+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

TamanaG

Oct 18, 2018
hi , I have a question regarding spousal application. I have submitted my spousal application in August , I haven’t received any respond and I don’t have file number. I live in Ontario . What should I do , to get information about my application.

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
hi , I have a question regarding spousal application. I have submitted my spousal application in August , I haven’t received any respond and I don’t have file number. I live in Ontario . What should I do , to get information about my application.
You can call CiC number to enquire

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Call IRCC hotline or if you ever had a UCI from previous visitor records/visa, you can use that one and check your application via ECAS.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Minimum wait time for outland is 60 to 100 days and up

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Does that mean that if the application isn't returned in the first 60days , we should be expecting an acknowledgement??
No. It means that the minimum wait time for AOR is right now 60-100 days, or even longer.

There are no absolute dates when it comes to these applications.

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Does that mean that if the application isn't returned in the first 60days , we should be expecting an acknowledgement??
Our app 4 a minor mistake reached home within45 days. So answer can be YES it's in the system but don't expect an AOR sooner. Overall it should take a year as they say in MOST NOT all cases. :)

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Our app 4 a minor mistake reached home within45 days. So answer can be YES it's in the system but don't expect an AOR sooner. Overall it should take a year as they say in MOST NOT all cases. :)
Mind you they USE Canada POST and BY ROAD SERVICE to return a package, which easily takes 7 to 10 business days , may be more since SYDNEY is too far than MISSISSAUGA from where ours came back .. And I am confirming here they NEVER informed us by e-mail or anything, even if technology is so far advanced an e-mail was OK + wrong form could have been resent BUT POLICY is SEND the whole thing back, let the guy go back at the END of lineup:- delaying him another 3 months :(

Mr.Asiwaju

Oct 18, 2018

Thank you for the reply, yes we called IRCC , they said they are creating a profile and they will send acknowledgement as Soon as they are done.

Mr.Asiwaju

Oct 18, 2018

Thank you for the reply,
We did call IRCC and they said they are creating a profile and they gave us a temporary application number. I guess we are close to getting acknowledgement.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Hello friends,
Since this thread is for spouse sponsorship, I have few basic questions to start off with:
1. I plan to get married next year going to India and then file sponsorship for my spouse once I am back in Canada. Is registered marriage certificate enough or a proper wedding ceremony is a requirement for filing spouse sponsorship? I plan to do only register marriage therefore this is of concern to me.
2. Is this a paper based application or like EE everything is online?
3. Is there a list of documents readily available that needs to be submitted for spouse sponsorship? If not, someone who has already filed can share a list please?

Any help from people already doing this or having knowledge on spouse sponsorship would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
Hello friends,
Since this thread is for spouse sponsorship, I have few basic questions to start off with:
1. I plan to get married next year going to India and then file sponsorship for my spouse once I am back in Canada. Is registered marriage certificate enough or a proper wedding ceremony is a requirement for filing spouse sponsorship? I plan to do only register marriage therefore this is of concern to me.
2. Is this a paper based application or like EE everything is online?
3. Is there a list of documents readily available that needs to be submitted for spouse sponsorship? If not, someone who has already filed can share a list please?

Any help from people already doing this or having knowledge on spouse sponsorship would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Outland is not done online yet, all has to be a kit which U fill +spouse fill out and send.
By not doing ceremonies they go in high doubts. However as U said legally it is only REGD marriage is required and no law is asking us to go for ceremonies but sadly due to many fraud reports they are strict. Some had been successful with lot of proofs of relationships but it could have been painful, lengthy experience for them.
And u can download all the forms . Some info is here;-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sponsoring-a-spouse-outside-canada-sponsor-on-maternity-leave.229252/#post-3309456

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/sponsorship/outside-canada/how-do-i-sponsor-a-spouse-common-law-or-conjugal-partner-or-dependent-child-living-outside-of-canada/

Reactions: DiNaV