+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status change to "Decision Made" Instead of RBVO ? Wondering Why?

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
zakoy said:
Dear Zakoy,
the following is my time line and yes I got my 2nd AOR .

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: KL Malaysia
NOC Code......: 0711
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 27.Apr.2010
AOR Received.: 18.Agust.2010
2nd AOR 28.jan.2011 by mail

regards,

zakoy

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
CEBU, PHILS
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10.NOV.2010
AOR Received.
[per]22.FEB.2011------------[2nd aor] 16.MAR.2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
IN HIS TIME
Malaysia said:
zakoy said:
Dear Zakoy,
the following is my time line and yes I got my 2nd AOR .

Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: KL Malaysia
NOC Code......: 0711
Pre-Assessed..: Yes
App. Filed.......: 27.Apr.2010
AOR Received.: 18.Agust.2010
2nd AOR 28.jan.2011 by mail

regards,
Thank you for sharing. Have a great day ahead

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
ambi11 said:
mine changed to decision made just like yours. same noc 0711
Dear ambi11,

Could you please let me know what is your timeline and VO? by the way have you received your 2nd AOR already?
regards

ambi11

Feb 18, 2011
I applied January 22, 2010.
Got CIC AOR March 5, 2010.
Sent full documents July 2, 2010.
I saw on my ecas Application received by CHC July 2, 2010.
However they have not sent the any 2nd AOR to me.

Kingston, Jamaica VO

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
ambi11 said:

Kingston, Jamaica VO
Thank you for sharing.

Best regards,

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
ambi11 said:

Kingston, Jamaica VO
By the way it seems in pas eight month you didn't receive 2nd AOR, I think you should ask them.

Regards,

zakoy

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
CEBU, PHILS
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10.NOV.2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
IN HIS TIME
Hi Malaysia,
Just want you to know that I have received a refusal letter after my DECISION MADE status on ecas. :(

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zakoy said:
Hi Malaysia,
Just want you to know that I have received a refusal letter after my DECISION MADE status on ecas. :(

Sorry to hear that , what is the reason for refusal ?

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Malaysia said:
Dear Saki
I have the same problem you had.They have all my documents, on March 21,in my ecas a line added and say that your application received and then on March 22 previous line which was Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE
has changed to "Decision made"

I am confused whether it is a bad point. I got my first AOR on Agust 18 2010 then I submitted all documents on December, 6 then I received a mail ,2nd AOR, on January 28 that was issued on January 25, at this time my ecas was the same as before and it showed "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE" Then as I said on March, 21 one line added in my ecas which said "Application received" and suddenly I saw previous line has changed to "Decision made". Still my ecas status is the same and I didnt received any mail.

Base on your case what s your idea? Thanks in advance
Hi

I tried to email you but your inbox is full, my case is different then yours my status change to decision made before i got 2nd AOR and you got 2nd AOR in jan and status change in march this could be a geniune change as well not an error, email visa office about it and if its refusal i hope not then you will receive letter in 2 weeks by post.

Cheers
Saki

zakoy

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
CEBU, PHILS
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10.NOV.2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
IN HIS TIME
saki said:
Sorry to hear that , what is the reason for refusal ?
My consultant said that the letter is in standard form, they usually give out the same reasons for everyone who is refused. There is one line there that said that one must complete a full year experience based on the duties of his NOC. I just don't see why they refused us when in fact, I have finished a 4 yr experience as ambulance nurse. :(

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
saki said:
Has your status changed you "Decision Made" from "CIO Review Completed"

I have heard that since the new rules came in CIC is trying to upgrade their e-case system thats why we are seeing so many mistakes every week. Under new rules applicants are required to send full docs to CIO and with their first AOR they will be able to see their status for CIO only and when CIO will approve their file and send it to visa office then status for the first file number will be change to "Decision Made" and when Visa office will start working on the file they will send the new file number which is 2nd AOR and you will only be able to check your status with new file number given in 2nd AOR.

Deear saki,
my email is empty but thanks for your try. Base on what you said here I hope the reason was the same. In terms of getting 2nd AOR as I mentioned although I have received my 2nd AOR on Jan, 28 my ecas change to RBVO on March, 21 but in new line, and previous line changed to decision made on March, 22. My question is if this is a real "decision made" in the visa office why they opened a new line in my ecas instead of putting that line in previous one. But as you mentioned I have to wait and see, I will wait 5 days more to complete 2 weeks.
Best regards,

Malaysia

Mar 23, 2011
zakoy said:
Hi Malaysia,
Hi Zakoy,

I am really sorry to hear that. I have a question do you have 2 line in your ecas ? I mean, I have to line like this:

in the 1st line , "DECISION MADE", it shows:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 18, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
&
in the 2nd line, "RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE ", it shows "The application and documents have been received by the visa office on Dec, 6"

the red parts are new as I mentioned.

By the way how long did it take to get a letter from VO after decision made and are you in the city where your VO is.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Malaysia

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all, i was just going through op6 for FSW-1 - this shows that VOs must complete the paper review and make a decision regarding applicant's eligibiliti within in 2 weeks from 120 day deadline......does this mean anyone who did'nt had a DM made in eCAS within first few months should be alright in terms of points calculation and eligibility?? please comment

9.6. Distinction between final determination of eligibility for processing and processing
Final determination of eligibility for processing
All visa offices should use the same approach when making a final determination of eligibility.
Where documents are reliable and information is clear, consistent and well-supported the final
determination of eligibility can be made quickly. Where this is not the case, the final determination
of eligibility will be more involved.
While visa officers must exercise diligence at the final determination stage, they should also
complete this stage quickly, i.e. ideally less than two weeks after the deadline set by the CIO.
Exercising diligence while making a final determination within the ideal timeframe means the
determination will be a paper review of the application and supporting documents. Visa officers
must apply their local knowledge to the application and documents to determine eligibility.
The paper review is not just a confirmation of the preliminary determination made at the CIO. The
CIO makes preliminary determinations without the benefit of supporting documents to substantiate
an applicant‘s self-assessment of eligibility. The availability of documents permits a more robust
assessment at the visa office.
For SW1 (one or more of the 38 occupations listed in the MI), review the documents related to
work experience. These documents should include those listed in the Appendix A document
checklist of the visa office specific forms. They should include sufficient detail to support the claim
of at least one year of continuous work experience or equivalent paid work experience in one or
more of the occupations in the last 10 years. Documents lacking sufficient information about the
employer, or containing only vague descriptions of duties and periods of employment, should be
given less weight. Descriptions of duties taken verbatim from the NOC should be regarded as selfserving.
Presented with such documents, visa officers may question whether they accurately
describe an applicant‘s experience. A document that lacks sufficient detail to permit eventual
verification and a credible description of the applicant‘s experience is unlikely to satisfy an officer
of an applicant‘s eligibility.