+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

tamyboy

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
CANCIT said:
Hey FRV,

So here is my timeline:

We got married in December 2013 and we sent in our application to the Mississauga office on March 15, 2014. It took us time to apply since we had to wait for our nikah papers to come through since we got married in Pakistan (Spouse is a resident of Dubai). We could've applied earlier but Pakistan messed up our marriage certificate and put the wrong wedding date. So that delayed it a month.

Our file transferred over to ADVO on April 22, 2014 and then we heard our first response from them on June 22, 2014 asking me to pay my RPRF and me and wife's communication for the last 6 months. Since June 22 of last year we haven't heard a response and we are reaching our 13 months next month so its pushing very close to the processing timeline. We still haven't heard anything in terms of our remedical since our expiring medical expired as well.

I actually went through an immigration consulting firm who did my brothers case as well a few years back, so he reviewed my file before sending it. I would advise as Impresso has mentioned send them as many pics with groups as you can, show telephone records and I even sent in my whatsapp logs as well as printed screen shots of my whatsapp conversation. I even sent in my Skype log and screenshots of me and my wife talking on Skype, its silly but they need to see that!
i applied a month before you did. And still waiting for ppr.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
FRV said:
Hi Impresso

I was just going through your spreadsheet and i came across that its been a year you have applied and still you have not got the visa. i have heard usually it takes 6-7 months. also can u pls share with me your case scenario? where does your spouse live in UAE?
any body you know here whose spouse is residing in Dubai? If yes can u pls share their time line?
i am in the process of form filling and will be applying for my wife residing in dubai in coming wks.
Hello FRV - sadly yes we still do not have our visa yet many members have gotten theirs under 10 months - but then again some members here who applied before me are still waiting. Hope we all get our Visa's soon so that we are reunited. It all depends on the pool and the Immigration officer your application gets assigned to. My wife lives in Sharjah.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
CANCIT said:
Hey FRV,

So here is my timeline:

We got married in December 2013 and we sent in our application to the Mississauga office on March 15, 2014. It took us time to apply since we had to wait for our nikah papers to come through since we got married in Pakistan (Spouse is a resident of Dubai). We could've applied earlier but Pakistan messed up our marriage certificate and put the wrong wedding date. So that delayed it a month.

Our file transferred over to ADVO on April 22, 2014 and then we heard our first response from them on June 22, 2014 asking me to pay my RPRF and me and wife's communication for the last 6 months. Since June 22 of last year we haven't heard a response and we are reaching our 13 months next month so its pushing very close to the processing timeline. We still haven't heard anything in terms of our remedical since our expiring medical expired as well.

I actually went through an immigration consulting firm who did my brothers case as well a few years back, so he reviewed my file before sending it. I would advise as Impresso has mentioned send them as many pics with groups as you can, show telephone records and I even sent in my whatsapp logs as well as printed screen shots of my whatsapp conversation. I even sent in my Skype log and screenshots of me and my wife talking on Skype, its silly but they need to see that!
Hello CANCIT - dont recall if I asked you this already, but were you able to gather GCSM notes to see what is going on with your application ? Its weird that they asked you RPRF already but haven't got back to you . Usually they ask for RPRF and Re-medical hand in hand before issuing visa.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Impresso said:
Hello yr97,

1) They do not usually ask but it depends on how she has her residency, if she has a work visa she may be asked, but if she is under her father's sponsorship then no.
2) I too did not attach the residency questionnaire and so far they haven't come back to me asking for it - but others members here have sent it along with the application
3) 13 Months as per CIC website - but some are getting it in 5 months some in 10 some over a year.
Thanks for you responses! That was helpful... She's under her fathers sponsorship.

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Impresso said:
Hello CANCIT - dont recall if I asked you this already, but were you able to gather GCSM notes to see what is going on with your application ? Its weird that they asked you RPRF already but haven't got back to you . Usually they ask for RPRF and Re-medical hand in hand before issuing visa.
Hey Impresso,

No not yet. But I have reached out to my representative and have asked him to reach out and find out my status on the file since its been over a year now and reaching processing time. I suspect that since me and my wife got married quickly after meeting so that's why there may be a delay to make sure it was genuine. Other than that our case is very is simple, ive always lived in Canada since and she was always in Dubai, I don't see any other reason...

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
CANCIT said:
Hey Impresso,

No not yet. But I have reached out to my representative and have asked him to reach out and find out my status on the file since its been over a year now and reaching processing time. I suspect that since me and my wife got married quickly after meeting so that's why there may be a delay to make sure it was genuine. Other than that our case is very is simple, ive always lived in Canada since and she was always in Dubai, I don't see any other reason...
Has your rep come back with anything yet ? If it is only email that is being used to reach ADVO - then we are in the same boat, as you know ADVO does not reply often to emails. I too met my wife quick and got married but we waited for a while to apply, to build and prove relationship , such as trips, visits, conversations. Although we have been family friends since childhood. Dont know if that is a reason why a case would be delayed. I am assuming the sheer load/volume of applications per assigned officer. Have you made trips back and forth to see your wife ?

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Impresso said:
Hello haldashti, Is it confirmed that the clinic you are going to does not have have e-medical and they do the traditional way? For e-medical they do not need the form upfront, only when you have finished they give you a tracking and you forward that to ADVO.

Also have you emailed ADVO and CIC about your missing IMM1017B ? This form usually has a IME Barcoard , or else I would send you my form .
Hi Impresso,
Thanks for the feedback. I believe it's eMedical since they told my wife they'll send the results electroniclly. 2 weeks for the results.. Is there any part of this whole process that's simple? Aside from paying the fees -:)

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
haldashti said:
Hi Impresso,
Thanks for the feedback. I believe it's eMedical since they told my wife they'll send the results electroniclly. 2 weeks for the results.. Is there any part of this whole process that's simple? Aside from paying the fees -:)
LOL - yeh it could get overwhelming at times - also keep a heads up if they ask for any more additional documents ( if they ask for any )

CANCIT

Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 15, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 22, 2014
AOR Received.
June 22, 2014
File Transfer...
April 22, 2014
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Impresso said:
Has your rep come back with anything yet ? If it is only email that is being used to reach ADVO - then we are in the same boat, as you know ADVO does not reply often to emails. I too met my wife quick and got married but we waited for a while to apply, to build and prove relationship , such as trips, visits, conversations. Although we have been family friends since childhood. Dont know if that is a reason why a case would be delayed. I am assuming the sheer load/volume of applications per assigned officer. Have you made trips back and forth to see your wife ?
Yea I actually emailed him today to find out if he did reach out or not. Oh so I can email them as well, I thought if we put a representative down for the correspondence only that person can reach out. Good to know maybe I might just tell him to hold off if he hasn't and I might just reach out instead.

Yea we didn't wait, I applied like 3 months after so we had wedding photos, plus us going on dinners and what not. I did actually visit her 2 times since, once in July 2014 and once in December 2014. The thing is when they sent me the ADR on June 22, 2014 , I hadn't left yet to meet her but I did attach my airline ticket to show that I am going to visit her, but since then they haven't asked for any communication so I haven't had the chance to send them additional communications, but if they do I have proof for 2 separate trips in which I went. But I hope you are right that its just volume and not anything else..

Btw, my wife lives in Sharjah too :D

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Impresso said:
Hello FRV - sadly yes we still do not have our visa yet many members have gotten theirs under 10 months - but then again some members here who applied before me are still waiting. Hope we all get our Visa's soon so that we are reunited. It all depends on the pool and the Immigration officer your application gets assigned to. My wife lives in Sharjah.

Thank u soo much for ur response and yes hope we all get it asap. my wife resides in Dubai and its been just 3 months she shifted thr n we got married there, do u think this short span of time will matter?? however our relation in 4years old and we have enough pix, chats n emails for our relationship evidence. also we have all receipts of wedding arrangements in Dubai. I was just wondering that its been just 3 months she got her dubai residency and she shifted there n we got married, hope thts not an issue.

you got married in dubai courts ?

FRV

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Impresso said:

Hey whts the full form of RPRF? When do we need to pay it? is it the application fees? i heard we should pay all the fees at the time of filing so can u guide me with RPRF you r talking about?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
CANCIT said:
Yea I actually emailed him today to find out if he did reach out or not. Oh so I can email them as well, I thought if we put a representative down for the correspondence only that person can reach out. Good to know maybe I might just tell him to hold off if he hasn't and I might just reach out instead.

Yea we didn't wait, I applied like 3 months after so we had wedding photos, plus us going on dinners and what not. I did actually visit her 2 times since, once in July 2014 and once in December 2014. The thing is when they sent me the ADR on June 22, 2014 , I hadn't left yet to meet her but I did attach my airline ticket to show that I am going to visit her, but since then they haven't asked for any communication so I haven't had the chance to send them additional communications, but if they do I have proof for 2 separate trips in which I went. But I hope you are right that its just volume and not anything else..

Btw, my wife lives in Sharjah too :D

Yes I have seen that if you should be able to reach out to them as well and also using Case Specific Enquiry. Initially I too didn't know that one could send in more proof of relationship later on as you build your marriage. So we thought of getting everything together and then sending it off. Check you inbox

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
FRV said:
Thank u soo much for ur response and yes hope we all get it asap. my wife resides in Dubai and its been just 3 months she shifted thr n we got married there, do u think this short span of time will matter?? however our relation in 4years old and we have enough pix, chats n emails for our relationship evidence. also we have all receipts of wedding arrangements in Dubai. I was just wondering that its been just 3 months she got her dubai residency and she shifted there n we got married, hope thts not an issue.

you got married in dubai courts ?
The duration of time shouldn't matter in dubai as long as she has a residency visa ( Sponsored or Working Class ) - it is a good thing that you have 4 years of proof, this will really help your application. Yes our Marriage Cert is from Dubai Courts.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
FRV said:
Hey whts the full form of RPRF? When do we need to pay it? is it the application fees? i heard we should pay all the fees at the time of filing so can u guide me with RPRF you r talking about?
RPRF - is Right of Permenant Residence Fees - You may pay it upfront and it is advisable. Some lawyers say to wait until they ask for it as these are non refundable. VO usually askes for RPRF when they are almost ready to issue the visa.

But paying it upfront does save some time.