn't received that email yet, tried contacting CIC numerous times but no luck apparently they are busy all the time. I sent a case inquiry explaining the situation and attached schedule A form but no response yet it has been more than 10 business days i sent case inquiry so i don't know what else to do this is very frustrating.
Same happened to us when we applied in March

You will always get the same message from CIC you just have to keep calling

We ended up priority mailing ours to CPC Miss
It was added to our application 2 days later and transferred to VO for processing less than 2 weeks after that