+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status removed from ECAS

MySky

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aren't we supposed to wait for the 6-month target processing time before claiming our money is being given to the refugees without our consent?

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
anarsoul said:
The problem is they're taking refugees from refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan. Where there's no danger to their lives.
Canadaistheway said:
these refugees are mostly in Lebanon and Jordan where it is safe so I don't see why they couldn't be kept safe there until they get proper processing.
Now, that's a shame. I must say I didn't know about that. Forget what I said.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MySky said:
Aren't we supposed to wait for the 6-month target processing time before claiming our money is being given to the refugees without our consent?
Target processing is actually 6 months. Problem is our application processing is being almost completely funded by our processing fees (correct me if I am wrong). Now, our apps are not moving at all, ECAS is down, MyCIC is so-so. In the mean time refugee applications are moving forward and they have ECAS (while none of us does). VERY few PPRs after October and no official communication from the CIC. Logical assumption: they have diverted resources we paid for to process refugees while taking credit for it.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
MySky said:
Some July applicants will pass 6 months milestone on January 1st. And honestly, only 2 weeks left. Short working week (Dec 29-31) doesn't count, too many people take vacations on these dates.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
anarsoul said:
Some July applicants will pass 6 months milestone on January 1st. And honestly, only 2 weeks left. Short working week (Dec 29-31) doesn't count, too many people take vacations on these dates.
Seems like my worst nightmare is coming true.... ::)

HRGUY

Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
Don't get me wrong. I am all for helping people in need as much as I can. The problem is that it has to be my own choice. I put my hard earned money toward processing my application. Now they serve another purpose without even asking for my permission. Last but not least, they take all the credit. So yes, I do have the right to be mad.
golden speech

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am June 14 AOR and no DM, there are lots of like me. I'll hit 6 months in few days..

cr_ramos07

Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We can speculate and complain in the forums as much as we want but the truth is that if we're within the first 6 months there is nothing we can do about it. As far as I know, before the EE was implemented the application for PPR used to last much longer than 6 months, and also remember that every 2 - 3 weeks we have over 1000 new applicants. It makes sense to me that the whole process takes some time... except for those lucky ones who have gotten the PR in less than a month.
Take it easy, it'll happen :)

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cr_ramos07 said:
We can speculate and complain in the forums as much as we want but the truth is that if we're within the first 6 months there is nothing we can do about it. As far as I know, before the EE was implemented the application for PPR used to last much longer than 6 months, and also remember that every 2 - 3 weeks we have over 1000 new applicants. It makes sense to me that the whole process takes some time... except for those lucky ones who have gotten the PR in less than a month.
Man, why do you even comment, you are October!

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
cr_ramos07 said:
The issue is they require upfront medical exam for EE which is valid only for a year. And last day of its validity is the last day of visa validity. I don't want to spend 600CAD for another exam.

Olrdude

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
HakikiKanada said:
I am June 14 AOR and no DM, there are lots of like me. I'll hit 6 months in few days..
That is 6 months after a COMPLETE application. From your signature, looks like they did request additional docs from you. Selam bu arada ;)

cr_ramos07

Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
Man, why do you even comment, you are October!
Haha! I have seen more than a few Octobers with PPR already... meanwhile I am extending my work permit until June because I foresee that I'll have to wait more than a few months more. But getting upset won't make it go faster

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Canadaistheway said:
Target processing is actually 6 months. Problem is our application processing is being almost completely funded by our processing fees (correct me if I am wrong). Now, our apps are not moving at all, ECAS is down, MyCIC is so-so. In the mean time refugee applications are moving forward and they have ECAS (while none of us does). VERY few PPRs after October and no official communication from the CIC. Logical assumption: they have diverted resources we paid for to process refugees while taking credit for it.
I don't want to get into this debate, just want to point out several things to try and calm things down a bit.
First of all, we don't know the details of how CIC's budget is formed and spent. You've made your assumption and asked others to prove you wrong, but none of us has a way to check that, so it's neither here nor there.
ECAS is down, so actually, we can't know if our applications are moving or not :) I've read about cases of people getting PPR without ever getting their ECAS acess. While it might sound overly optimistic, I choose to stick to this opinion until I hit 6 months.
MyCIC works, the previous couple days were the first time it was down, as far as I know. (I don't know if there is (or can technically be) any relation, but it's interesting to note that it happened around the time media reported the details of last year's cyber-attack on CRA that led to revision and patching of all government online services).
And lastly, CIC did comment on the issue: in their official Twitter, they said that the refugees will not affect the processing of other streams (including other refugees).

saurez7777

Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
Med's Done....
08-09-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
ellia said:
I don't want to get into this debate, just want to point out several things to try and calm things down a bit.
First of all, we don't know the details of how CIC's budget is formed and spent. You've made your assumption and asked others to prove you wrong, but none of us has a way to check that, so it's neither here nor there.
ECAS is down, so actually, we can't know if our applications are moving or not :) I've read about cases of people getting PPR without ever getting their ECAS acess. While it might sound overly optimistic, I choose to stick to this opinion until I hit 6 months.
MyCIC works, the previous couple days were the first time it was down, as far as I know. (I don't know if there is (or can technically be) any relation, but it's interesting to note that it happened around the time media reported the details of last year's cyber-attack on CRA that led to revision and patching of all government online services).
And lastly, CIC did comment on the issue: in their official Twitter, they said that the refugees will not affect the processing of other streams (including other refugees).
Commenting on your last sentence: CIC said in their official twitter, which is false. we can clearly see they are delaying the applications from July and August. They are just not agreeing to this.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Hard to say processing refugees is the reason for slow down with our limited knowledge.

It is entirely possible that they have technical problems with their systems leading to all this.

It is also possible that they now have built backlog of EE applications and that is the primary cause.

We don't have enough insight to say any thing about that.