+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

sarsubha91

Nov 16, 2019
Hi,
I have landed on 25th Nov 2019 and linked my PR card Application on 02nd Dec 2019. In the IRCC portal, it still shows as submitted, anyway I can check the status? Also, the processing time on the IRCC website is 22 days, does that include only working days or holidays too? Shall I start the count since I landed i.e. 26th Nov or the day after I linked my application in the portal i.e. 3rd Dec?

anrerp95

Apr 4, 2019
Tried all available options in drop down. Unfortunately, same result from all. No details found.
Checked with someone who has already received the card 1 week ago and result is same for him. So not sure how viable this is.
If your status is not showing that means your PR card is either dispatched or it is already sent ur mail box. So i suggest you to check that.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,
I have landed on 25th Nov 2019 and linked my PR card Application on 02nd Dec 2019. In the IRCC portal, it still shows as submitted, anyway I can check the status? Also, the processing time on the IRCC website is 22 days, does that include only working days or holidays too? Shall I start the count since I landed i.e. 26th Nov or the day after I linked my application in the portal i.e. 3rd Dec?
Working days only
Since you landed

Kwi

Jun 17, 2019
Hi ,

I just landed also last Nov 26,2019 and I already received my PR Card. It was mailed to the address declared.
Hope this helps :)

sarsubha91

Nov 16, 2019
Hi ,

I just landed also last Nov 26,2019 and I already received my PR Card. It was mailed to the address declared.
Hi, are you in Ontario? Did you link your PR Card Application on the IRCC website? If yes, did the status change from Submitted to Approved before they dispatched your card?

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi ,

Did you received it via regular post or with expresspost? My status was sent already but I dont know how to track with Canada post. Thanks.

Reactions: Money74

prin999

May 3, 2019
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
Thanks OP

Updated step 2: Look for "Did you apply on paper or don't see your online application in your account? Add (link) your application to your account to access it and check your status online."

rlyt

Feb 24, 2019
I linked our applications, we all got an updated "approved status" and that the cards were mailed, except for my 1 year old daughter. She was the only one that got a ghost update email 3 days ago without change in status, it still shows as submitted. Is that a cause of concern? Is it possible that they may mail her card without changing the online status to approved? or is this possiblly a photo issue?

Thanks!

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Hi all! I have a quick question: I had the landing interview on Dec 15, and managed to link my PR card application in my online account. The current status of my PR Card it's "Submitted", however when i click on my application appears that it was approved on Jan 6th and that the card has been mailed to me.
How can I tell if the card has been indeed sent? I'm asking because my understanding was that the status should first change from "submitted" to "approved", before they will actually mail the PR card.
I am a bit concerned just because I am going in vacation soon and I'm assuming that the PR card is mandatory (together with my passport). Thank you in advance!!!

AlinaBA

Aug 10, 2016
Hi all! I have a quick question: I had the landing interview on Dec 15, and managed to link my PR card application in my online account. The current status of my PR Card it's "Submitted", however when i click on my application appears that it was approved on Jan 6th and that the card has been mailed to me.
How can I tell if the card has been indeed sent? I'm asking because my understanding was that the status should first change from "submitted" to "approved", before they will actually mail the PR card.
I am a bit concerned just because I am going in vacation soon and I'm assuming that the PR card is mandatory (together with my passport). Thank you in advance!!!
It seems like system is super crazy! I received a photo request and when called CIC they said they do not need anything from me .So maybe you PR Card is on the way!!

Reactions: Mada

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
It seems like system is super crazy! I received a photo request and when called CIC they said they do not need anything from me .So maybe you PR Card is on the way!!
You were right, just received my PR card last evening :)

Mada

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
Please let me know which province you are as I am yet to receive my card mailed last year. Thanks
Toronto, Ontario