+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE TRV - PHILIPPINES

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
This is really frustrating. May I know how would it take to know the results?

Hi, processing time shows 14 days.

Goodluck :)
Thanks laineyq! Is it normal to get eligibility review ba? Hehe! Today is the 5th day and I should say that the process of my application is faster compared to the ones I've read.

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks laineyq! Is it normal to get eligibility review ba? Hehe! Today is the 5th day and I should say that the process of my application is faster compared to the ones I've read.

Not really sure about that, i can’t remember anymore haha
The processing time varies, few months ago i received my trv for only 8 days even if it says 11 days then. :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It's normal. As lainey told you, processing average is 14 days, only 1/3 of the expected time has passed, so just relax.

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
Hello everyone, i am from the Philippines and i am planning to visit my husband in canada who is a PR. We are already processing our spousal sponsorship application this month. My husband told me to apply for TRV once the application number of our spousal application is released. I have tried applying for TRV last May but sadly it was refused. My question is, is there an assurance that applying for spousal visa first would bring an approval for the TRV? We asked an immigration lawyer in canada and advised us to apply spousal visa first then TRV.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello everyone, i am from the Philippines and i am planning to visit my husband in canada who is a PR. We are already processing our spousal sponsorship application this month. My husband told me to apply for TRV once the application number of our spousal application is released. I have tried applying for TRV last May but sadly it was refused. My question is, is there an assurance that applying for spousal visa first would bring an approval for the TRV? We asked an immigration lawyer in canada and advised us to apply spousal visa first then TRV.
If you take the time to read this forum, spouses' TRVs are actually difficult to be approved at all, regardless of whether spousal sponsorship has been applied for.

Reactions: Lovie_cat

Elmay

Nov 11, 2017
If you take the time to read this forum, spouses' TRVs are actually difficult to be approved at all, regardless of whether spousal sponsorship has been applied for.
Yes i have read a lot of stories of spouses being rejected on a TRV. Anyways, we are more focused on the spousal visa application. I just want to know just for clarity purposes, do you have an idea on what to write in the IMM5532 (relationship information) On the employment history of husband Part A. What is the bestd date to put if he is still currently working in his company up to this day? Do i have to put an advanced date like for example FROM 2015-04 TO 2020-12? Or just put the same day wherein the day imm5532 form is also signed?

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Yes i have read a lot of stories of spouses being rejected on a TRV. Anyways, we are more focused on the spousal visa application. I just want to know just for clarity purposes, do you have an idea on what to write in the IMM5532 (relationship information) On the employment history of husband Part A. What is the bestd date to put if he is still currently working in his company up to this day? Do i have to put an advanced date like for example FROM 2015-04 TO 2020-12? Or just put the same day wherein the day imm5532 form is also signed?
Hello! They say it's difficult but if you'll provide strong documents that you're coming back despite of your spousal sponsorship application, it is possible. :)

I am still waiting for mine! I have a husband who's a PR as well.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
I just wanted to let you know that I was refused due to insufficient funds. :( Is it wise to reapply? :( It means I'm not going to celebrate Christmas with my husband for the 7th time