+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

janoo

May 16, 2014
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

Hi.. Congratulation to all once again... I am loosing one by one my friend..

I think am only left for January 2012 applicant....

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

I have been short of approx. 180 days of the physical requirement at the time of applying which I mentioned in the application as it was due to business trips. I am into export business so had to travel few countries intermittently. Whereas my wife completed all days and was above 1250 days at the time of application.
I applied in 2013 as family application, after submitting questionnaire and waiting almost 26 months and 2 times finger prints got test which we both passed. The officer at mississauga said that it will be referred to the CJ.
Any Idea how much time as now both of us are stuck and in is uncertain about the timeframe.

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015

I have been short of approx. 180 days of the physical requirement at the time of applying which I mentioned in the application as it was due to business trips. I am into export business so had to travel few countries intermittently. Whereas my wife completed all days and was above 1250 days at the time of application.
I applied in 2013 as family application, after submitting questionnaire and waiting almost 26 months and 2 times finger prints got test which we both passed. The officer at mississauga said that it will be referred to the CJ.
Any Idea how much time as now both of us are stuck and in is uncertain about the timeframe. Is it wise to withdraw the application and then restart all over again? I heard that the wait time for CJ appointment is much more then the actual processing time?

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Exports said:
Any Idea how much time as now both of us are stuck and in is uncertain about the timeframe. Is it wise to withdraw the application and then restart all over again? I heard that the wait time for CJ appointment is much more then the actual processing time?
not sure what made u presume that being employed in exports (unless you are employed by EDC or any other government institution) would exempt you from residency requirements ? I think the judge would need to decide on this issue based on your case so if you qualify under the new rule maybe you should ponder on possibilities of fresh application because from what it seems lately the judges are going strictly by the physical presence requirements. If you are lucky your case might come up for hearing sooner rather then later, I wish you good luck. In case you decide on a fresh application do make the application based on cic requirements not based on presumptions as that would lead you to another non routine application and another long wait.

For sure a Level 2 officer is not qualified do decide on your case, so would suggest to post your query in a more appropriate thread to get the right suggestions.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Exports said:
6 Months will be a hard sell in front of judge. Suggest, cancelling app and re-applying as your best course of option

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
6 Months will be a hard sell in front of judge. Suggest, cancelling app and re-applying as your best course of option
check also on option if any of changing from family application to splitting it into individual application because maybe your wife's application doesnt merit a cj hearing and can be decided by a citizenship officer as she has fulfilled the physical residency requirement, again post in an appropriate thread so that you could get a more thoughtful response.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

walrus1891 said:
I received my oath letter. e-case also changed to reflect the oath date.
Hi walrus1891, Just checked my mail and ecase, it is not showing any oath info. So definitely it is not going to Missi for me. It might go to Scarborough since i took test there.

DM was made on Friday.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

vinaypuri said:
Hi walrus1891, Just checked my mail and ecase, it is not showing any oath info. So definitely it is not going to Missi for me. It might go to Scarborough since i took test there.

DM was made on Friday.
I am thinking just call in and book an oath ceremony. Let them know your availability and you have been practicing how to take the ceremony at home. Shame on them. LOL

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

strawberrylemonade said:
I am thinking just call in and book an oath ceremony. Let them know your availability and you have been practicing how to take the ceremony at home. Shame on them. LOL
Lol.. Strawberry lemonade.. That was chucke of the day.. Thanks. ;) you are funny

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Another week passed. No news from CIC!. Any luck folks? or is CIC is practically on summer break.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
Another week passed. No news from CIC!. Any luck folks? or is CIC is practically on summer break.
I called them friday, they refused to check my file, told them 3 months since decision made, they said it can take upto 6 months, the wait continues.........

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
They are not on summer break necessarily . They are just busy making sure that 2015 applicants get their oaths within six months while under-privileged , un-entitled and second grade group of 2011-2013 RQ applicants are waiting on the sidelines. I guess each tax dollar payed by a 2015 applicant worth more than a tax dollar payed by a 2012 applicant ( maybe people who applied in 2015 pay their taxes in US $ :) )

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

longwaitwithrq said:
I called them friday, they refused to check my file, told them 3 months since decision made, they said it can take upto 6 months, the wait continues.........
Tell them you got a call from CIC saying that you need to call back and book a oath ceremony (scam is everywhere nowadays, so you can always get away with that). They will spend more time with you and check your file, because they "think" you are a victim and they would like to help.

Reply with a disappoint saying: "Oh man, that must had been a scam!" you got your info, they feel accomplished, everyone is happy in the picture.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

ItkExpert said:
They are not on summer break necessarily . They are just busy making sure that 2015 applicants get their oaths within six months while under-privileged , un-entitled and second grade group of 2011-2013 RQ applicants are waiting on the sidelines. I guess each tax dollar payed by a 2015 applicant worth more than a tax dollar payed by a 2012 applicant ( maybe people who applied in 2015 pay their taxes in US $ :) )
Yeah. RQ applicants are just not on the priority. It is a BAD cycle. They will never get to RQ people with this kind of logic.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

strawberrylemonade said:
Tell them you got a call from CIC saying that you need to call back and book a oath ceremony (scam is everywhere nowadays, so you can always get away with that). They will spend more time with you and check your file, because they "think" you are a victim and they would like to help.

Reply with a disappoint saying: "Oh man, that must had been a scam!" you got your info, they feel accomplished, everyone is happy in the picture.
Please feel free to try it for yourself, I am not so desperate to jinx my case file after waiting for almost 3 years.