+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questions on express entry

AshJWalker

Nov 3, 2013
I would like to know how would the answers to the Statutory Questions affect my application. This question in particular is my concern:

Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I answered 'Yes' to the above questions because I was refused a work permit a couple of years ago after my initial two work permits subject to not having an LMO. I subsequently went back to the UK sorted an LMO with an employee, reapplied and was granted the same visa. Which is what i'm in Canada on at the moment.

I'm worried answering yes might toss out my application because of the other questions around them which you would think evryone would clearly answer no to. Like "Have you ever been involved in terrosim?" ! and when submitting Express Entry online I don't appear to have the option to include any extra files for explanation on this.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Just answer truthfully, if they have rejected your application once, they are most likely to have some record of it. Since you were approved later on, it should not be an issue with them.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AshJWalker said:
I would like to know how would the answers to the Statutory Questions affect my application. This question in particular is my concern:

Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

I answered 'Yes' to the above questions because I was refused a work permit a couple of years ago after my initial two work permits subject to not having an LMO. I subsequently went back to the UK sorted an LMO with an employee, reapplied and was granted the same visa. Which is what i'm in Canada on at the moment.

I'm worried answering yes might toss out my application because of the other questions around them which you would think evryone would clearly answer no to. Like "Have you ever been involved in terrosim?" ! and when submitting Express Entry online I don't appear to have the option to include any extra files for explanation on this.
If you answer YES to this question you might be rejected PR (I seriously doubt that).
If you, however, answer NO, they will surely reject you as it will me interpreted as a misrepresentation. Always answer truthfully to every question. Explain everything in LOE, there is a section to upload that.

AshJWalker

Nov 3, 2013
many thanks all....

I don't see where the LOE section is to upload.... I just have the list of sections now labelled as completed and an option to click submit...

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
AshJWalker said:
many thanks all....

I don't see where the LOE section is to upload.... I just have the list of sections now labelled as completed and an option to click submit...
Are you just creating a profile right now? If yes, then you won't be able to upload anything just yet, only when you are submitting for the ITA then you will have an option to upload all the documents.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AshJWalker said:
many thanks all....

Once all the forms are completed, click submit. You will see a customized checklist and placeholders to upload supporting docs. You will also see a placeholder for LOE
Good luck

aika1987

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't be afraid to answer YES for this question. I had exactly same situation - denied WP because of no valid LMO at that time, and in Schedule A I had to wrote "out of status" which even sounds very illegally. But that was the truth, I was honest, explained everything and got PR without any problems

Reactions: sundar17feb99

simplyharry

Mar 4, 2017
My query is also related to same question.

I was in US for 4 months(1 semester) and then my SEVIS status was terminated by the University and I was asked to leave US within 15 days by the University if I didn't want to pursue any other options.

I am not sure if I should answer "Yes" or "No" to the below question. What should the answer be?

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
simplyharry said:

I was in US for 4 months(1 semester) and then my SEVIS status was terminated by the University and I was asked to leave US within 15 days by the University if I didn't want to pursue any other options.

I am not sure if I should answer "Yes" or "No" to the below question. What should the answer be?
I think the answer should be "no"
You were not deported. But you might want to discuss the full scenario with an immigration lawyer.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
simplyharry said:

I think it would be "no" as well. The University asked you to leave, therefore you were not "ordered" to leave by anyone who has authority. A University can request you leave, but they do not have the authority to deport you or order you to leave.

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
mgnlky said:
I think it would be "no" as well. The University asked you to leave, therefore you were not "ordered" to leave by anyone who has authority. A University can request you leave, but they do not have the authority to deport you or order you to leave.

Were you asked to leave by the university or the immigration department?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Please NOTE: Answering these questions as YES do not mean that PR application will be rejected as long as you did not commit a crime, risk security or suffer from a health condition that will cost Canada more than an average person....

but answering these questions incorrectly could lead to charges of Misrepresentation that can get one banned for approx 5 years......

Many of us answered YES and gave a complete explanation....and got PPR.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
simplyharry said:
I was asked to leave by the University.
Then you can answer no.

simplyharry

Mar 4, 2017
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. This was the mail I got when my SEVIS status was terminated.

"[University] is required to report students who fail to enroll or maintain status to the Department of Homeland Security’s SEVIS program. If you have already discussed this event with your OIE advisor, your grace period is 15 days from the date you were notified by your department. If you have not already discussed this event with an OIE advisor, you have no grace period.

As a student who is no longer maintaining full time status, you must pursue one of the following options immediately (or within 15 days—see above):

1) Leave the U.S.,

2) Transfer to another U.S. school,

3) Apply for a change of status to a different non-immigrant status,"

Just wanted to make sure once again so that I don't misrepresent any information.