+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Step Wise Procedures of Attestation For WES of Metric, Inter & HEC

kamarzahid

Dec 24, 2017
I have sent HSSC Certificate + HSSC Transcript + WES Docs Req Form in Sealed envelope from BISE by MYSELF via fedex (Gerry's Intl, charged 2000PKR). It got accepted. I think only trick is to ask courier to place RESPECTIVE Board's name on envelope in sender field. If you do that there is no way for WES to know that it was not sent by BOARD.
Also, Tracking history doesn't matters, couriers often shift consignments from one city to other. So if you send BISE Rawalpindi docs from Karachi Fedex center, as long as envelope was sealed by BISE RWP, they will accept it. Although tracking will clearly show, item originated from Karachi
Brother, did you get your docs attested from IBCC as well? BISE RWP people asked me to attest the copies from IBCC before sending to WES.

mrizwankhan

Oct 15, 2017
Even after reading all these valuable feedback I can't understand the essential parts of WES processing. I've done the basics as below: Please help me out further for ECA for IRCC (Canadian immigration):

1. I've already attested and verified (original + photocopies) both Matric and Intermediate certificates and marksheets (Karachi Board) by IBCC and MOFA.- OK
2. I've already attested and verified my Bachelors and MBA degree by respective universities, HEC and MOFA. - OK
3. Now I made up an account on WES website. Now the problem comes, which are:

a) Filling up their form, WES gives no option or list for selecting matric credentials. How do I enter my matric credentials. I've successfully entered my Inter, Bachelors and MBA credentials. Is Matric credential not required?
b) Do I have to pay WES CD$ 330 first after submitting the form only after that would I get my WES reference no? Does debit card works as I have only debit card.
c) Are Matric and Interboard certificates sealed in two different envelopes or are both sealed together in a single envelope? Who would send it i.e. IBCC which is in Islamabad or Interboard office which is in Karachi?
d) WES asks separate envelopes for Matric/Inter and graduation. So when I send both to WES, obviously there would be a delay in sending both envelopes, would WES accept that as a single evaluation or two separate evaluations? And for that would I have to pay them twice?

I don't understand people mostly asking about matric, inter and degree attestation and HEC related. That I believe is the easiest part. WES processing is the hardest part. HEC has made it sooooooo easy after computerization. And yes even though you struggle in matric and inter attestation, the documents are still in your hands and fee is way less that WES fee. So i think these are the easiest phase getting attested by IBCC, HEC and MOFA.

Edit #1: Another thing is that WES lists inter certificates against each credential. That is for my graduate credential its asks for inter certificates, then also for my MBA it asks for inter certificates. So do I have to send my inter certificates more than once? i.e. for each credential I have to send inter certificates? Or only only inter certificate for all credentials (Grad+MBA) would be sufficient?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Reactions: ihsamkhan

mrizwankhan

Oct 15, 2017
You sent Matric Inter docs yourself? using which courier??

My WES experience:

Equivalence Result:

3 years bachelor was recognized as 3 years bachelor degree
2 year masters was recognized as 4 years bachelor degree
2 years masters was recognized as a masters degree

The Process:
Matric and Intermediate Certificates
were verified by the respective board (Mirpur ajk BISE in my case) and given to me in a sealed envelope which I sent via courier myself. WES rejected it in the first attemp because the envelope seal had broken by the time it had reached Canada. I got the verification again and the documents were accepted by WES. Make sure the person sealing the envelope properly seals the envelope. I suggest taking a good quality envelope and glue stick with you to the board. Only the certificates are needed, I did not get my mark sheets verified seperately.

Bachelor and Masters Degrees: HEC (Islamabad) attestation was done using the standard procedure which is (1) Make online profile, fill in all your details (2) upload scans of documents for online scrutiny by HEC. (3) In 24 hours HEC will inform you to make appointment for the attestation visit. (4) Go to HEC on the appointment time, get the queue token from the machine at the HEC and wait for your turn (5) HEC officer will scrutinize your original documents and take two sets of photocopies for all documents (6) deposit fee on HEC bank window (7) Submit your documents and get the receipt with delivery time written on it.

After you recieve the attested documents (original or copies), go to R&I section (with a good quality envelope and glue stick) which can be accessed via main gate of HEC, they will inspect your originals and seal them in an envelope infront of you.

WES: It took 22 days for WES to finish the processing after they recieved all the documents.

aamir305

Jan 9, 2018
I sent my Matric and Intermediate certificates only verified by the respective boards to WES and they were accepted. The certificates have the marks on them. You don't need to get the mark sheets verified seperately. Hope this helps.
thank you for your reply and did you get the matric and inter certificates photocopied from both sides front and back or only the front?

ahsansyed

Jan 13, 2018
This procedure is for Matriculation and Intermediate from Karachi Boards, presumably the procedure will be similar for all other boards as well.

1. Matriculation:

a) For Marksheet Attestation:

Collect form from Counter Number 4, fill in the form attaching CNIC copy and two copies of marksheet, pay the fee (PKR 800)
at Cash Counter Number 1 and submit the form at counter Number 4.

b) For Certificate Attestation & Dispatch to WES :
Approach Mr. Ansar at Room No. 22, tell him that the verified certificate is required to be submitted to WES. Fill in the form, attaching two copies of SSC Certificate, duly filled WES Academic Records Request Form ( https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pdf) and CNIC Copy. Deposit the fee (PKR 850) on Cash Counter Number 1 and submit the form and fee slips of certificate and marksheet along with PKR 3000 cash to Mr. Ansar. Collect your DHL Tracking Number after 3 days.

2. Intermediate

Collect the form from Room Number 22 First Floor, Fill in the form attaching CNIC Copy and two copies of marksheet. Deposit fee (PKR 220) in HBL and submit the form at Room Number 22. Keep the fee slip with yourself.

b) For Certificate Attestation:
Collect the form from Board Library Counter, fill in the form attaching CNIC Copy and two copies of certificate. Deposit fee (PKR 460) in HBL and submit the from at the Library Counter. Keep the fee slip with you.

c)For Dispatch to WES :

On the due date (mentioned on fee slip) collect attested marksheet from Room 22 and approach Mr. Hasan in Room Number 14 Ground Floor along with the attested marksheet ,duly filled WES Academic Records Request Form, certificate attestation fee slip and hand written application to Secretary BIEK for sending sending attested marksheet and certificate to WES. Deposit the fee (PKR 1500) in Room Number 1 and submit all the documents along with application to Mr. Hasan. Collect UMS Tracking Number after 3 days.

3. Graduation/ Postgraduation

Get your originals and one copy of degree and transcript attested. Refer ( http://hec.gov.pk/english/services/students/Degree Attestation System/Documents/Procedure-Online-degree-Attestaion.pdf ) for detailed procedure.
Request HEC official at the time of collection of attested documents to seal the attested copies in an envelope. Send the envelope through any courier service of your choice or Pakistan Post putting it in another envelope so that the seal is not damaged, write your name and address as sender.

Reactions: mrizwankhan

mrizwankhan

Oct 15, 2017
So as I understand it, attested matric and intermediate certificates are to be sealed enveloped separately and sent separately as well???
If that is so, then why WES gives no option to enter your matric or SSC or O'levels credentials on their website? It only allows to enter Inter or A'level credentials.
Also, did you pay WES on their website first, before sending the documents?

Thanks

This procedure is for Matriculation and Intermediate from Karachi Boards, presumably the procedure will be similar for all other boards as well.

1. Matriculation:

Collect form from Counter Number 4, fill in the form attaching CNIC copy and two copies of marksheet, pay the fee (PKR 800)
at Cash Counter Number 1 and submit the form at counter Number 4.

b) For Certificate Attestation & Dispatch to WES :
Approach Mr. Ansar at Room No. 22, tell him that the verified certificate is required to be submitted to WES. Fill in the form, attaching two copies of SSC Certificate, duly filled WES Academic Records Request Form ( https://applications.wes.org/OnlineApp/pdf/ca/International_Transcript_Request.pdf) and CNIC Copy. Deposit the fee (PKR 850) on Cash Counter Number 1 and submit the form and fee slips of certificate and marksheet along with PKR 3000 cash to Mr. Ansar. Collect your DHL Tracking Number after 3 days.

2. Intermediate

Collect the form from Room Number 22 First Floor, Fill in the form attaching CNIC Copy and two copies of marksheet. Deposit fee (PKR 220) in HBL and submit the form at Room Number 22. Keep the fee slip with yourself.

b) For Certificate Attestation:
Collect the form from Board Library Counter, fill in the form attaching CNIC Copy and two copies of certificate. Deposit fee (PKR 460) in HBL and submit the from at the Library Counter. Keep the fee slip with you.

c)For Dispatch to WES :

On the due date (mentioned on fee slip) collect attested marksheet from Room 22 and approach Mr. Hasan in Room Number 14 Ground Floor along with the attested marksheet ,duly filled WES Academic Records Request Form, certificate attestation fee slip and hand written application to Secretary BIEK for sending sending attested marksheet and certificate to WES. Deposit the fee (PKR 1500) in Room Number 1 and submit all the documents along with application to Mr. Hasan. Collect UMS Tracking Number after 3 days.

3. Graduation/ Postgraduation

Get your originals and one copy of degree and transcript attested. Refer ( http://hec.gov.pk/english/services/students/Degree Attestation System/Documents/Procedure-Online-degree-Attestaion.pdf ) for detailed procedure.
Request HEC official at the time of collection of attested documents to seal the attested copies in an envelope. Send the envelope through any courier service of your choice or Pakistan Post putting it in another envelope so that the seal is not damaged, write your name and address as sender.

ahsansyed

Jan 13, 2018
So as I understand it, attested matric and intermediate certificates are to be sealed enveloped separately and sent separately as well???
If that is so, then why WES gives no option to enter your matric or SSC or O'levels credentials on their website? It only allows to enter Inter or A'level credentials.
Also, did you pay WES on their website first, before sending the documents?

Thanks
It gives option, Secondary School Certificate is in the drop down list. Please check again.
WES fee must be paid to get the WES Reference Number which is required for filling WES Academic Records Request Form. This Reference Number is also required to be mentioned on all envelopes.

Reactions: mrizwankhan

mrizwankhan

Oct 15, 2017
It gives option, Secondary School Certificate is in the drop down list. Please check again.
WES fee must be paid to get the WES Reference Number which is required for filling WES Academic Records Request Form. This Reference Number is also required to be mentioned on all envelopes.
Thanks you sooo much Furqan. I've found Secondary School Certificate is in the drop down list but I can't select O' levels. I did O' levels but also converted into equivalency as per Interboard Karachi. So what should I enter? The form went like this:

Institution Type:
"Secondary School" (I selected from available options from the drop-down list) - OK
Which of these apply: "Attended A Pakistani Secondary School" (Now A'levels etc are listed there but O'levels isn't there, so I selected from best available options from the drop-down list)
Name of the Institution: Now there's no drop-down list but when I enter Matric or O'levels or Cambridge board it doesn't appears. But "Board of Intermediate Education" appears. Now what should I enter in this field?
Name of Diploma/Certificate: Secondary Education - OK

So that's the problem above. Now, Should I send my attested copies of O'levels certificate to WES via the British Council, Karachi, or send the Equivalent Certificate (issued by BIEK) to WES via the Interboard? Or should I send both?

Hirra*

Jan 13, 2018
Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum. My query is , my both master degrees are already attested by HEC Pak. While now I need the bachelor degree to be attested also plus it's transcript and both master degrees transcript.
According to new online attestation system of HEC , I registered and uploaded all documents. But problem is there was option for only that degree which was not attested,so I have to mark bachelor degree + transcript
But how can I add masters transcripts?? Coz there is no other option??
Should I wait first for attestation of bachelor degree??
Then I should again submit application for masters transcripts??
Regards

awais327

Jan 15, 2018
after searching the name of my university and pressing enter it shows WES does not evaluate academic records from University of Lahore what to do ???? please help

asadulhaq1983

Jan 15, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have a special case and hoping to get some help.
1. I did matriculation from S.B.T.E. (Sindh Board of Technical Education and certificate name is Technical School Certificate)
2. Proceeded with Diploma of Associate Engineer also from S.B.T.E. (It's a 3 year program and generally equivalent to Intermediate or H.S.C).
3. Proceeded with B.S in CS degree from Virtual University (4 Years)
I have got the BS degree attested and sealed from H.E.C. As per WES, they need H.S.C. certificates from Inter board office but since I don't have any such certificate, and I know for sure that B.I.E.K. will not touch my S.B.T.E. document at any cost, What exactly do I need to do so WES accepts my documents?
Right now I am thinking to get my D.A.E transcripts and certificates verified from S.B.T.E. and then submit them to IBCC. I then plan to send these to WES and will mention BIEK address in From section. Please note that S.B.T.E. will seal the envelope before I can submit those to IBCC so I won't be able to make any copies and also IBCC will attest new set of transcripts and seal them again (The IBCC sealed ones will not have any verification stamps from S.B.T.E., this is my understanding as they state on websites that board verified transcripts will not be returned).

Can someone please confirm if there is any mistake in above approach? Should I also do the same with T.S.C (S.S.C. from S.B.T.E.) documents as well?
Do you guys recommend I go for IQAS as that seems to have a simple approach than WES. But S.B.T.E. refuses to seal envelopes for anything other than IBCC (can't figure out why). Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:

awais327

Jan 15, 2018
Guys on WES web site I added these Educational certificate
* Bachelor of Technology in Civil (Higher Education Commission)
* Diploma of Associate Engineer (Punjab Board of Technical Education)
* Secondary School Certificate ( Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Lahore)

but on the web site of WES they are asking only for Bachelor Degree and Marks Sheet and Secondary School Certificate and Marks Sheets do i need to attest and send Diploma of Associate Engineer and Marks Sheet ?????

find below the screen shot.

http://prntscr.com/i16ssy