+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Hi guys, my suv WP was rejected with this reason "You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the IRPR exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the IRPR. As a result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada to begin this process."

I am so clueless about it. I already applied for PR
Something might have went wrong with your IMM 5802, or you did not submit it
Do send me a screenshot hiding personal information, you might have missed something on the form
You might have chosen box 21 answer incorrectly, or some instructions not followed

Last edited:

becca2309

Nov 18, 2022
I paid the compliance fee of $230 and followed the instructions to fill out the corresponding form with proper codes. I don't know what else I needed to do, you have any idea?
It’s likely the officer that handled your file isn’t that aware of the SUV program or maybe there’s an error on your offer of employment. Did you include a cover letter with your application?

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
Something might have went wrong with your IMM 5802, or you did not submit it
Do send me a screenshot hiding personal information, you might have missed something on the form
You might have chosen box 21 answer incorrectly, or some instructions not followed
Hi Roger, where do I submit IMM5802? can you please tell

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Ah, you didn't submit your IMM5802 which explains why you didn't get LMIA exempt
Anyway, on the form there is a send box, but you dont use it
Refer to the email from the employer portal, it as instructions to attach the IMM5802 and send via email as attachment

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
Ah, you didn't submit your IMM5802 which explains why you didn't get LMIA exempt
Anyway, on the form there is a send box, but you dont use it
Refer to the email from the employer portal, it as instructions to attach the IMM5802 and send via email as attachment
Thank you so much for your explanation, Now I get a clue, please check your inbox

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
I have got news that about 125 SUV WP have been refused (just from one Visa Office) seemingly because of the wrong LMIA exemption code for SUV WP since the IRCC instruction on how to fill the IMM5802 (in form or from employer portal) is outdated and allocates a wrong LMIA exemption code C10 instead of A75. I hope lawyers take some action against this matter as this is not applicants' mistake.

Reactions: Nightbirde

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
I have got news that about 125 SUV WP have been refused (just from one Visa Office) seemingly because of the wrong LMIA exemption code for SUV WP since the IRCC instruction on how to fill the IMM5802 (in form or from employer portal) is outdated and allocates a wrong LMIA exemption code C10 instead of A75. I hope lawyers take some action against this matter as this is not applicants' mistake.
you are so right. They could have just asked for additional documents for this or to instruct to do so. instead just refusing the application is just so harsh. its a big blow for me

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Unfortunately they just refuse and no one really knows how they do that. Because if the Chinook or whatever automated system determined these discrepancies with codes, the officer should take a look at the application and ask for form update or so. There are a lot of place in application we mention that this is a SUV Work permit.
Nevertheless, I think if forms have been filled with proper codes it wouldn't guarantee the positive results, simply because officers really do nothing about SUV WP

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
I’m part of a startup visa team (Already a citizen). Two of our team members applied for WP from Abu Dhabi with C10 exemption code. They haven’t got the decision yet. Should we raise a webform to tell IRCC about this mistake?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
I’m part of a startup visa team (Already a citizen). Two of our team members applied for WP from Abu Dhabi with C10 exemption code. They haven’t got the decision yet. Should we raise a webform to tell IRCC about this mistake?
It is no harm to do that, I think you should do that.
Could you please share your time line.

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
It is no harm to do that, I think you should do that.
Could you please share your time line.
No one has applied for PR yet.

Applicant 1:

Applied: Oct 5
Medical Passed: Oct 26
Eligibility Started: Oct 27

Applicant 2:

Applied: Oct 12
Medical Passed: Oct 26
Eligibility Started: Oct 27

Reactions: Nightbirde

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
According to my investigation, officer change the code C10 to A75 if you applied via online employee portal. You can set the code A75 through the form 5820 when you don’t have registered business.
The issue is they are refusing an Iranian application because of Iran current condition. Other countries should not be worry.

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
According to my investigation, officer change the code C10 to A75 if you applied via online employee portal. You can set the code A75 through the form 5820 when you don’t have registered business.
The issue is they are refusing an Iranian application because of Iran current condition. Other countries should not be worry.
I have downloaded a copy of imm5802, the exemption code is self-populated and cannot be changed
This is very wrong, the form isn't well prepared, with insufficient description on the drop-down menu to bring out the A75
You need to select this category ...LMO-exempt work permit renewals/extensions for certain CSQ holders... to have C10 (A75) self-populated
But A75 has 5 categories .... ,the SUV category wasn't shown in the drop down list

Reactions: becca2309

becca2309

Nov 18, 2022
Please I have a question for people who applied for and got SUV Work permit, did you submit IELTS result with your application ?

virtualjnr

Jun 28, 2022
Does anyone know about a Good lawyer for SUV Work permit? I already for PR but need a good consultant for WP. Some of them I contacted ask for crazy amount and only want to work for full package