+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying in Quebec while CSQ(and PR) being processed via QSW or PEQ

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Hi Folks,

I am new here and I have a couple of doubts regarding CSQ. Please throw some light on them.

1. If I have completed two years of studies and have got my CSQ via PEQ or QSW, should I stay in quebec till I get my federal PR stamped or can I move to other provinces.

2. Also can I apply for PEQ from outside of Quebec. Assuming I complete my studies, work in ontario and then finish my B2 in french and then apply for PEQ? If yes, can I stay outside while my PR is processed as well.

Please throw some light on whether it is mandatory to stay in quebec while the application is being processed.

Thanks!

P.S: I did not find any related thread regarding staying in Quebec while processing CSQ and PR via quebec. If there is one, please update the link

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
You are free to live wherever you want, however, you might be forced by the officer working on your file to provide evidence that you are planning on settling in Quebec prior to issuing your visa. Also make sure to NOT flagpole in Ontario. Once you receive your visa, choose a Quebec-USA border to complete your landing.

sunprashanth99

Jun 9, 2015
Thank you so much Marlee for the reply.

I should've made my question more clear..:)

I would be joining McGill/Concordia by this term and was having a few doubts regarding my location when Im processing PEQ/QSW. I am actually asking these queries at the time when I would be on my PGWP. To be more specific:

1. Suppose I am processing my QSW application as soon as I have graduated(when I am in Montreal on PGWP) and I get a job in ontario, can i go ahead and work in ontario while my CSQ application is being processed here in quebec? Are there any kind of restrictions/limitations.

2. Supposing I got my CSQ and then I wanna leave Montreal and go to Ontario, would there be a problem at the federal phase. Isnt the federal part going to verify only whether my health and criminal records are clear or would they also be verfying whether I am currently residing in Montreal and other stuff.

Folks, please guide me in this aspect as I am planning to take a few decisions based on this.
Appreciate your timely help in this regard.

Thanks!

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
1. You can live wherever you want.
2. Yes, they would verify your bonds to Quebec since you are signing an agreement (intent to reside in Quebec). The officer who will be working on your file will most likely ask you to submit proof that you will indeed settle in Quebec before he approves your PR. There has been a similar case here in the forum lately (only the other way around - CEC applicant living in Quebec) and this is what the applicant recieved from CIC:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

You have been working and residing in Montreal, Quebec since your arrival in Canada in May 2010. As per R87.1(1), the Canadian experience class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, their experience in Canada, and their intention to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. You demonstrate strong ties to the Province of Quebec given your employment history. For this reason, I am not satisfied you intend to reside outside the Province of Quebec. Therefore, I am not satisfied your meet the requirements of the program.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address.

Please ensure that you quote the file number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit. If you choose not to respond with additional information and/or documentation, or if your submission does not allay these concern(s), your application may be refused.

We look forward to receiving the additional information and/or documentation within 60 days.

Yours truly,

upinder

Aug 1, 2015
hi everyone
I have applied for qsw on 20April,2015 and got my file number on May25,2015. Can anyone tell me the processing time for CSQ. Currently I am a quebec resident.

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
HI,
Is this thread still active?
I am international student of Concordia university and want to add few more question

1- Is the difference between nomal CSQ n PEQ-CSQ is only the processing time (1 year vs 1 month)?
2- So what if i want to move from Quebec after getting CSQ?
3 - Is the restriction of living in Qubec only for PEQ-CSQ or for the normal one too?

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
1. If you apply under the PEQ you will get your CSQ within one month. The federal application still takes a year though (look at my timeline).
2. It doesn't matter whether you immigrate under the regular QSW or the PEQ - you are immigrating to Quebec, therefore the residence obligation applies to both cases. If you move to another province after receiving your CSQ, you will face issues at the federal stage (like in the previous post, only the other way around).

mukul arya

Dec 3, 2014
i need help . i noticed from the quebec website that regular csq is time consuming,that is not an issue but they mention there is an interview .that might be a problem of getting rejection . but in peq there is no interview.

any body have any information regarding this

Ghufrankhan

Nov 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-14
File Transfer...
21-01-14
Med's Request
06-02-14
Med's Done....
12-2-14
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-2-14
LANDED..........
16-07-14
Thanks Marley,
So advice needed.. I am not a francophone, i am learning french to get PEQ but it's getting hard now to continue it with studies, so is it worthy enough to keep continuing it until i reach the required level or should i go for the normal one and hope some changes in Quebec Immigration will make the processing time short..

Reactions: Mjkab