+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status bar tracker

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Everyone!

I guess by now everyone either has seen progress bar in account (I think many are still left) or you may have seen a picture of it on the forums.

I'm sure many of us think that the progress bar is not really helpful to us. If you feel the same, I think a better way of CIC letting this is to fill out the survey they sent and let your views known. So, if you haven't filled out the survey please do so!

In the survey they ask us whether the progress bar is useful or not. Of course I chose No. Then there is a text box for comments and I said

Merely adding 6 months to AOR date is not showing "progress". if you want to show progress give actual details of the steps in between and a "real" estimate of the process. The gimmicks don't help the candidates. Show some empathy to candidates please.

In the next page I "strongly disagreed" with usefulness of the said progress bar.

Request to everyone, please do the survey and let them know that this thing has zero advantage and utility to the candidates. Not sure it will help but we need to make our voice heard. Thanks!

Reactions: Linobmw2000

fanmagnus

Dec 13, 2018
wen was ur AOR?
October 9th. MEP and ip1 since Nov 8th. I’m aware things can get quiet for a few months (Moon: sos yeah I understand that the content of this sentence is normal). It’s just that this line of text wasn’t there yesterday. As far as I can remember it used to be:

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

Now in addition to the above, another paragraph has appeared:

“You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.”

Has this paragraph appeared for everyone?

Last edited:

Lywick

Feb 10, 2018
October 9th. MEP and ip1 since Nov 8th. I’m aware things can get quiet for a few months (Moon: sos yeah I understand that the content of this sentence is normal). It’s just that this line of text wasn’t there yesterday. As far as I can remember it used to be:

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

Now in addition to the above, another paragraph has appeared:

“You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.”

Has this paragraph appeared for everyone?
Mine says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."

adlanco

Dec 18, 2013
I think mine is the worst status lol. My AOR is Nov 2017.

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.”

Mine says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to. This will help move the application process along."
e

Reactions: bruno5000

Vancouvercec

Nov 27, 2018
Apr 30 AOR here. I also received the progress bar. Did anyone else also see the“Application/profile updated” status before clicking on their applications?

Kingever

Dec 13, 2018
AOR April 1st
Progress bar said the my application is taking longer than expected
the expected time is Oct 01st 2018

karthikn

Dec 12, 2018
After Status Bar,,, now the estimation time is another 4 months ...seriously april 2019

I thought it will done under 60 days now need to wait another 4 months...

Moon-101

Sep 14, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
UPDATE: It took a day for the bar to appear. If it the bar was not visible on the 12th, give it some time it will show.
True, it's kind of not that useful because you can tell in advance what the bar will show based on the date you submitted your application and the processing times for your country. Easy peasy.
That is one radiant green vitalizing bar I must say! I like the sight of it.

Grizz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
UPDATE: It took a day for the bar to appear. If it the bar was not visible on the 12th, give it some time it will show.
True, it's kind of not that useful because you can tell in advance what the bar will show based on the date you submitted your application and the processing times for your country. Easy peasy.
That is one radiant green vitalizing bar I must say! I like the sight of it.
Ok it's either blue or I'm colour blind. Thank God they didn't check that during my medical! o_O

Riya Patel

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi,

I have applied my Express entry through BC PNP. Through PNP how much time express entry take? Does take more then 6 month or less than 6 month for final decision?? I AOR Date is 4 October. MD pass 1 November.

Thanks

abhinav27

Aug 1, 2014
Yes it is, the processing times depend on the country you're applying from, and the other applications that are being processed simultaneously along yours. If one application becomes complicated, all applications are delayed until the issue with that one particular application is solved. I wish I had any links to share, all the info is available online.
Thank you for the response. I applied from Canada itself. Currently I am on PGWP. Is there a chance of rejection after waiting so long?

D

Deleted member 826724

Hi,

I have applied my Express entry through BC PNP. Through PNP how much time express entry take? Does take more then 6 month or less than 6 month for final decision?? I AOR Date is 4 October. MD pass 1 November.

Thanks
Well, based on the progress bar, it clearly indicates that the entire process takes 6months.
From the feedback that I have seen so far, the process can take between 3-6 month if you have all your documents right.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Got curious and decided to check my own application, and was surprised to see that I, too, received the status bar, despite my application being completed! Here's what it looks like once finished:

We're done processing your application.
[lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll]

Date received: June 12, 2018

So detailed. :rolleyes: