+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Online 2021

stephaniekh

Aug 30, 2021
I did not physically sign any forms as his sponsor for the online app. Honestly, I think the online app is so new that they don't have a lot of guidance on it. I was making educated guesses on what he needed to do. It's also so new that no one has gotten approved yet so it's hard to know what's right. We submitted on 9/10 but the website still says 12 months for processing so I'm just hoping I did it correctly.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
Hi stephaniekh,

I'm about to submit my online application, but I'm having some questions about IMM1344 Application to sponsor form, which is the only form If I am correct that has a validate option.

How did you go about validating and signatures in this form? As in, did you use a digital signature and then validated the form or did you validate the form, print the form, get yours and your spouse's sign, scan it and upload it?

Any directions help! Thank you for your time!
I validated the forms but if you are doing the online application after validating it states if you are applying online you do not need to sign the sign the application form by hand, you would be asked to provide an el signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC
  • you don’t need to print them and sign by hand unless the form needs a third-party signature
    • sponsors and the person they’re sponsoring must both sign the
      • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
      • Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
      • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5532)
These forms must be printed and signed off by the sponsor and principal applicant since it needs a third-party signature.

mani10

May 27, 2018
Hello. In IMM 5669 (background) (this is the form we can fill out online in a browser) they ask about education. My university name, field of study name - they all exceed maximum amount of characters in the field. Do you know how to deal with it?
Hi, Sorry i haven't got to the point yet.. I will be submitting the profile this weekend and i will let you know if i have the same issue or how how im entering the name

Reactions: karandash

S15

Sep 11, 2021
H
I submitted my Spouse application today, I had the same doubt, called CIC, they said I would need to sign and get signed the applications, I asked the logic as I never signed online applications before, even for my EE Profil, they said it's my spouse's application also, and she doesn't have a history or no old applications, she would need to sign her part at-least... However I did all that, but still think that some maybe in online, if there isn't any sign, it might work yoo
Hi.. any update on ur application yet ?

MKT.K

Oct 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
I have a question.

I am currently filling out the documents on the PR portal to submit my family class(common-law) PR application online.
When you open IMM5406 and IMM5669 on the portal, at the top, it says
"Indicate whether you are filling out this form for:
( ) Yourself (the principal applicant)
( ) On behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older "

Which one should I check? I am very confused with this one...

I'm applying from inside of Canada with no dependent children.
My family(my parents and siblings) are not coming to Canada. if this info helps...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a question.

I am currently filling out the documents on the PR portal to submit my family class(common-law) PR application online.
When you open IMM5406 and IMM5669 on the portal, at the top, it says
"Indicate whether you are filling out this form for:
( ) Yourself (the principal applicant)
( ) On behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older "

Which one should I check? I am very confused with this one...

I'm applying from inside of Canada with no dependent children.
My family(my parents and siblings) are not coming to Canada. if this info helps...
Seems pretty obvious - for yourself.

Reactions: MKT.K

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi, I am almost done with filling and uploading documents for my wife's online outland sponsorship application.

How much do I need to pay the fee? It shows 500$. Is that correct and do we need to pay extra for sponsoring as well?