+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Online 2021

Sharmrad

Feb 24, 2021
Hi
I submitted my outland online application on set 19..did anyone receive AOR near to that period of time?

Sshah2906

Jan 4, 2022
Hello has anyone applied online for inland spousal sponsorship + OWP ? I dont see the option OWP in the online portal.

kk240391

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Hi.. I am applying for spousal sponsorship using online tool. There is no upload button for imm 0008, imm 5406 and I just have to enter the information. But the actual form requires the sponsor and/or applicant to sign. Do I need to upload it separately or just the entered information is enough?

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi
I submitted my outland online application on set 19..did anyone receive AOR near to that period of time?
If you keep an eye on the Tracking Tool for Sept the timelines will give you a good idea of the average time it takes for each step of the process. Currently 80% of Sept apps have received AORs but less than half of those are online. Online apps are lagging about a month behind so are taking closer to ~100 days currently.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hello has anyone applied online for inland spousal sponsorship + OWP ? I dont see the option OWP in the online portal.
The OWP are on the Tracking Tool you just need to scroll over to the right - they are a blue heading. They are only on Inland apps though so be sure you're looking at the right tab.

SLCtoYEG

Oct 1, 2021
Category........
FAM
Hi.. I am applying for spousal sponsorship using online tool. There is no upload button for imm 0008, imm 5406 and I just have to enter the information. But the actual form requires the sponsor and/or applicant to sign. Do I need to upload it separately or just the entered information is enough?
When applying online there will be a bunch of attestations you have to agree to saying that what you have provided is true, etc. One of those acknowledges those 2 docs and will act as your digital signature. You do not need to upload any docs you can fill out directly through the portal unless you have additional pages to add because there wasn't enough space in the webform.

Reactions: kk240391

vignesh20505

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
I applied online for my wife PR (outland) using online portal in Dec and got AOR 1 this month. How do I see the progress of the application. The online portal used to submit is still greyed out and cant click on view. Do I need to link the application to GC Key or the portal will give more information as it is available?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
I applied online for my wife PR (outland) using online portal in Dec and got AOR 1 this month. How do I see the progress of the application. The online portal used to submit is still greyed out and cant click on view. Do I need to link the application to GC Key or the portal will give more information as it is available?
Where you uploaded your application isn't where the tracker is (unfortunately - although that would've made more sense). You have to sign up for a tracker account here:
https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
I did not physically sign any forms as his sponsor for the online app. Honestly, I think the online app is so new that they don't have a lot of guidance on it. I was making educated guesses on what he needed to do. It's also so new that no one has gotten approved yet so it's hard to know what's right. We submitted on 9/10 but the website still says 12 months for processing so I'm just hoping I did it correctly.
What is the status of your file? Did they return your file to do hand written signatures?

Last edited:

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
Returned in December. Reapplied in Jan with hand signing the forms and we are now in progress, medical approved, waiting on aor2!
Previously, did you put esign (scanned sign by hand) directly on the pdf file and you got returned? I have question because, what I did is, first print out filled forms then I scanned all forms and then I put esign (scanned sign by hand) of my and my spouse directly on scanned forms. I am very frustrated regarding this sign guidelines. Still I don't have any response from IRCC. Applied on 14th april 2022.

Last edited:

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Previously, did you put esign (scanned sign by hand) directly on the pdf file and you got returned? I have question because, what I did is, first print out filled forms then I scanned all forms and then I put esign (scanned sign by hand) of my and my spouse directly on scanned forms. I am very frustrated regarding this sign guidelines. Still I don't have any response from IRCC. Applied on 14th april 2022.
I e-signed by hand and all went well. Everything is completed except for background and got pre-arrival letter.

kunjanpatel112

Jun 30, 2020
I e-signed by hand and all went well. Everything is completed except for background and got pre-arrival letter.
What you mean e-signed by hand? Did you sign by ink directly on forms and scan the form then upload the forms or you first sign by ink on any paper then scan the sign first and paste that scanned sign directly on the forms?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
What you mean e-signed by hand? Did you sign by ink directly on forms and scan the form then upload the forms or you first sign by ink on any paper then scan the sign first and paste that scanned sign directly on the forms?
I printed them out as PDF then signed using my tablet with its pen.