+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

maverick27

Nov 24, 2013
zbaby said:
Hi,
no they haven't mention anything about visa expiry but i believe mine is going to expire in the last week of November as my medicals expiry date is 25Nov. that's why i am worried about timely delivery of passport.
my file is processed in London visa office, i haven't received any letter it was just an email saying submit your passport at your nearest VFS center. tey haven't asked about any pic as well.
i hope n pray it goes well.
Hi zbaby, Seniors,

I just wanted to check who gets the letter / email for PPR? My wife is my sponsor (citizen and living in canada) and we have taken help of a lawyer to process our application. Also, in our application, we have asked the cic to send all communication to our lawyer.

Thanks!

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kathkath said:
Hello everyone....finally after a long wait...got PPR yesterday and sent my passport today thru Aramex.... :D :D :D

Hello kathkath.... What about your Ecase showing now? Did it change to 'application received' then 'In process' and then 'DM' ?

Mine is still showing 'Application received' and 'medical results have been received'...
Waiting for Caips Notes after that i will have an idea whats going on my file :(

CanaSydian

Sep 9, 2015
mohammedessam said:
Hello and welcome to this forum
Unfortunately you can not choose which visa office your application is going to be processed at.
But it looks like most people who live or have residency in the GCC will get there application transferred to the ADVO except for Pakistani citizens where their applications are being processed by the London VO
Good luck
Thank you Mohammad..

I hope they'll transfer it to ADVO and not Lebanon.

I have another question:
In Question 10 : Country of Residence , I put "Saudi Arabia" , what should i put for "Status" ? From the drop down I have: "Permanent Resident" and "Foreign National".. which one should I put ?
The Saudi Iqama is not the same as Permanent Residency , is it ?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
CanaSydian said:
Hi all ,

I'm new to this forum, hoping I could get some help from your experiences, and share mine as I go through this process.

I'm in the process of completing a Sponsorship application for my wife, and I have a question :

My wife has a Syrian Passport, a residency (Iqama) in Saudi , and her parents are in Saudi. But she's currently studying in Lebanon.
I don't want the application to be to sent to the Canadian Embassy in Lebanon, but rather to ADVO.

Apparently, there was a question in IMM0008 that asks : which Immigration office do you want your application to be processed at (Question N. 04).
In the IMM0008 that i downloaded this question doesn't exist anymore :(

Is there any way for me to specify the VO I want our application to go to ? if not, are there any advices as to how to increase the chances of having it sent to AD and not Lebanon ?

Hi CanaSydian,

Actually, you can always request where your application gets sent to...they may not honour it. In our case, we put a letter requesting that our application be sent to ADVO for processing. Include the reasons why (i.e. no of years in UAE, residency no, time remaining on residency, passport expiry...etc). We included this letter in the Applicant section of the package we sent as well as in the Sponsor section (or right at the front).

Initially they sent my husband's application to Amman...but then I think once they actually opened the application and saw our request, they reconsidered. That...or they plan on processing a lot of refugees, etc in Amman.

Please note...you can ALWAYS request what you want. In any situation....you may not always get what you ask for...but if you don't ask, you will never receive.

Hopefully this helps.

C.

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
yr97 said:
Is your husband a PR or a citizen ?
Thanks and congratulations again !
Hi yr97 it is PR Thanks... :)

kathkath

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2015
AOR Received.
11-03-2015
File Transfer...
16-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
bublo ksa said:
Hello kathkath.... What about your Ecase showing now? Did it change to 'application received' then 'In process' and then 'DM' ?

Mine is still showing 'Application received' and 'medical results have been received'...
Waiting for Caips Notes after that i will have an idea whats going on my file :(
Hello bublo ksa,
My ecas is updated now to In Process only.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello Haldashti,

Would you please be able to add our timeline info to the ADVO spreadsheet?

USERNAME - chilkootcee
Visa Office - ADVO
Medicals Done - 27 Apr 2015
Application Sent - 30 May 2015
Date App CPC-M received as per tracking - 3 Jun 2015
Stage 1 AOR - 10 Jul 2015
Sponsorship Approval - 30 Jul 2015
Stage 2 - AOR from Visa Office
Medical Results Received update in ECAS - 3 Jun 2015
Additonal Documents Request (ADR) - none
ECAS Updated to "In Process" - 12 Aug 2015
ECAS Updated to "Decision Made" - none
Interview Requested - none
Passport Requested - none
Visa Received - none
Destination in Canada - Calgary
Landed - none

Thank you so much!

C.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Any Pak applicants living in UAE applied for spousal sponsorship ?? Where is your file being processed ?? ADVO OR LVO ??

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
kathkath said:
Hi Maverick27

Thank you:) Below is my timeline
App filed - Jan 7,2015
AOR received- March 11,2015
File transfer - March 16, 2015
Med - upfront
Interview-waived
PPR - September 7, 2015
Passport sent - September 8, 2015
Hello Kathkath

What is your nationality ?

Lamis

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-3-2015
File Transfer...
16-3-2015
Passport Req..
08-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-12-2015
CanaSydian said:
Thank you Mohammad..

I have another question:
In Question 10 : Country of Residence , I put "Saudi Arabia" , what should i put for "Status" ? From the drop down I have: "Permanent Resident" and "Foreign National".. which one should I put ?
I think iqama is the same as permenant residence . Thats what i put in my application.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
CanaSydian said:
Thank you Mohammad..

I have another question:
Well the iqama is a temporary residence visa so its not the same as a permanent residence but thats the only option available in the form so I choose that option.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
chilkootcee said:
Hello Haldashti,

Would you please be able to add our timeline info to the ADVO spreadsheet?

USERNAME - chilkootcee
Visa Office - ADVO
Medicals Done - 27 Apr 2015
Application Sent - 30 May 2015
Date App CPC-M received as per tracking - 3 Jun 2015
Stage 1 AOR - 10 Jul 2015
Sponsorship Approval - 30 Jul 2015
Stage 2 - AOR from Visa Office
Medical Results Received update in ECAS - 3 Jun 2015
Additonal Documents Request (ADR) - none
ECAS Updated to "In Process" - 12 Aug 2015
ECAS Updated to "Decision Made" - none
Interview Requested - none
Passport Requested - none
Visa Received - none
Destination in Canada - Calgary
Landed - none

Thank you so much!

C.
Hello chilkootcee,
Welcome back. Your timeline has been added. Good luck.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hey haldashti.

Can you also put Nationality Column in the spreadsheet please ? So that we may know what nationality's applications are being processed in ADVO. There are few pak nationals living in abu dhabi whose applications are sent to LVO.

So if you can put Nationality column. that may help alot of ppl too in knowing the timeline

THanks,
AL

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
ALM123 said:
Hey haldashti.

Can you also put Nationality Column in the spreadsheet please ? So that we may know what nationality's applications are being processed in ADVO. There are few pak nationals living in abu dhabi whose applications are sent to LVO.

So if you can put Nationality column. that may help alot of ppl too in knowing the timeline

THanks,
AL
Hello ALM123,
This idea/residency of the applicant was tabled before, not so many takers. However, different times now! Let's see how many more are interested. I believe the nationality and the country where the applicant resides have an impact. Might be helpful to know where applicants are residing to seek each others' help, i.e where to get police certificate, medicals, how long things take in particular countries.. Let the voting begin! New column for nationality Y/N, New column for country of residency Y/N

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
haldashti said:
Hello ALM123,
This idea/residency of the applicant was tabled before, not so many takers. However, different times now! Let's see how many more are interested. I believe the nationality and the country where the applicant resides have an impact. Might be helpful to know where applicants are residing to seek each others' help, i.e where to get police certificate, medicals, how long things take in particular countries.. Let the voting begin! New column for nationality Y/N, New column for country of residency Y/N
Agree. Yes. Nationality is helpful. Perhaps as well...resident or citizen as sponsor?