+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questions on express entry

habibdhaka

Mar 6, 2017
I am having confusions with 2 questions under Personal History>Statutory Questions:

1. Has .... been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has .... ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Previously i have occasion of rejected tourist visa. Now do I have to put Yes to both the questions? If i put yes, it asks for details, and what kind of details am i to put?

Bencres

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
habibdhaka said:
I am having confusions with 2 questions under Personal History>Statutory Questions:

1. Has .... been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has .... ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Previously i have occasion of rejected tourist visa. Now do I have to put Yes to both the questions? If i put yes, it asks for details, and what kind of details am i to put?
I had same situation. A tourist visa was refused. I answered yes to both and as description "tourist visa refused (date) ... (reason). Make sure to give more detail on the refusal in your letter of explanation.

habibdhaka

Mar 6, 2017
Bencres said:
I had same situation. A tourist visa was refused. I answered yes to both and as description "tourist visa refused (date) ... (reason). Make sure to give more detail on the refusal in your letter of explanation.
the embassy didn't provide any reason... i don't know why it was refused. what do i write now? can you give me what you wrote exactly? and what you wrote in your LOE? was your application finally accepted?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
habibdhaka said:
the embassy didn't provide any reason... i don't know why it was refused. what do i write now? can you give me what you wrote exactly? and what you wrote in your LOE? was your application finally accepted?
Everyone is different so you can't use someone elses reasons.

If you aren't sure that's ok too. Just write down as much as possible, date, location etc. Write down why you think you may have been refused. Either way it's not an issue at all.

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
simplyharry said:
Thank you so much for the prompt reply. This was the mail I got when my SEVIS status was terminated.

"[University] is required to report students who fail to enroll or maintain status to the Department of Homeland Security’s SEVIS program. If you have already discussed this event with your OIE advisor, your grace period is 15 days from the date you were notified by your department. If you have not already discussed this event with an OIE advisor, you have no grace period.

As a student who is no longer maintaining full time status, you must pursue one of the following options immediately (or within 15 days—see above):

1) Leave the U.S.,

2) Transfer to another U.S. school,

3) Apply for a change of status to a different non-immigrant status,"

Just wanted to make sure once again so that I don't misrepresent any information.
You were not ordered to leave, nor was visa refused. In the US, a deportation order has to come from a court.

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
Hi,

Just received ITA today and I am completing the PR application form. Two questions are confusing me.

1. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Now, I have been refused a student visa to the U.S as well as visiting visa to the U.S before. Do I have to answer yes to both questions or is it only one i answer yes to.
If am answering yes to the first question, do I need to provide details of only the visiting visa or do I have to mention the student visa as well

Also, can answering yes be a detriment to the success of my application?

I need as many replies as possible so i can get this right

Ahsan123

Apr 5, 2017

Immigration history and citizenships

3. Has ....... applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

Hi Guys,

I have a confusion regarding these questions. I have applied for EE before but didn't receive ITA in the first attempt and my profile expired after one year. Should I respond as yes to these question

Deraaa23

Nov 28, 2018
For statutory declaration during post ITA filling.
In a situation whereby you have been denied visa before by US, Canada or UK, does the last two last statement
1.Has .... been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2.Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Will it be yes to both??