+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Online 2021

Brett77

Sep 30, 2021
  • you don’t need to print them and sign by hand unless the form needs a third-party signature
    • sponsors and the person they’re sponsoring must both sign the
      • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
      • Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
      • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5532)
These forms must be printed and signed off by the sponsor and principal applicant since it needs a third-party signature.
Hi, where did you find this? Thanks.

Americanteacher

Sep 13, 2021
Hi so i checked the new service from that portal,
  • Provincial nominee program (non-Express Entry)
  • Rural and northern immigration pilot
  • Agri-food pilot
  • Atlantic immigration program
  • Start-up visa
  • Self-employed people (federal and Quebec)
  • Quebec-selected skilled workers, entrepreneurs and investors
  • Sponsoring a spouse, partner, dependent child or other family
  • Adopting a child through the immigration process
  • Protected persons and convention refugees in Canada
  • Humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  • Temporary resident permit holders applying for permanent residence
  • Home Support Worker Pilot
So it did'nt mention about the express entry program so i guess US citizen cannot apply for PR looking at the above list.

Since you said your husband is living in Canada, if he is a PR then definitely he can sponsor you through this "Sponsoring a spouse, partner, dependent child or other family" and yes he can create a an online account "https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login" and submit the application online instead of paper application.

Thanks for the information. I am a little unsure of how to organize it all. I have a whole stack of papers and documentation printed out. How in the world do we submit all of it? One document at a time, I guess. It just seems overwhelming.

Americanteacher

Sep 13, 2021
  • you don’t need to print them and sign by hand unless the form needs a third-party signature
    • sponsors and the person they’re sponsoring must both sign the
      • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344)
      • Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283)
      • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation Form (IMM 5532)
These forms must be printed and signed off by the sponsor and principal applicant since it needs a third-party signature.
I haven't completed the IMM 1283....from looking it up online it looks like I don't need it because my Canadian husband is just sponsoring me (his wife). Does this sound correct? I really don't want to miss anything!

ukris19

Feb 6, 2019
Hi,

I am a PR residing in Canada. My wife is here with me on a visitor's visa.

I am working on submitting family sponsorship PR for my wife.

Can I use the new online portal to submit the PR? Who should create an account in that? It does not say anywhere.

Do I create an account or my wife?

Thanks

neil_user

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi,

I am a PR residing in Canada. My wife is here with me on a visitor's visa.

I am working on submitting family sponsorship PR for my wife.

Can I use the new online portal to submit the PR? Who should create an account in that? It does not say anywhere.

Do I create an account or my wife?

Thanks
Your wife can create the account as she is the PA.

asura22222

Jan 28, 2017
Hey folks,

Does anyone get updates after submitting their online application? I know this is new, so want to confirm it works as fast as normal paper application.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Hey folks,

Does anyone get updates after submitting their online application? I know this is new, so want to confirm it works as fast as normal paper application.
It's been nearly a month since I applied online. No updates so far. I believe it's not quicker than paper but at least it gives you a peace of mind knowing that they got it for sure.

Reactions: armoured

jobin_@123

Aug 10, 2019
I haven't completed the IMM 1283....from looking it up online it looks like I don't need it because my Canadian husband is just sponsoring me (his wife). Does this sound correct? I really don't want to miss anything!
I think IMM 1283 is not needed for sponsoring spouse with no kids.

Jan 31, 2020
Submitted on Sept 9.
No updates yet.
PR applying for outland Spouse.
Hi Sukh,
Just want to know if anyone received AOR after submitting "online" spousal sponsorship application ? I am starting with my application. I am PR residing in Canada and my wife lives in India
Thanks in advance!