+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps to check PR Card Status !!

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
For my spouse, GCkey remained in submitted status even when they asked for photos. There will be no message in gckey about the photo request. But he received an email.

As for my daughter, still in submitted status but there’s no email for photo resubmission. Wondering whether we have missed the email somehow, i called The helpline and they confirmed to me that there’s really no photo request for her and her application is now sent to card production. It was just processed late compared to ours.
thanks almost a similar situation , can u share the help line number plz

rajanuiet12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hi All

Can anybody please help me here. My PR CARD status changed to "Application/Profile Updated". But when i went inside nothing got changed. Everything was the same as before. Now when i again logged in after 5 mins, it got changed to Submitted.

Does it mean anything?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

sri82@av

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Hi,

For all those who were not able to link their PR Card Applications in CIC account, the problem could be with the Place of Birth. I unsuccessfully tried (UCI No. + Family Name) several times with different combinations (all caps, no caps, sentence case etc. for Family Name, Place of Birth etc.), got locked out after exceeding the limit (max. 5 attempts per day I guess) for 2 days, then realized that the Place of Birth could be an issue. I was typing the Place of Birth as exactly in my CoPR (which was just the CITY name), in my Passport I have both CITY Name (comma) STATE Name. I tried again today with this combo and BINGO !! it went through and i was able to link the application.

So here are some tips to make this work:

1. Use the UCI No. + Family Name option
2. Enter all details in CAPS (that's what worked for me)
3. For the Place of Birth field, try to enter the full details as in your Passport (e.g. MUMBAI, MAHARASTRA or CHENNAI, TAMILNADU) including any spaces in between.
4. Now try to link it.

As far as I understand, there is no time limit on how soon you can link you PR Card application after landing, but you should be able to link 2-3 days after landing if the details you enter are valid.

Good Luck.
Thank you so much, I have been trying this for a month and this helps and I was able to view the application.

truepark

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
08-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-02-2017
Med's Request
08-01-2018
Med's Done....
18-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-04-2018
Hi there!
Does anyone have an idea how long does it take to receive the PR card after the application is approved at mycic account?
According to the mycic account, my first PR Card application was approved on June 5, but as of today, June 19, it hasn't come yet.
I read through this page, it would take 7 days of delivery but it seems it has been more than 2 weeks since my application was approved.
So, if anyone has any knowledge of this delaying, please share your wisdom.
Thank you in advance.

Vickram32

Jan 11, 2017
Hello Friends I though many people who recently landed might want to check PR card status then follow below steps. Me and many of my friends have already done it. we all were on express entry (SINP).

Follow below steps only after you have landed. It gives only 5 attempts in one day.

1) Login to CIC account.
2) Go to section "Link an existing application to this account". Click on "Link application to this account" button.
3) Select category as PR Card
4) Select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"
5) Fill required details (please make sure capital, small, comma etc.)
6) Provide landing date in "Date you became a permanent resident"
7) Click on search my application.
8) after application searched make sure you submit application else not linked.

One you have successfully linked your application it will shown you as "Submited" status and once it is ready for dispatch it will go into "Approved" status.

If you receive any photo request then it will not change any status. Regularly check PR card processing time on CIC website as photo request or PR card approval both come in last 5-10 days (i.e if processing time is 63 days then after 55 days you will be able to see some movement.)
I have completed one month in Canada, when I search for my PR Card application with the above process, it says the application cannot be found. I tried with different options from the list.

jptskt

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Landed on May 6th 2018. MyCIC account for my PR card changed to "Approved" today. Hoping to get it in the mail by the end of the month.

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Me landed on 2nd may.applied for PR card same day on landing.linked my account to my cic .It is already 50 days.cic account says in progress.photo request for main applicant on 5 days back and same sent to nova scotia. When can i expect approved status?

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
Please advice-
I landed here in toronto on 10th march, 2018 and they took the one copy of confirmation and second one I had. I have not received my first PR card yet, its been more than 100 days now. Did I have to apply separately for the PR card or was that applied automatically as i handed over the confirmation.
I have tried many time to link my application but they show that no matching information available. I send email but even did not get any reply yet and tried to connect through phone but showed busy all the time. please suggest should I do now?

Ajay Bishnoi

Oct 20, 2017
Me landed on 2nd may.applied for PR card same day on landing.linked my account to my cic .It is already 50 days.cic account says in progress.photo request for main applicant on 5 days back and same sent to nova scotia. When can i expect approved status?[/QUOTE

HOw did you apply for the pr card?

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
any one have idea until which photo resubmitted date PR card already processed .

My wife submitted her new photos on 5th June and expected they received on 11th/12th June but until now its showing submitted status in CIC .

bsaurabh

Jul 3, 2018
Hello All

My PR Card application has been approved. Does anyone know how long would it take for CIC to send the card once the application has been approved?

Thanks

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello All

My PR Card application has been approved. Does anyone know how long would it take for CIC to send the card once the application has been approved?

Thanks
Depends on where you live in Canada. I got mine in 3 days, and I live in Scarborough, Toronto.