+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
As applicants, there isn't much we can do besides GCMS updates if our application is still pending. If we don't get an answer after the average processing time, it is possible to send a webform for an update. But the webform itself might take a year or two to get an answer

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Canada immigration Minister Sean Fraser says Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is hiring up to 1,250 and will have those new employees in place by this autumn to cut through the growing backlog of applications and cut processing times. - August 2022

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Thanks for the update. Slightly disappointed it is still a closed WP

This part I find funny, yeah right, as if ... lol

The permanent residence application should normally be finalized within six months. If a permanent residence application is in process but not finalized, a work permit extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis through the normal extension process at CPC-Vegreville.

Also this could be an error ...

• Employment Location: As per section 8.1 of the Commitment Certificate;
Section 8.1 of the Commitment Certificate is DO to check PoF for 52 weeks, not employment location. There is a possibility that the CC format is changed
If no one can answer, I'd trigger my DO next week

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Thanks for the update. Slightly disappointed it is still a closed WP

This part I find funny, yeah right, as if ... lol

The permanent residence application should normally be finalized within six months. If a permanent residence application is in process but not finalized, a work permit extension will be considered on a case-by-case basis through the normal extension process at CPC-Vegreville.

Also this could be an error ...

• Employment Location: As per section 8.1 of the Commitment Certificate;
Section 8.1 of the Commitment Certificate is DO to check PoF for 52 weeks, not employment location. There is a possibility that the CC format is changed
If no one can answer, I'd trigger my DO next week
By the way, this is what I did, I just applied for extension as they mentioned normal extension process but I am still sceptical about that! I hope it's not refused after all!

Entrepreneur101

Jan 11, 2021
Due to the lengthy processing times for the SUV PR applications, does one need to re-take IELTS again if the IELTS date of exam submitted with PR application is in excess of 2 years?

ZubairBabar

Mar 21, 2022
Hi Friends , for SUV work permit How much time Employer portal takes to reply for request Labour Market Impact Assessment (IMM 5802),
I mean the email sent to them when company does not have CRA number.

Last edited:

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
If you have already incorporated your company you have to use employer portal to make an employment offer. To get CRA number you need to do incorporation.
If you haven’t, so you need to email them to get the form to make the offer.