+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE TRV - PHILIPPINES

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Hi!

I need your suggestions everyone. Hope you can help me. I am planning to visit my husband next month to celebrat Christmas together. We were just got married recently and if ever, it will beour first Christmas together.

I've got a plane ticket which was a gift to us for our marriage. It was a gift from my Aunt. I have a job here and has a stable salary for someone who is working in a publishing. We haven't processed yet the spousal application as we're still finalizing it but it has no way I would overstay because I just got a 2 weeks leave.

Can you help me establish my documents pls? Thanks so much!

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Hi!

I need your suggestions everyone. Hope you can help me. I am planning to visit my husband next month to celebrat Christmas together. We were just got married recently and if ever, it will beour first Christmas together.

I've got a plane ticket which was a gift to us for our marriage. It was a gift from my Aunt. I have a job here and has a stable salary for someone who is working in a publishing. We haven't processed yet the spousal application as we're still finalizing it but it has no way I would overstay because I just got a 2 weeks leave.

As a matter of fact, I have seen many discouragements from people here. I know that they were just stating a fact but it's okay to be honest about your application, right?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi!

Well, the odds are against you but it's not impossible. You will never know until you try. It was a mistake to buy that plane ticket though but since you have it already, you might as well submit it.

You can try to explain that the plane ticket was a wedding gift, and briefly explain how long your relationship with your husband has been, how you met, where you were married, etc. It sounds to me like you met online since you say it will be your first Christmas together. Manila VO is sometimes sympathetic in these cases.

Do show as many employment documents and at least 4 months of statements, properties, assets (cars, land), etc. I advise to submit a COE with a detailed description of your tasks and corporate benefits, such as the leaves you are entitled to, and your approved leave. To be honest, I don't think the publishing industry in the Philippines pays enough to merit a sure approval of a TRV, plus your work can be done remotely/freelance.

Also include your husband's COE and bank statements, as well as proof of his status in Canada. Include a copy of your NSO marriage certificate.

If you are rejected, do not try again, just proceed with spousal sponsorship.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Well, the odds are against you but it's not impossible. You will never know until you try. It was a mistake to buy that plane ticket though but since you have it already, you might as well submit it.

You can try to explain that the plane ticket was a wedding gift, and briefly explain how long your relationship with your husband has been, how you met, where you were married, etc. It sounds to me like you met online since you say it will be your first Christmas together. Manila VO is sometimes sympathetic in these cases.

Do show as many employment documents and at least 4 months of statements, properties, assets (cars, land), etc. I advise to submit a COE with a detailed description of your tasks and corporate benefits, such as the leaves you are entitled to, and your approved leave. To be honest, I don't think the publishing industry in the Philippines pays enough to merit a sure approval of a TRV, plus your work can be done remotely/freelance.

Also include your husband's COE and bank statements, as well as proof of his status in Canada. Include a copy of your NSO marriage certificate.

No, I met him when he was still in tha Philippines. We've been together for 7 years but then they migrated to Canada that's why we never had a chance to celebrate together. I am a Department Admin that's why I need to be in the office physically.

I know it was a mistake but at that time, I am guessing, the ticket my Aunt got was on sale then she grabbed it.

I've read enough discouragements about people who have same cases as mine.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017

Also, we don't have our NSO/PSA Marriage Cert yet. What we have is a copy from LCR. It frustrates me really.

TEOLO29

Dec 4, 2016
Hello @mrsoftheph, I am Filipino working in Saudi Arabia and just recently my TRV was approved. My passport is in Riyadh now for visa stamping hopefully it will be returned within this week. I have my auntie who sponsored me. Below are the documents I prepare and upload it online. Just apply online as it will be convenient and processing time in Philippines I think less than 3weeks maximum.

-Invitation Letter from my Auntie
-her citizenship ID, drivers license and tax assessment
-my 3 months payslip and 3 months bank statement
-my COE
-Medical Travel Insurance
-Flight ticket reservation
-Previous copies of my Schengen Visa, Turkey Visa
-letter address to visa officer why I want to visit Canada

Submitting above docs doesn't give any assurance you will be approved but nothing will happen if you will not try.

Goodluck ate...

Reactions: Lovie_cat

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Hello @mrsoftheph, I am Filipino working in Saudi Arabia and just recently my TRV was approved. My passport is in Riyadh now for visa stamping hopefully it will be returned within this week. I have my auntie who sponsored me. Below are the documents I prepare and upload it online. Just apply online as it will be convenient and processing time in Philippines I think less than 3weeks maximum.

-Invitation Letter from my Auntie
-her citizenship ID, drivers license and tax assessment
-my 3 months payslip and 3 months bank statement
-my COE
-Medical Travel Insurance
-Flight ticket reservation
-Previous copies of my Schengen Visa, Turkey Visa
-letter address to visa officer why I want to visit Canada

Submitting above docs doesn't give any assurance you will be approved but nothing will happen if you will not try.

Goodluck ate...
Hi there TEOLO29! Yes! I've followed your story too. Congrats and please enjoy your stay in Canada. But my case was far from yours because I have a husband living in Canada. If you'll ask me why I haven't visitied him though we're already 7 years, it's because it just now that I am earning. I've been to some Southeast Asian countries but it not a stronghold compared to visa countries.

Well, I've risk many times for my husband. Why not risk this, too. :)

Congratulations again!

TEOLO29

Dec 4, 2016
Hello @mrsoftheph thank you so much...one of their requirements too is actually travel history. If I were you apply for Korea and Japan..its much easier compare to Schengen or UK.. then travel first at least you have additional points in your applications..

Yes, try to apply online its just 100Canadian Dollar...Try your luck too as long as you provide all relevant supporting docs.. and if u have japan/korean visa , it will help too.

Goodluck...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Also, we don't have our NSO/PSA Marriage Cert yet. What we have is a copy from LCR. It frustrates me really.
I see. Then it’s actually good you’ve known each other before he migrated. I suggest to give a brief history of your relationship with years to show how long you’ve known each other.
If you don’t have NSO yet go ahead and apply with LCR.
It’s not impossible, but you really have to fill in all the details about you and your husband for this application. It is possible to be approved if you work hard. Good luck.

@ TEOLO: I know you’re trying to help, but to be honest, your case and your profile are very very different from mrsoftheph’s, since spouses’ invitations are more difficult to be approved compared to blood relatives like aunts. I don’t agree on your suggestion to apply for visas to SoKor and Japan, it’s not necessary for her case, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lovie_cat

TEOLO29

Dec 4, 2016
Hi @bellaluna , thank you so much for your ideas. Indeed, it is very helpful for everyone who are in this forum regarding TRV. In your knowledge, since this is spouse invitation are you saying that travel history is not required? coz I have read that some are getting denied too even if spouse invitation and of the reasons are: no travel history. So I am thinking that since for Philippine passport, japan and korea are easy to get the visa, why not try to apply prior to applying for TRV.. well anyways, this are my thoughts only...

cheers.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
I see. Then it’s actually good you’ve known each other before he migrated. I suggest to give a brief history of your relationship with years to show how long you’ve known each other.
If you don’t have NSO yet go ahead and apply with LCR.
It’s not impossible, but you really have to fill in all the details about you and your husband for this application. It is possible to be approved if you work hard. Good luck.

@ TEOLO: I know you’re trying to help, but to be honest, your case and your profile are very very different from mrsoftheph’s, since spouses’ invitations are more difficult to be approved compared to blood relatives like aunts. I don’t agree on your suggestion to apply for visas to SoKor and Japan, it’s not necessary for her case, IMO.

Hi there bellaluna and TEOLO29, thank you for all your advices. You've been helpful. I shall update you on my application. I will pass it sometime this week.

Please enjoy your stay with your loved ones in Canada. I hope to spend Christmas with my husband also.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi @bellaluna , thank you so much for your ideas. Indeed, it is very helpful for everyone who are in this forum regarding TRV. In your knowledge, since this is spouse invitation are you saying that travel history is not required? coz I have read that some are getting denied too even if spouse invitation and of the reasons are: no travel history. So I am thinking that since for Philippine passport, japan and korea are easy to get the visa, why not try to apply prior to applying for TRV.. well anyways, this are my thoughts only...

cheers.
What I’m saying is, for HER case, travel history will not help as much.

mrsoftheph

Nov 4, 2017
Here is my timeline:

Nov 11- submission of application. Got 2 messages about confirmation of my application
Nov 12- Got a message about having an update on my application. It was just changed to in progress
Nov 13- Got a message about having an update again but not has changed.
Nov 15- Didnt receive an update but the eligibility section changed to we are reviewing if your eligibility.

This is really frustrating. May I know how would it take to know the results?

Thanks everyone!

laineyq

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
This is really frustrating. May I know how would it take to know the results?

Hi, processing time shows 14 days.

Goodluck :)