+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship-Waiting Period UK Office

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
Hi PMM, Mikeramma, all..

I have submitted my application to sponsor my wife since November 2006. I have received confirmation on January 4,2007 with a letter dated December 29,06 from CIC Mississauga that my application to sponsor her was approved. My wife is currently in London, UK.

It is now March 11,2007 or 98 days that have elapsed since the approval of my sponsorship application and my wife has NOT received any other correspondences as of yet from the London,UK office. Do you think its NORMAL? I have read on some sites that by now she should have received at least a letter from the UK office confirming receipt of her documents and that background checks are being done. Medical was already done and was provided since the beginning...

Please let me know if anyone would know whether this time that has gone by is just the normal time frame...

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

cmk2 said:
Hi PMM, Mikeramma, all..

I have submitted my application to sponsor my wife since November 2006. I have received confirmation on January 4,2007 with a letter dated December 29,06 from CIC Mississauga that my application to sponsor her was approved. My wife is currently in London, UK.

It is now March 11,2007 or 98 days that have elapsed since the approval of my sponsorship application and my wife has NOT received any other correspondences as of yet from the London,UK office. Do you think its NORMAL? I have read on some sites that by now she should have received at least a letter from the UK office confirming receipt of her documents and that background checks are being done. Medical was already done and was provided since the beginning...

Please let me know if anyone would know whether this time that has gone by is just the normal time frame...

Thanks
1. London takes between 3-7 months to process spousal applicants after they receive the application.
2. Not unusual to receive nothing from the CHC on spousal applicants, unless further docs are required. Sometimes the only thing received is a request for passports.

PMM

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
Hi PMM,

Coming to you again for some wisdom..I've heard that CHC will usuallly send back 2 PICTURES..do you know if its true,when does this takes place and what for?

Thanks again

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
hi

cmk2 said:
Hi PMM,

Coming to you again for some wisdom..I've heard that CHC will usuallly send back 2 PICTURES..do you know if its true,when does this takes place and what for?

Thanks again
The pictures are affixed to the COPR (PR visa) in the passport.

PMM

JANU

Mar 24, 2007
Hi PMM, I've one question to you. I mailed sponsorship application for my spouse in Mississauga, ON and I sent 9 (NINE) recent Passport size pictures? Is it alright? Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

JANU said:
Hi PMM, I've one question to you. I mailed sponsorship application for my spouse in Mississauga, ON and I sent 9 (NINE) recent Passport size pictures? Is it alright? Thanks.
Probably too many, I assume that was in addition to ones for the medical. Read the checklist for where the application is going to be processed, it varies between 6 & 8. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html#region

PMM

JANU

Mar 24, 2007
Thanks PMM for your quick reply. I've one more question I live in Montreal, QC, submitted sponsorship application for my spouse the question is I'm not working but not taking any social assistence from Government? Is there any problem will be occur on my sponsorship application? Please need advise. Thank you.

jfe

Apr 5, 2007
Hello everyone
I am currently awaiting my PPR letter for accra, but i currently live in London UK. When i originally applied, i said i will not be taking my family with me. If i get my canadian visa, land in canada (DV) and come back to the UK, will it still be possible to apply to the canadian UK mission immediately to take my family with me while i am a canadian PR in UK?
Pls your response will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jfe said:
Hello everyone
I am currently awaiting my PPR letter for accra, but i currently live in London UK. When i originally applied, i said i will not be taking my family with me. If i get my canadian visa, land in canada (DV) and come back to the UK, will it still be possible to apply to the canadian UK mission immediately to take my family with me while i am a canadian PR in UK?
Pls your response will be highly appreciated.
Many thanks
Nope, PRs have to be resident in Canada to sponsor.

PMM

jfe

Apr 5, 2007
PMM
Thanks for your response. What if i decide to take them on visiting visa with me and then apply for their sponsorship immediately from Ontario/Buffalo using the Feb 2005 cic regulation as regards unification of family members?
Pls advice

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jfe said:
PMM
Thanks for your response. What if i decide to take them on visiting visa with me and then apply for their sponsorship immediately from Ontario/Buffalo using the Feb 2005 cic regulation as regards unification of family members?
Pls advice
Unless they are visa exempt and are admitted to Canada, you have very little chance of getting a TRV for them it won't work.

PMM

jfe

Apr 5, 2007
Hi PMM
Sorry for my absence for a while now. I have been travelling. Based on your last responses i have dispatched the processing fee fees for my wife and three daughters, as well as my wifes landing fee marked for the receiver general for Canada. Our medicals were received in Accra back in January this year; Do you think its still ok when they get this draft or you think it might be late?
Your thoughts needed.
Cheers
jfe