+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sputum exam THIRD XRAY

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
So when i had my initial upfront medical i was required to take a sputum test because there were some irregularities on my xray. After 3 months of waiting for the results i had to do a 2nd xray and i was told that my xray actually improved meaning the irregularities they saw the first time was lessened. Unfortunately because of this, they said that they will submit my results to CIC with the recomendation that i take another x ray after 3 months! It doesnt make sense to me since all tests has been negative including the sputume culture but they said it will be the panel physician who will decide if my medical is approved or if i really need to take another xray after 3 months. They said the final result, if i passed or not, will be known after 10 days more.

Has any one else been in this situation and can i get tips on your experiences? Im hoping that eventually CIC would not require me to take another xray bec it will again delay my visa application.

Reactions: arsh2301

krana85

Oct 25, 2018
So when i had my initial upfront medical i was required to take a sputum test because there were some irregularities on my xray. After 3 months of waiting for the results i had to do a 2nd xray and i was told that my xray actually improved meaning the irregularities they saw the first time was lessened. Unfortunately because of this, they said that they will submit my results to CIC with the recomendation that i take another x ray after 3 months! It doesnt make sense to me since all tests has been negative including the sputume culture but they said it will be the panel physician who will decide if my medical is approved or if i really need to take another xray after 3 months. They said the final result, if i passed or not, will be known after 10 days more.

Has any one else been in this situation and can i get tips on your experiences? Im hoping that eventually CIC would not require me to take another xray bec it will again delay my visa application.
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, im in the same situation.. did upfront medical from iom lahore on 11feb, then sputum test on 13feb, now waiting fot 2nd xray on 12may.. i want to know does it stop whole other process like background check, eligibility check biometrics? Im quite worried due to this useless delay.. since i had done same medical for nez visa in singapore n it was passed.. but in iom lahore, it seems they r using old machines etc...
Canada is much more concerned with TB. If your x-ray comes back the same as the 1st one and your sputum doesn't grow anything you shouldn't have to do anymore medicals.

Reactions: Destinyugbajah

shayusuf247

Nov 10, 2019
I am in similar situation. I just gave 2nd Xray and sputum test last week.
Just wanted to know from your experience:
- How much time it takes for sputum result?
- What happened in your case?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in similar situation. I just gave 2nd Xray and sputum test last week.
Just wanted to know from your experience:
- How much time it takes for sputum result?
- What happened in your case?
2nd X-ray is to compare to the 1st one. Takes around 2 months to see if anything grows in your sputum culture. Results seem to be ready in around 3 months after your 2nd x-ray.

Karllouiec

Apr 17, 2021
Hello, I am in the same situation. The sputum tests is cleared and already submitted to CIC.
My question is, how long does it usually take for the passport request to be asked by IRCC?

Karllouiec

Apr 17, 2021
Hi any news on your medical?
Hello. Still no update. :oops::oops:
Its been more than 3 months already.. BTW, my medical was submitted to IRCC on Mar 15. Got cleared on May 7. My application is stucked now on Background Check. Still praying for the PPR..

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hello. Still no update. :oops::oops:
Its been more than 3 months already.. BTW, my medical was submitted to IRCC on Mar 15. Got cleared on May 7. My application is stucked now on Background Check. Still praying for the PPR..
Hope to get yours soon. I just did my second xray last week. By the way from which country are your applying and what noc?

Reactions: Danayamay

Raman137

Feb 17, 2021
Plz help me
Medical done - 7 nov 2020
Spot on lung but already got treatment in 2014
Sputum negative 17 feb 2021
Again bronchoscopy test on 20 feb 2021
Got negative reports for broncho on 20 April 2021 +repeated xray same day
Now today receive query for one more xray on 27 july 2021...

Why so many test????