+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

Rabs84

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
CANCIT said:
Welcome to the forum FRV. Congratulations on ur wedding!

I can talk from my experience here. My wife is also a Pakistani and a Dubai resident (under her fathers visa). I also wanted to change her name, but I didn't because I was told it might delay the process as they will have to change name on all documents and then they check background info on the old name and I've heard its a whole process. So I left it for now and will worry about changing it once she is here. Here is a list of approved doctors that CIC recognizes.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medicalinfo.aspx?CountryID=2033&CountryName=United%20Arab%20Emirates

Hope all goes well! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Same confusion is wd me...m also pakistani n living in bahrain,my husband hv canada pr n going to apply for sponsorship.but if i change a ppt on my husband nsme than my bahrain resident permit ll b on old n cant live here wdout rp :(

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
hi

can sumone help me out with few questions

i want to file my wife's spouse visa. she is a dubai resident but pakistan's national. which visa office will process her file? she has yet not completed her 6months in dubai does that make any difference to our process? we got married in dubai 2 wks back and have our marriage certificate from dubai.
how should we proceed? medical is required now or laters? approx how much time will it take?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
FRV said:
hi

can sumone help me out with few questions

i want to file my wife's spouse visa. she is a dubai resident but pakistan's national. which visa office will process her file? she has yet not completed her 6months in dubai does that make any difference to our process? we got married in dubai 2 wks back and have our marriage certificate from dubai.
how should we proceed? medical is required now or laters? approx how much time will it take?
Hello FRV,

Since your wife is a resident of UAE - the file will move to Abu Dhabi for processing. The 6 months periods does not matter as long as you have a valid residency visa on your passport. Since you are newly married, they would want to see a lot of proof about your relationship. You may want to gather the following for your application

- Marriage Certificate (Translated by appointed personal if in Arabic )
- Wedding Invitation Cards and Greeting sent my relatives and family members
- Email Communication between you and your wife
- Call History via phone or skype
- Chat Log between you and your wife from facebook/skype/whatsapp/viber/bbm/
- Pictures ( Focus on group pictures with friends and family, wedding , engagement, reception etc etc
- Hotel Bookings Receipt if any where you stayed together
- Air Flight Tickets ( proof of travelling together ) and boarding passed, also including future booking plans
- Money Transfer Receipts ( showing proof of support )
- Joint Bank Accounts if any
- Gift Receipts purchased for each other
- Dates and Places visited together.

Gathering the documents for proof of relationship is highly critical. Your wife will also need to write in the application form a short essay about how you met leading upto how you got married ( best to be truthful ) . You may wish to hand in the medicals along with the application or wait for the Visa Office to request for it at a later stage.

The time line is variant depending on Immigration Officers, which pool your application goes into , how clear your proof of relationship is , all documents in order and also payments. Currently you are looking about a Year for Abu Dhabi, some applications are processed faster than others. You may get a better idea of time line, in the spread sheet provided in my signature.

Do let us know if you have any more questions.

loveu

Jun 29, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2010 canada for PR under live in caregiver program
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012 abu dhabi
AOR Received.
30-08-2013 from abu dhabi canadian immigration office
File Transfer...
18-01-2013 to abu dhabi
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
03-31-2015 LC1 PR(principal applicant)
Passport Req..
04-06-2015 PP sent April 13,2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-26-2015 passport sent by ADVO to fedex,Passport recieved from ADVO to philippines april 30,2015
LANDED..........
May 7,2015
enigma1998 said:
Thank you so much for answer

Does that means I can get my Visa?
[/quot

Your welcome,yes you will have your visa

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello FRV,

Since your wife is a resident of UAE - the file will move to Abu Dhabi for processing. The 6 months periods does not matter as long as you have a valid residency visa on your passport. Since you are newly married, they would want to see a lot of proof about your relationship. You may want to gather the following for your application

- Marriage Certificate (Translated by appointed personal if in Arabic )
- Email Communication between you and your wife
- Chat Log between you and your wife from facebook/skype/whatsapp/viber/bbm/
- Pictures ( Focus on group pictures with friends and family, wedding , engagement, reception etc etc
- Hotel Bookings Receipt if any
- Air Flight Tickets ( proof of travelling together ) also including future booking plans
- Money Transfer Receipts ( showing proof of support )
- Joint Bank Accounts if any
- Gift Receipts purchased for each other

Gathering the documents for proof of relationship is highly critical. Your wife will also need to write in the application form a short essay about how you met leading upto how you got married ( best to be truthful ) . You may wish to hand in the medicals along with the application or wait for the Visa Office to request for it at a later stage.

The time line is variant depending on Immigration Officers, which pool your application goes into , how clear your proof of relationship is , all documents in order and also payments. Currently you are looking about a Year for Abu Dhabi, some applications are processed faster than others. You may get a better idea of time line, in the spread sheet provided in my signature.

Do let us know if you have any more questions.

thanks loads for all this information. i checked ur time line its shows u did medical twice? how long it has been u have filed ur case?

enigma1998

Sep 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-22-2013
Doc's Request.
October-08-2013/ November-17-2014
File Transfer...
September-16-2013/ February-14-2015
Med's Done....
November-2014
Interview........
May/19/2015
Passport Req..
May/19/2015
VISA ISSUED...
May/19/2015
LANDED..........
May/24/2015
loveu said:
enigma1998 said:
Thank you so much for answer

Does that means I can get my Visa?
[/quot

Your welcome,yes you will have your visa
Yes in 25-02-2015 before they asked for RPRF, they asked me to send these things

Sir,

We are currently reviewing your application for permanent residence and need documents and / or following additional information:

- Recent Evidence (since October 2014) Contact your guarantor: internet messages, records of telephone calls, received money transfers etc ...

- Fill Appendix A (copy attached) again by updating your activities and addresses.

Thank you to send your documents by post to the following address:

Embassy

Visa Section

66 Avenue Mehdi Ben Barka, Rabat-Souissi

B.P. 2040 Rabat-Ryad

Morocco 10000

You now have the opportunity to respond to the request above. You must do this in writing 30 days from the date of this letter. If we do not receive communication from you, a decision on your request will be taken based on the information in your file. This could result in denial of your application for permanent residence.

Please accept our best regards,

On March 09- 2015 when they recieved what I sent them, on March 10- 2015 they sent me an email to pay RPRF

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
FRV said:
thanks loads for all this information. i checked ur time line its shows u did medical twice? how long it has been u have filed ur case?
We filed our Application on 28 Apr 2014 , belive the file was moved to ADVO End of Jun 2014.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Salaam Impresso,
Kindly change the date on my SA Approval to April, currently showing March. Thanks.

NoorNoor

Apr 12, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello NoorNoor

1) Some members application has been processed in 4-5 Months
2) Not sure if you can arrange a lawyer in Abu Dhabi to take a Canadian CIC case - You would need a lawyer who is based and acquainted with Canadian Immigration Law. You should def keep your MP in the loop for your application.

Hello Impresso,

Thank u so much i will ask my mp
my husband has an appointment with him tomorrow.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I'm a PR in Canada and applied for my wife's outland on March 19th, 2015.. So still waiting for the SA approval..
My wife lives in Doha under a family sponsored residence. Couple of questions..
1- Will she be asked to cancel her residency in Doha before she can be issued an immigrant visa ? Or this doesn't apply to her since it's family sponsorship ?
2- We didn't attach the residency questionnaire for "Abu dhabi residents" from the middle east specific instructions. Should we submit that to ADVO once I get her UCI or wait for them to ask for it ?
3- What's the current average processing time for ADVO ? Anyone here from Qatar applied before ?

Thanks a lot

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
Dear Seniors,

Please confirm if i choose right forms.

Me : Spouse
Sponsor : Wife Canadian Citizen
Out side Canada Application.
Living Both Together in UAE.

Forms for Sponsor
IMM1344E
IMM5409E
IMM5481E
IMM5491E
IMM5540E

Forms for me (Spouse)
IMM0008ENU_2D
IMM5490E
IMM5669E

Please confirm.

Best Regards,

Sarim

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got the AOR... Application was received March 19th, 2015.. Now waiting for the SA..

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yr97 said:
Guys, I'm a PR in Canada and applied for my wife's outland on March 19th, 2015.. So still waiting for the SA approval..
My wife lives in Doha under a family sponsored residence. Couple of questions..
1- Will she be asked to cancel her residency in Doha before she can be issued an immigrant visa ? Or this doesn't apply to her since it's family sponsorship ?
2- We didn't attach the residency questionnaire for "Abu dhabi residents" from the middle east specific instructions. Should we submit that to ADVO once I get her UCI or wait for them to ask for it ?
3- What's the current average processing time for ADVO ? Anyone here from Qatar applied before ?

Thanks a lot
Any clues guys ? ^

ohammam2

Feb 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
6-Sep-2015
File Transfer...
22-Feb-2015
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2015
yr97 said:
Any clues guys ? ^
My answers are my estimations, not absolute
1. I don't think so.
2. wait for them to ask, since you are not an abudhabi resident, I den't believe u hav to send it.
3. 13 months (best case scenario 6-8 months)