+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

TObound said:
Which office are you with?

It could be worth your while to contact your MP. It is ridiculous to be waiting for over two months to get scheduled for an oath...
MP was responsive but did not actually influence anything. I think I'll have to wait a couple of more moths as CIC clears up inventory of 2015 applicants and maybe they will have some spot for a 2012 applicant in one of the ceremonies (say a 2015 applicant can't make it to the ceremony or something).

janoo

May 16, 2014
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

Hi.. Federal Election round the corner ??? Vote or no Vote depend on my
Citizenship application pending since January 2012..

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

lenium said:
how long did it take for them to acknowledge you email? I wanna know if they have reveived my request or not ... no reply at all.
I called them. Perhaps try that. It is harder to forget a person that you spoke to than dismiss an email.

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hi guys finally it is over...
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.
We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you correspondence on February 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
You became a Canadian citizen on July 21, 2015.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

bogazici10 said:
hi guys finally it is over...
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012.
We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.
We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
We sent you correspondence on February 7, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
You became a Canadian citizen on July 21, 2015.
yes indeed, finally ! congratulations, that was a long long wait.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
yes ecas shows still in process, atip shows ceremony ready since june 1st week.
ok now ecas also shows decision made but when i click on the link "decision made" no additional information other then my test invite line from last year, nothing about oath.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

longwaitwithrq said:
ok now ecas also shows decision made but when i click on the link "decision made" no additional information other then my test invite line from last year, nothing about oath.
Same... I have been anxious to get something... My brother applied 5 months later and got his citizenship in Feburary..
I saw that there is only one oath ceremony in toronto at nathan philips in mid august. I am hoping that we can be scheduled to that one if we were to take the oath in the summer...

good luck!

janoo

May 16, 2014

Congratulation....

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

longwaitwithrq said:
Congratulations longwaitwithrq!. Hopefully you will have your pinky in a week or so.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

strawberrylemonade said:
Same... I have been anxious to get something... My brother applied 5 months later and got his citizenship in Feburary..
I saw that there is only one oath ceremony in toronto at nathan philips in mid august. I am hoping that we can be scheduled to that one if we were to take the oath in the summer...

good luck!
oh... tell me about it.. I sponsored my wife as spousal PR after coming to Canada. She got her Citizenship in 6 months when she applied a year ago. I am still stuck with CIC.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

vinaypuri said:
oh... tell me about it.. I sponsored my wife as spousal PR after coming to Canada. She got her Citizenship in 6 months when she applied a year ago. I am still stuck with CIC.
Is yours decision made? Man, your situation must had gotten devasting!

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

strawberrylemonade said:
Is yours decision made? Man, your situation must had gotten devasting!
Yeah... its just a bad luck. Anyhow, my ecase status is in process but MP office said I should hear back before end of Aug. But I don't trust on anything around CIC any more. will see.

janoo

May 16, 2014

Hi... have see no up date any good news ? please up date... now a days

call center not give any information..

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

janoo said:
Hi... have see no up date any good news ? please up date... now a days

call center not give any information..
None!. I guess, many of us are just waiting for last step in the process. There aren't many scheduled oath ceremonies it seems.

walrus1891

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
None!. I guess, many of us are just waiting for last step in the process. There aren't many scheduled oath ceremonies it seems.
I guess those of us whose files are in Mississauga are in for a long wait...I read on other forums that they are transferring files from Mississauga to Scarborough. Let us hope this does not apply to ceremony ready files.