App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
SA : December 20th 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Do they ask for any documents or forms or pix to submit with the passport?
Asked me to submit passport, 2 pictures and Appendix A form.

Reactions: W.M

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
You cannot say that you have to e-mail CIC asking for updates !!! CIC stress out to not email or contact them until the processing times have passed. Afterwards, if there are no updates then there is a specific webform for each visa office where members can communicate with CIC to request some updates on their application, bear in mind that each case is different so you cannot generalize & recommend to members to contact CIC & ask for updates.
Maybe it was a coincidence that you received your PPR after submitting your documents, but this doesn't mean that because of your reminder CIC worked on it & sent you a PPR.

Hi. I think you misunderstood what I said. I said that I had provided voluntary documents and in the same email I asked for an update. And that's exactly what I recommended. To send in voluntary documents and then ask for an update. This MIGHT help. It was just a suggestion.I have been following the Pakistani Applicants at London Visa office forum very closely and lots of people did this and it worked so I don't think its just a coincidence. Plus, if you just send an email asking for status update, yes that's not what CIC recommends. But if you send a document that they have requested, or if you send voluntary additional documents, then it might help you. End of the day, CIC will not refuse your application if you send them an email for status update right ? LOL so what's the harm my friend :)
All the best and I pray everyone who has been waiting for a long time gets their PPR In sha Allah :)

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone,
Im having some trouble in understanding the status update through the linked application online. Any one can help me with that? Im sponsoring my husband and under the "where is the application?" It stays " we are processing your application", " reviewing if you meet the eligibility", "reviewing additional documents you submitted", and "background check in progress". So are they doing all of these things together?

Also, if anyone can give me an idea of the processing time. My husband lives in Saudi Arabia and his application is being processed in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks,
Samar

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Im still hoping it will come this week or else after eid for sure but that time it's almost 2months!
im having a problem with my company right now coz almost a month i was resigned,as the agent in the vfs told me it takes 2-3 wks only but until nothing,my company tells me that i should get my passport back for retrieval then exit in oman:(
Hello,
How long was your overall processing time? And where do you live?

Thanks,
Samar

seba2010

Jul 4, 2017
Hi guys!
ADVO requested for our passports early June and I submitted the passport on the 8th June 2017. Upto date, I have not heard from them. Anyone with the slightest idea of like how long it takes to get the Visa stamped and have the passports sent back to the sender. I work and reside in Dubai.

Thank you all and wish you the very best!

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Hey all...it seems that no one is adding their timelines to the ADVO spreadsheet which has been tracking progress since May 2012. Please take the time to add your timeline...it is the best way to keep track in ONE place what is happening with the ADVO but if people don't use it, it becomes useless and out of date. The spreadsheet administration has been passed on from one member to another on this forum (lastly to me). If someone else wants to administer it, I have no issues transferring it to you...but the most important thing is that it continues to be used.

If there are concerns about this, please voice them so that they can be addressed.

To add your timeline go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PblORrbClJ7xZ7enG5rFZZ7xqTz2N1ELLc2U4Cj7JY4/edit#gid=0

C.
Hello,
where did you live before going to Canada? and what is your nationality?

thanks for your help,
Samar

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Greetings to All!

I received email yesterday requesting my passport.

Here's my timeline:

App. sent : 11-30-2016
App recvd : 12-02-2016
Medical : 10-20-2016 upfront/passed
SA : 12-13-2016
Visa office : AD
BC : 05-24-2017
PPR : 05-28-2017
Hello,
I also applied to sponsor my husband in Nov, 2016. but we have not got anything yet. May I know where do you live and what is your country of citizenship?

Thanks,
Samar

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello everyone,
Im having some trouble in understanding the status update through the linked application online. Any one can help me with that? Im sponsoring my husband and under the "where is the application?" It stays " we are processing your application", " reviewing if you meet the eligibility", "reviewing additional documents you submitted", and "background check in progress". So are they doing all of these things together?

Also, if anyone can give me an idea of the processing time. My husband lives in Saudi Arabia and his application is being processed in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks,
Samar
Samar00 do you mean that you did not link your application to myCIC yet ? you are checking the ECAS only ? What is your country of Citizenship & what is your application timeline ?

harisyaqoob

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd December 2016
AOR Received.
9th December 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys!
ADVO requested for our passports early June and I submitted the passport on the 8th June 2017. Upto date, I have not heard from them. Anyone with the slightest idea of like how long it takes to get the Visa stamped and have the passports sent back to the sender. I work and reside in Dubai.

Thank you all and wish you the very best!
Hi. when i went to submit my passport for visa stamping, the guy working there told me nowadays visa stamping is taking exactly or close to 30 days due to the high volume. So expect to get it by 8th July.

Samar00

Jan 12, 2017
Samar00 do you mean that you did not link your application to myCIC yet ? you are checking the ECAS only ? What is your country of Citizenship & what is your application timeline ?
I have already linked the application to myCIC.

Application was submitted on Nov 24, 2016
Application recieved by Abudhabi visa office on Dec 13, 2016

Reactions: sbakhour

Shakira2207

Jul 5, 2017
Hi there, I am a Canadian Citizen currently living in Canada, I applied out land sponsorship for my husband on March 22,2017 in Mississauga office. My husband lives in Bahrain. They received our application, sent medical request for my hubby and approval letter to me in April stating that I eligible to sponsor my hubby and they will hold our application untill we provide Background declaration form (IMM5669) and they will request it within 5 business days. Untill now no request to upload it. Our application is stuck here and not moving to abu dhabi office for further processing. Please help me out what should i do now?
We were in the same situation. I as the sponsor received my sponsorship approval letter on June 7th by email. In that letter, it said that the principal applicant will received request for IMM5669 within 5 business days. We never received such an email. So I read through some forums and people were saying to upload the documents through IRCC's web form. When you get to the web form, follow the instructions and upload your documents, IMM5669 and your police certificates. Put the application type as sponsorship and on the message area, provide a brief description of the documents you are sending and put "URGENT" and also write down to upload these documents to your file. After you upload and send the enquiry, you should receive an email from them acknowledging that your email has been received. After that, wait about 2 weeks and then give them a call and ask them about the status and if they received the documents.

AWIIAK

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Well my wife is a citizen so she was living with me here in UAE. I ordered GCMS notes in May and in the officers' comments, i checked that they need to verify my wifes "intent to return to canada"
Then in the beginning of June, I sent LVO an email with additional pictures of us living together and proof of her return to Canada. 3 days later I got a response asking to submit Pakistani PCC. I got that done very quickly and uploaded it on myCIC and I also emailed them a copy. on 28th June I sent them another email and attached the PCC in the email as well. I also asked them to give me a status update as I had provided what they wanted off me. 2 days later i got PPR.

What I'd recommend is to email them additional voluntary documents of pictures / chats / ongoing communication and ask for a status update. This might speed up the process. It worked for me. El7'mdulillah.
Thanks Haris. My wife is a Canadian citizen too living here with me in Saudi Arabia. The problem is where to send email, we don't even know which visa office my file is transferred. I'm thinking to order GCMS, can you please guide me for that? One more thing, if we're using a representative in Canada then we can't communicate to CIC or visa offices ourself?

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Thanks Haris. My wife is a Canadian citizen too living here with me in Saudi Arabia. The problem is where to send email, we don't even know which visa office my file is transferred. I'm thinking to order GCMS, can you please guide me for that? One more thing, if we're using a representative in Canada then we can't communicate to CIC or visa offices ourself?
Just wanted to tell you that you still can communicate with the visa office yourself too but only you the main applicant and ur representative to ask for your file updates not your wife the sponsor
But you can not link your application online account only your representative can do that
The only way to link your application to online account and be able to see daily updates on ur file if u remove your representative
I have the same situation too

Reactions: AWIIAK

AWIIAK

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Just wanted to tell you that you still can communicate with the visa office yourself too but only you the main applicant and ur representative to ask for your file updates not your wife the sponsor
But you can not link your application online account only your representative can do that
The only way to link your application to online account and be able to see daily updates on ur file if u remove your representative
I have the same situation too
But which office that's the question because we haven't got any SA or notification which VO the file is transferred. But ironically we did got ADR in Feb.
Can we order GCMS ourself? Or that too should be requested by representative?