+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

phantom85

Jun 13, 2011
mohammedessam said:
By the way
anyone who is going to use the MyCIC, you will be asked the following question during the application search process

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application:

make sure to type 2 if you are only sponsoring your spouse otherwise the system won't be able to locate your application
if the sponsor is sponsoring (1) spouse, then the Number of family members including the primary applicant that are part of this application is =1
because the application is for the person to be sponsored. 2 means, 2 persons to be sponsored.

Mohamed, please clarify why 2? and what system that may not be able to locate the application?

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Guys i need help regarding photo specifications what exactly do i have to write at the back of the photo i am bit confused do i have to write my name adress and date of birth or should i ask the photographer to that for me plz tell me in detail thanks.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Chawais said:
Guys i need help regarding photo specifications what exactly do i have to write at the back of the photo i am bit confused do i have to write my name adress and date of birth or should i ask the photographer to that for me plz tell me in detail thanks.
Instructions are here...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

ONE photo must have 1) full name 2) date of birth 3) date photo taken, name and address of photo studio

I would put the name / date of birth on the other photo just in case they become separated by CIC.

Hope this helps!

C.

Chawais

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2016
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
File Transfer...
05-09-2016
Thanks and everything that you are telling it should be at the back of my photo ? And also doesn't matter if its hamd written or stamp for photo studio?

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
prais3jos3ph said:
Theres a Canadian Embassy here in Qatar. To quote the embassy's website : " Embassy of Canada in Qatar is now fully open to the general public but that does not provide visa and immigration service, which is provided by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E."

Now since that has been established, logically I should consider+/- the processing times mentioned for Qatar, which is 5 weeks. Considering the above statement from the embassy mentioning Abudhabi as my processing center, I'm a bit confused between the 5 and "27" weeks it takes for Qatar and Abudhabi respectively.

Anyways, as you've mentioned, I'll assume the +/- 5 weeks and maybe contact them to see whats what. I've asked my consultant(...and confused him too in the process ;)) and lets see what info he could dig up.

Will keep updating.

Cheers :)
I contacted the Visa Application Center here in Qatar and they're responsible for recieving all applications. They mentioned that once they recieve an application, its forwarded to Abudhabi,and, that it takes 27 weeks.
I did ask them about the 5 weeks that is mentioned for Qatar, and they dont seem to have a clue what it indicates.
Its a bit frustrating that theres no clarity on this

Any opinion guys?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Chawais said:
Thanks and everything that you are telling it should be at the back of my photo ? And also doesn't matter if its hamd written or stamp for photo studio?
yes. everything is on the BACK of the photo (take care not to press the pen too hard)

usually commercial photographers has two stamps

1) a stamp that contains the statement "I certify this to be a true likeness of <bland space>" and then a line for signature of a guarantor. This is required for passport photos but not for PR photos

2) a stamp that has the name / address of the studio and may also have blank lines for the date the photo was taken and signature (signature not necessary). This should be used for PR photos. I don't know if handwritten is fine. Has anyone encountered a commercial photographer / photo studio NOT having a name / address stamp?

C.

samarah

Jul 11, 2015
Hi All

I am new to this forum, I would really appreciate if anyone would be kind enough to assist me on few things.

A. How can u check status of your application after it has been forwarded to the visa office?

B. How can u order ecas? And is it the only method of keeping check as if what is happening to the application?

C. Once they send you the request for passport submission, how much time one has to get uae visa cancelled?

I have sponsored my husband, he is Pakistani, living in dxb since 4 yrs. the file was received on 22nd jan 2016.
Sent to LVO on 22 march.
Since then its in process and nothing new has come up. I am getting so worried now.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
samarah said:
Hi All

I am new to this forum, I would really appreciate if anyone would be kind enough to assist me on few things.

A. How can u check status of your application after it has been forwarded to the visa office?

B. How can u order ecas? And is it the only method of keeping check as if what is happening to the application?

C. Once they send you the request for passport submission, how much time one has to get uae visa cancelled?

I have sponsored my husband, he is Pakistani, living in dxb since 4 yrs. the file was received on 22nd jan 2016.
Sent to LVO on 22 march.
Since then its in process and nothing new has come up. I am getting so worried now.
A. The only real way to check the status of your application is to submit an ATIP request and request your case file notes in GCMS. This take 1 month to process. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp, other ways are through ECAS or myCIC (note that IRCC just implemented the ability to link your paper application to your myCIC account. Only Canadian PR or citizens can create a myCIC account (they will have to create a GCKEY account)) but ECAS and even myCIC won't tell you much (except my CIC does tell you the decision result once you reach that stage). If you VO processing time is exceeded, you can send an email request to your MP to look into your case but only after the processing time has been exceeded.

B. See above.

C. This question is a bit confusing. When you get your passport request, it generally takes up to 1 month (for Abu Dhabi VO) to process it and insert the visa and give COPR. When you get your COPR / Visa, it will tell you date that you have to land by. The landing deadline is dependent upon your medical results as they are generally good for 12 months only. Once you know your landing deadline, you can decide whether to go to Canada to land and then return to the UAE to sort our your affairs, or to move and land in Canada at the same time. Keep in mind that if you return to the UAE after landing, you will not be able to board an aircraft back to Canada without either a PR card or a Permanent Resident Travel Document if you would have normally required a visa to enter canada previously. If you didn't require visit visa before, you might be able to get an eTA. I'm a bit fuzzy on that one.

For a list of acronyms and GCMS note information, check out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qp2u3X_F10-peLhSZnPwBNAZivuICTZIA2eyB-tOerE/edit#gid=1257664451

Hope this helps!

C.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
I recieved remedical request today .I also recieved my notes just this week eligibility passed . Background and criminal not started . How long until there is PPR after remidical??

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
ohcanada15 said:
I recieved remedical request today .I also recieved my notes just this week eligibility passed . Background and criminal not started . How long until there is PPR after remidical??
I thought I saw another post in the forum of a similar situation and I think once the medical was received the PPR happened soon after (within a week). Either way it is good news. Have you created a mycic account to check? I imagine there is or will be positive decision made :)
C.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-08-2015

Qz
chilkootcee said:
I thought I saw another post in the forum of a similar situation and I think once the medical was received the PPR happened soon after (within a week). Either way it is good news. Have you created a mycic account to check? I imagine there is or will be positive decision made :)
C.

I have created mycic . Is not up to date. Is just Ecas with little more features. It's been 15month and counting . I hope we get a a good news very soon. Thanks chilkootcee .

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohcanada15 said:

At least ADVO brought some good news for you. It means they have woke up and hopefully we will be getting something from them. InshAllah.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
bublo ksa said:
At least ADVO brought some good news for you. It means they have woke up and hopefully we will be getting something from them. InshAllah.
We received request for PC in April and we sent it in May now we received a re-medical. We have some movement lately. I hope you also get a good news soon. It's not over until we receive PPR. Lets hang in there . and wait for the good news Insha Allah.

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.