+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status removed from ECAS

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not tried ECAS yet as i have just recently submitted my app and have been tracking its progress through mycic... just wondering, what is the difference between these two that some rely on ECAS? Thanks!

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoyceM said:
I have not tried ECAS yet as i have just recently submitted my app and have been tracking its progress through mycic... just wondering, what is the difference between these two that some rely on ECAS? Thanks!
Ecas is more like an update on various reviews/steps that an officer takes on your application. Example it would say:
1. Received your applicatio on xxx date
2. Medicals passed on xxxx date
3. Request sent for so and so documents
4. Decision made.

You would see people saying 2 lines, 3 lines etc etc. These are the lines they are talking about.

Bascially its similar to mycic but its quick dashboard of your application without having to login to mycic. Security levels are low and all you need is your application number, surname, data of birth and country to login to this system. Access is usually granted within a week or so post submission of documents.

I agree with someone saying that this is a redundant system and cic can get away with this and they can merge it into mycic. Lots of speculations that its down because they are planning to shut it down but it might as well be a software downtime.

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
+1

StAnger said:
Ecas is more like an update on various reviews/steps that an officer takes on your application. Example it would say:
4. Decision made.

You would see people saying 2 lines, 3 lines etc etc. These are the lines they are talking about.

Bascially its similar to mycic but its quick dashboard of your application without having to login to mycic. Security levels are low and all you need is your application number, surname, data of birth and country to login to this system. Access is usually granted within a week or so post submission of documents.

I agree with someone saying that this is a redundant system and cic can get away with this and they can merge it into mycic. Lots of speculations that its down because they are planning to shut it down but it might as well be a software downtime.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
anarsoul said:
I believe they're going to discontinue ECAS support. Currently it's only available for paper-based applications. All other applications are done through MyCIC, and honestly it's ridiculous to support 2 different sites with similar purpose.
I agree it's redundant, but if they want to remove it, I think they would have notified us / put up a message, not just remove it like that.

Farcoff

Nov 3, 2015
Duskyblue said:
I agree it's redundant, but if they want to remove it, I think they would have notified us / put up a message, not just remove it like that.
remember Nov 6th, 2013? they put caps on CEC without fair notification, and that changed everything.

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Farcoff said:
remember Nov 6th, 2013? they put caps on CEC without fair notification, and that changed everything.
Actually, I don't. Haven't been trying to immigrate back then. But that sucks. :-(

KSwathy

Nov 4, 2015
KSwathy said:
Hello Everyone,
I am trying upload few documents requested by CIC through Express Entry profile and facing below error.
Today is the last day for submission, could you please let me know if anyone are facing the same issue and if there are any other options for me at this point of time.
I sent a CSE and still waiting for their reply.

Error Message -
========================================================
System Generated Error Code

Sorry - This on-line service is currently not available

Possible Reasons
1) We are currently updating the website
2) We are experiencing technical difficulties

Please try again later
========================================================

Thank you.
Can you guys please suggest me here, As today is the last day for submission and the site still seems to have problems, will CIC extend my deadline for submission?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
KSwathy said:
Can you guys please suggest me here, As today is the last day for submission and the site still seems to have problems, will CIC extend my deadline for submission?
Swathy, try clearing cookies and the cache on your browser. Try to access it in the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome and while you are at it, be sure to save screenshots as the OP suggested.

If you are still not able to access it, then send a CSE with all the screenshots and it will be taken care of. We cannot help it if the error is on their part.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KSwathy said:
Ideally they should as this is a system error. Take snapshots of the pages and when you raise a cse, attach them as a proof that this indeed was a system error. Do not fret about the situation.

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
riddymon said:
Nothing here... :(
just tried logging in to ecas. submitted application a week ago. all it shows is my home address and that's it. no further links to actually check the status of the account. :S

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
i still can't access it

Moejoego

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
StAnger said:
Ideally they should as this is a system error. Take snapshots of the pages and when you raise a cse, attach them as a proof that this indeed was a system error. Do not fret about the situation.
Hi Stanger please let me know on which mail id and what will be the content...

Thanks in advance.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
StAnger said:
4. Decision made.

Very good explanation! +1 to you.