22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Canadaistheway said:
The CAD52mil I mentioned was the budget for FSW program alone.
Ahhh right, sorry, I missed that. Now that I think about it, it's obvious how weird it would be if CIC had such a surplus)) And I forgot about the RPRF.

Eh, well, they plan to bring in all the refugees by the 1st of March, if I remember correctly. That'll make it 4 months, from start to finish. I think this can be viewed as exceptional circumstances and doesn't discredit EE as a system. In fact, it's holding up fairly well in these circumstances, in my opinion.
And with the inevitable redistribution of funds - why think our fees went to pay for the refugees, we could as well think we're paying Mr McCallum's salary ;D

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ellia said:
Ahhh right, sorry, I missed that. Now that I think about it, it's obvious how weird it would be if CIC had such a surplus)) And I forgot about the RPRF.

Eh, well, they plan to bring in all the refugees by the 1st of March, if I remember correctly. That'll make it 4 months, from start to finish. I think this can be viewed as exceptional circumstances and doesn't discredit EE as a system. In fact, it's holding up fairly well in these circumstances, in my opinion.
And with the inevitable redistribution of funds - why think our fees went to pay for the refugees, we could as well think we're paying Mr McCallum's salary ;D
;D Good one about McCallum's salary.
If I were CIC I would get my act together and issue a statement along these lines:

"Dear Applicants. After implementing EE system, processing times have improved a lot. We know you expect us to complete your applications as soon as possible and we are trying our best. Unfortunately, we have an emergency situation with accepting refugees and we hope to bring them in as a top priority. It will take us xyz months and we kindly ask for your patience since your applications are going to be on hold until we are done. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

Simple as that. At least this gives a proper credit.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Canadaistheway said:
;D Good one about McCallum's salary.
If I were CIC I would get my act together and issue a statement along these lines:

"Dear Applicants. After implementing EE system, processing times have improved a lot. We know you expect us to complete your applications as soon as possible and we are trying our best. Unfortunately, we have an emergency situation with accepting refugees and we hope to bring them in as a top priority. It will take us xyz months and we kindly ask for your patience since your applications are going to be on hold until we are done. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

Simple as that. At least this gives a proper credit.
So true. In Russian there's an idiom - "Trying to take two sits with a single butt" - that's what they're trying to do.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
fkl said:
A) It was never a promise. The exact statement from CIC was "we will aim to process most applications in six months or less". I don't see promise any where.

B) Regarding your statement about not interested in this system until EE, IT TOTALLY DEPENDS upon one's individual situation.

I was not sitting outside of Canada to apply for PR. I had never even considered living here. But i was offered a job in my precise profession with work permits for myself and family so i moved here - worked for more than a year and paid taxes. So getting PR here is more important and not a choice for me considering right now i risk going out of status with a particular time line. However, when i came in, i knew all this process and system - so there is nothing i should be crying about.

And yes given the circumstances, i consider myself lucky to have a 6 month process since i won't want to leave a well settled life with family and move back again.

If i look at it that way and going by your logic - i might consider myself DESERVING PR more. But there is no such notion, hence i am just contented with what CIC says is their INTENT.

The only reason to quote my circumstances above was to differentiate that applying to Canada based upon years long process or not could vary depending upon every ones individual stakes.

It was not at all attractive to me coming here and start every thing from scratch and look for jobs, meanwhile waste a lot of savings possibly. But the situation changes altogether if you have a good established job and career. So yes i consider myself lucky. To each his own.
I do hope they put your file on hold for a long time as they did to some of the applicants :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Canadaistheway said:
By promise I meant more like brand/lifestyle/values promise. Not word for word promise. What you say is like the tricky ads we see on tv, like the ones where they offer a solution but the fine print underneath makes it completely unworthy. Also, the key word is INTENT. I don't see so much intent in what they are doing any more from the very limited communication we get from them. E.g. my CSE from almost two months ago went ignored.

I totally respect your situation though and consider your positivity on this very inspiring. At least you knew what to expect and I wish you the best.
Sure - CIC defines their intent too - that generally 80% or so of the applicants are actually processed according to their target timelines.

And i guess so far this holds true for EE over all. Most of the people i know and can read of on forum have been through in less than 6 months. There is a small percentage processed wayyy faster - in a month or so. The majority has been processed in 4ish months. Few took longer than that.

So as long as this trend holds, i think they are meeting their soft INTENT / commitment whatever we call it.

There are many factors which are totally not in CIC's control depending upon individual applications. Security and background checks often fall into that category.

May be i have developed a bit more stamina (hence positiveness) towards CIC :) But i get similar sentiments when i talk to my friends say who applied in march and got through in 5ish months. According to them my file (and others in the same time line - late 2015) are proceeding much faster as opposed to even them.

Of course this is a discussion and opinions, no hard feelings. Thanks for your input.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Sure - CIC defines their intent to0 - that generally 80% or so of the applicants are actually processed according to their target timelines.

And i guess so far this holds true for EE over all. Most of the people i know and can read of on forum have been through in less than 6 months. There is a small percentage processed wayyy faster - in a month or so. The majority has been processed in 4ish months. Few took longer than that.

So as long as this trend holds, i think they are meeting their soft INTENT / commitment whatever we call it.

There are many factors which are totally not in CIC's control depending upon individual applications. Security and background checks often fall into that category.

May be i have developed a bit more stamina (hence positiveness) towards CIC :) But i get similar sentiments when i talk to my friends say who applied in march and got through in 5ish months. According to them my file (and others in the same time line - late 2015) are proceeding much faster as opposed to even them.

Of course this is a discussion and opinions, no hard feelings. Thanks for your input.
Well, this might be a language barrier issue because english is obviously not my first language, but to me the 80% is the desired outcome/commitment and the intent would be putting your BEST efforts to achieve that outcome.

Our processing calculator averages on this forum have been alarmingly increasing but like you said let's still hope that 5 months stat still holds true.

Btw, just found an interesting publication on CIC website that is a guide to CIC staff on processing our applications that could potentially give some insider perspective on how our apps are processed ;D. Thought might be interesting for you guys as well:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/index.asp?v=post

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Canadaistheway said:
I apologize if that touches your feelings. I know this is a sensitive issue and I mentioned that I am all for helping other people as much as I am able to/can afford. Where did I say they should stop accepting refugees?

All I am asking for is accountability and transparency. Why does an agency's policy failures become being appreciative of Canada issue? I think it is the generalizations like that that make our voices unheard. Frankly, I am appreciative of Canada just because of that: that I can raise my concerns as much as I like, seek accountability and get it. Hope I could make my point without offending anyone.
I sounded very harsh. I am so sorry my friend. I am indeed becoming very sensitive about issues around refugees these days. I should have not attacked you about it though. I hope you forgive me. Lots of wishes for you on your path to Canada.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the PPR guys...! :p

Still no access to ECAS and no update in MyCIC.

Good luck to you all..!

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
HakikiKanada said:

Good luck to you all..!
Great! Congrats HakikiKanada! I am so happy for you. Hakiki how did you learn about your ppr? You gave them a call?

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamoonExpressEntry said:
Great! Congrats HakikiKanada! I am so happy for you. Hakiki how did you learn about your ppr? You gave them a call?
Received an e-mail for instructions to submit passports.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Awesome HakikiKanada!!

mssm

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-11-2015
HakikiKanada said:

Good luck to you all..!
Congratss .. did you get ghost mail or something before your status change to DM or you directly got PPR without DM ?

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
HakikiKanada said:

Good luck to you all..!
Congrats ..and thanks for sharing this news ... by doing this you did another good thing ...."changed the topic, otherwise the thread was going somewhere else .....:)

coco247

May 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30-09-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2015
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
HakikiKanada said:

Good luck to you all..!
Wow!!! Great news to hear!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!