+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
hi guys,
i have some questions about some things after landing in canada, now when i receive my visa and passport i am planning to go for 20 days to canada and then return back to saudi arabia to finalize many things and then return back to canada after 6 months permenantly.

my question is :

- can i apply for PR card and then leave canada and when they email the PR card to the address in canada i will tell my relative to send it by DHL to saudi arabia to be able to return back to with my PR Card.

- after landing in this 20 days can i apply for health card and SIN card and do the drive test G1 before receiving my PR Card ?

Thanks in advance ,
Hi JMZ, Why don't you finalize everything in KSA then travel to Canada ? Isn't it a better choice ? I think the visa time granted to land will be enough in order to finish what you have in Saudi Arabia & move afterwards permanently to Canada.

JMZ

Dec 25, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
File Transfer...
12-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
Still not yet
Hi JMZ, Why don't you finalize everything in KSA then travel to Canada ? Isn't it a better choice ? I think the visa time granted to land will be enough in order to finish what you have in Saudi Arabia & move afterwards permanently to Canada.

Hi Sbakhour, you are right so now it depends on the validity of the visa if they give it 6 months i will try to finalize everything and leave and if they give it 3 months i will go for 20 days then come back .

Reactions: sbakhour

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi Sbakhour, you are right so now it depends on the validity of the visa if they give it 6 months i will try to finalize everything and leave and if they give it 3 months i will go for 20 days then come back .
JMZ, I don't think the visa for landing will be less than 6 months. A friend of mine got her visa couple of month ago & it was valid for one year !!!

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
The visa validity depends from person to person. It will expire considering the expiry of your passport or your medical.
Whatever expires first, will have the validity of the visa till that date.
For example, medical expires on 4th November 2017 and passport expires on 4th November 2021, your visa will be valid till 4th November 2017. Means you have to travel before 4th November 2017.

I hope this helps :)

Reactions: marrianne730

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
The visa validity depends from person to person. It will expire considering the expiry of your passport or your medical.
Whatever expires first, will have the validity of the visa till that date.
For example, medical expires on 4th November 2017 and passport expires on 4th November 2021, your visa will be valid till 4th November 2017. Means you have to travel before 4th November 2017.

I hope this helps :)
it doesn't make sense, this is not a formal equation, what about the people who already had their medicals expired & they are still waiting for their decision to be made ? & what about the people having their medical expiring after two days and the next day they got PPR or DM then their visa will be valid for 1 day ? I don't think so, it varies between people but not like you mentioned relating this to medicals. I disagree.

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
If your medical is already expired and you have not been asked for a re-med, then that means your visa office has decided to extend your medicals.
Also if you get PPR a day or two before your medical expires, your visa office will give you an extended time to travel.
In both situations, your visa office will give you enough time to travel and this time cannot be determined by us but your visa office.
However, you do realize that the scenarios you have laid out are 1 / 100 lol.
I have given you the basic guidelines of how the dates are determined on when you can travel.
All this information that I am quoting is from other forum pages and experiences with past people including me.
I hope this information is helpful. Have a nice day :)

Reactions: sbakhour

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello !
I live in pakistan and I had my interview on dec, 2016 in new delhi but still background check is in process (nearly 8months) and same time medical has been expired. I don't know how longer will take this check ?? and i am also waiting to get new medical request or a letter confirming when i will get my visa. F anyone can help me pls. Tnx

How did your interview go ? Was the visa officer satisfied ? What is your visa office ? Maybe you should try contacting them or get your local MP involved. Also when did you apply ?

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
The eligibility was passed following the interview. Visa office is new delhi. i applied in 2016 April. I already involved MP but still background check is in process and i dont know how longer will take this further to receive my medical or visa. I hope you can help me in this regard.

Last edited:

JMZ

Dec 25, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
File Transfer...
12-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
Still not yet
If your medical is already expired and you have not been asked for a re-med, then that means your visa office has decided to extend your medicals.
Also if you get PPR a day or two before your medical expires, your visa office will give you an extended time to travel.
In both situations, your visa office will give you enough time to travel and this time cannot be determined by us but your visa office.
However, you do realize that the scenarios you have laid out are 1 / 100 lol.
I have given you the basic guidelines of how the dates are determined on when you can travel.
All this information that I am quoting is from other forum pages and experiences with past people including me.
I hope this information is helpful. Have a nice day :)
Thanks Haris,
yes my medical test expired 3 months ago and i hope they extended for 1 year this mean the validity for my visa will be 9 months to be landed in canada . i am worried that the validity will come less then 6 months .

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Finally ..............

We are pleased to inform you that your application is nearing finalization. Attached is a letter indicating the documents required to finalize your application. Please read the document carefully.

Please note that our photo specification and dimensions have changed. To minimize delay, please ensure that you are submitting correct photos. A link is included in your letter (page 2).

These documents/ information must be submitted within thirty (30) days from the date of this e-mail.

Wish you all the same :)

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Finally ..............

We are pleased to inform you that your application is nearing finalization. Attached is a letter indicating the documents required to finalize your application. Please read the document carefully.

Please note that our photo specification and dimensions have changed. To minimize delay, please ensure that you are submitting correct photos. A link is included in your letter (page 2).

These documents/ information must be submitted within thirty (30) days from the date of this e-mail.

Congraaaaaaaaaatulationnnnnnnnns Hasan2016 for your PPR!!!!
Finally bro after a long wait.....Alf Mabrouk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasan2016

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Finally ..............

That's great news................ Congratulations brother..
When did you see decision made on ECAS..?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Finally ..............

Congratulations