+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE TRV - PHILIPPINES

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I just wanted to let you know that I was refused due to insufficient funds. :( Is it wise to reapply? :( It means I'm not going to celebrate Christmas with my husband for the 7th time
Im sorry to hear that, why doesn't he come to visit you? He has no barriers to going there and then you can celebrate Christmas together

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Im sorry to hear that, why doesn't he come to visit you? He has no barriers to going there and then you can celebrate Christmas together
He was just here last August til October. He can't afford to come home to me during December because it's the peak season for their work. He has his own business that's why. He had to be there to manage and supervise :(

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
He was just here last August til October. He can't afford to come home to me during December because it's the peak season for their work. He has his own business that's why. He had to be there to manage and supervise :(
Reality is the only option to spend this Christmas together is likely for him to come meet you. You should focus your energy and money into the spousal sponsorship package.

Unfortunately the way they see it is you will come to Canada and then file for a inbound sponsorship and not leave. It will be very difficult to convince them otherwise since this is the outcome many of your country folk have done and you will be judged by the actions of others even if thats not fair.

Reactions: Lovie_cat

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
I have provided documents that he'll be taking care of me while I was there and even included the concert we were supposed to attended to together. I'm not yet ready to move in with him though because I just got promoted. I am just thinking to reapply since the reason is just insufficient fund. Do you think is it wise to do that?

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Reality is the only option to spend this Christmas together is likely for him to come meet you. You should focus your energy and money into the spousal sponsorship package.

Unfortunately the way they see it is you will come to Canada and then file for a inbound sponsorship and not leave. It will be very difficult to convince them otherwise since this is the outcome many of your country folk have done and you will be judged by the actions of others even if thats not fair.

I know! That's why it's unfair! I even provided a bank statement from May til October plus bank certificate. I also included my husband's bank statement and business account statement.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I have provided documents that he'll be taking care of me while I was there and even included the concert we were supposed to attended to together. I'm not yet ready to move in with him though because I just got promoted. I am just thinking to reapply since the reason is just insufficient fund. Do you think is it wise to do that?
I would apply for the GMCS notes before I did anything in your situation to understand their exact thought processes.

Like I said above people have figured out how to create great visa applications and then with all this said "We decided we like Canada and will stay" because of this it is very difficult for a spouse of a Canadian, especially one living in Canada, to get a visa. This coming from someone who is married to a Ukrainian (I am Canadian). I did manage to get her a visa but mostly because I convinced them my ties to Ukraine are strong.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I know! That's why it's unfair! I even provided a bank statement from May til October plus bank certificate. I also included my husband's bank statement and business account statement.
Yes you can thank your country folk who lied and broke the terms of their visa for this situation. Money doesn't really matter here since he lives in Canada. It would be easy to use the money to just stay and live.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Yes you can thank your country folk who lied and broke the terms of their visa for this situation.
I had no problem with family ties or so cause I've provided them all of the work-related docs plus I just got a promotion. It was just the insufficient fund. I was planning to stay for 10 freaking days because that's all that left from my vacation leave. I had ticket also!

I've always say to this forum that it's better to be honest but I guess people were so selfish to overstay.

Jtpolzin

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I had no problem with family ties or so cause I've provided them all of the work-related docs plus I just got a promotion. It was just the insufficient fund. I was planning to stay for 10 freaking days because that's all that left from my vacation leave. I had ticket also!

I've always say to this forum that it's better to be honest but I guess people were so selfish to overstay.
Money was like a generic reason to really understand why you need GMCS notes ... I suspect they think (rightly or wrongly) you will stay and file in Canada for sponsorship.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Money was like a generic reason to really understand why you need GMCS notes ... I suspect they think (rightly or wrongly) you will stay and file in Canada for sponsorship.
I was just so pissed that they are unfair. I'm never gonna wanted to go to Canada anymore. I'll just ask my husband to move.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
I dont like to defend myself here but really I am not that desperate to go to Canada to live there. My husband and I are together for 7 years and not any chance that I had planned to go there. It's just that I wanted to spend Christmas with him and he always the one who goes here

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I just wanted to let you know that I was refused due to insufficient funds. :( Is it wise to reapply? :( It means I'm not going to celebrate Christmas with my husband for the 7th time
Sorry to hear that. Why insufficient funds? How much did you show?

BTW, if you really wish not to reapply anymore, you can try to get a refund on your plane ticket by showing the TRV refusal letter.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Why insufficient funds? How much did you show?

BTW, if you really wish not to reapply anymore, you can try to get a refund on your plane ticket by showing the TRV refusal letter.
Well I only have 116k in my bank. And it's my own money. I've included bank statements as well. But my husband will provide my accommodation. It will be a waste to reapply.