+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

angelaehis

Jun 14, 2013
Hello everyone.

I just got update from ADVO on 07-10-2014. The following are the requested/additional documents from ADVO:

- Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in
Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide
copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs
and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

- Complete copies of all pages of all passports/travel documents held by your sponsor since the
submission of your sponsorship. Please ensure that you include copies of all pages (including blank
pages). All pages must be clearly legible.

- Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor for the
past 6 months

- Your original updated police certificate from United Arab Emirates.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request
otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application.

I did an upfront medicals.

mccague

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 30, 2015
File Transfer...
September 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
Hello fellow ADVO's (if that makes sense lol)
OK! So I am a Canadian citizen and about to sponsor my spouse from Saudi Arabia. He was born in Saudi Arabia but holds a Pakistani Passport. He is currently on a Work Residency Permit. Now I have a few questions regarding filling in the application. Oh and we have been married since January 3, 2013 and now I am expecting and delivering in November :)
Can someone help me out with these questions regarding the Spousal Sponsorship forms. You can also contact me at my private email address if you want to. My email address solely for the purpose of usage for this forum is canadianspouse@outlook.com [Bizzare! I know lol]. But please anyone in the same situation as me i.e., applicant from Saudi Arabia, or someone in general with lots of knowledge can help me out please! I would appreciate your efforts all my life

Sponsor Forms:
(IMM 1344E)- Q.3 Is there a co-signer on this application?
Now my sister and brother in law have sworn an affidavit that they will help me and my spouse to settle down during our first few months since I am unemployed at the moment due to pregnancy and probably be off work for sometime due to little baby. Do you think she would be a co-signer in this application? It says that it can only be your spouse or common-law partner, no clue how!)
(IMM 5540E) - Q.8 Have you ever resided in countries other than Canada? I have travelled a lot in the past few years but do they mean where I lived for 6 months or more? Or shall I mention if I visited somewhere for 2 to 3 months as well???
Q.7 Listing all employers - Now the place I have worked have different name on the Record of Employment for some reason. Shall I be putting in what the real name is or go with the record of employment letter.
Q.11 Are you currently living in Canada? Since when? I have lived in Canada since 2004 but recently I stayed with my husband from October 2013 to May 22nd, 2014. Shall I be putting in Residing since May 2014 or since 2004 (the day I first landed in Canada)?
(IMM 5481E) - Q.4 Your net personal Income for the 12 month period preceding the date of your application? - Now I have been unemployed since October 2012 and have been travelling back and forth to my husband, and now with the current pregnancy situation I cannot work. Shall I be putting in 0 or the one on my Notice of Assessment.
IMMIGRATION FORMS:
(IMM 0008E) - Q.7 Have you received your Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ)?
I just put Not Applicable???
Q.2 Nick Name bla bla - Now my husband's name is Osman and I have always been calling him Ozi with love or sometimes Osman. Shall I be obliged to mention that since I say Ozi in a lot of my text. Or shall I just tell with my proof of relationship only?
Q.10 Current country of residence - Now my husband was born in Saudi Arabia he had a Residency Permit (Iqama) and then he went abroad to England for education, stayed there for 6 years and renewed his Iqama every year under his father's sponsorship. Then he returned in 2011 and now his employer is his sponsor hence he is now on a Work Residency Permit. Now question is what about the dates I put it. Shall I just put it the day he was born till date or just put from 2011 till the expiry of hi Iqama in 2015.

Please please help me out. Also about PCC from Riyadh, does the VO request it after we submit the application package? We have done the medicals and gotten PCC from England as well. Just not sure about Riyadh.

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
angelaehis said:
Hello everyone.

I just got update from ADVO on 07-10-2014. The following are the requested/additional documents from ADVO:

- Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in
Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide
copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs
and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

- Complete copies of all pages of all passports/travel documents held by your sponsor since the
submission of your sponsorship. Please ensure that you include copies of all pages (including blank
pages). All pages must be clearly legible.

- Proof of communication (photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills), between you and your sponsor for the
past 6 months

- Your original updated police certificate from United Arab Emirates.

You must submit the document(s) and/or information within (45) days from the date of this request
otherwise it will cause delays in the processing or it could result in the refusal of your application.

I did an upfront medicals.
Its good news,that mean they start look at may applications
try to send all the document asap
good luck

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
mccague said:
OK! So I am a Canadian citizen and about to sponsor my spouse from Saudi Arabia. He was born in Saudi Arabia but holds a Pakistani Passport. He is currently on a Work Residency Permit. Now I have a few questions regarding filling in the application. Oh and we have been married since January 3, 2013 and now I am expecting and delivering in November :)
Can someone help me out with these questions regarding the Spousal Sponsorship forms. You can also contact me at my private email address if you want to. My email address solely for the purpose of usage for this forum is canadianspouse @ outlook.com [Bizzare! I know lol]. But please anyone in the same situation as me i.e., applicant from Saudi Arabia, or someone in general with lots of knowledge can help me out please! I would appreciate your efforts all my life

Sponsor Forms:
Now my sister and brother in law have sworn an affidavit that they will help me and my spouse to settle down during our first few months since I am unemployed at the moment due to pregnancy and probably be off work for sometime due to little baby. Do you think she would be a co-signer in this application? It says that it can only be your spouse or common-law partner, no clue how!)
(IMM 5540E) - Q.8 Have you ever resided in countries other than Canada? I have travelled a lot in the past few years but do they mean where I lived for 6 months or more? Or shall I mention if I visited somewhere for 2 to 3 months as well???
Q.7 Listing all employers - Now the place I have worked have different name on the Record of Employment for some reason. Shall I be putting in what the real name is or go with the record of employment letter.
?Q.11 Are you currently living in Canada Since when? I have lived in Canada since 2004 but recently I stayed with my husband from October 2013 to May 22nd, 2014. Shall I be putting in Residing since May 2014 or since 2004 (the day I first landed in Canada)?
(IMM 5481E) - Q.4 Your net personal Income for the 12 month period preceding the date of your application? - Now I have been unemployed since October 2012 and have been travelling back and forth to my husband, and now with the current pregnancy situation I cannot work. Shall I be putting in 0 or the one on my Notice of Assessment.
IMMIGRATION FORMS:
(IMM 0008E) - Q.7 Have you received your Certificat de Selection du Quebec (CSQ)?
Q.2 Nick Name bla bla - Now my husband's name is Osman and I have always been calling him Ozi with love or sometimes Osman. Shall I be obliged to mention that since I say Ozi in a lot of my text. Or shall I just tell with my proof of relationship only?
Q.10 Current country of residence - Now my husband was born in Saudi Arabia he had a Residency Permit (Iqama) and then he went abroad to England for education, stayed there for 6 years and renewed his Iqama every year under his father's sponsorship. Then he returned in 2011 and now his employer is his sponsor hence he is now on a Work Residency Permit. Now question is what about the dates I put it. Shall I just put it the day he was born till date or just put from 2011 till the expiry of hi Iqama in 2015.

Please please help me out. Also about PCC from Riyadh, does the VO request it after we submit the application package? We have done the medicals and gotten PCC from England as well. Just not sure about Riyadh.
Hey mccague,

i will try to tell what i know
FOR Q.8 Have you ever resided in countries other than Canada?
they mean any country u stayed in for 6 months or more so less than 6 months they consider it as a visit only
so don't mention any country u stayed in less than 6 months

Q.7 Listing all employers
put the name as the record of employment

FOR Q.11 Are you currently living in Canada Since when?
its better answer it since 2004 because u will mention later that u visit ur husband for few months so they will know u r mainly living in Canada

Q.2 Nick Name bla bla
nick name means any other name in any document or paper other than his original name
so they don't need to know which name u call ur husband with.

Q.10 Current country of residence
as far as i know current means the present , so if he is living now in saudi arabia just put that .

and for PCC maybe someone else whose sponsor from saudi arabia can help u,but i read in this forum some stories like u and they mention that Saudi PCC can not get without letter from the embassy but double check for that

finally i don't know why ur husband get his medicals from England if he is living now in Saudi Arabia if u can clarify that!!
i hope that can help u and maybe someone else has better info than me so make a double check for every thing.
Good luck

angelaehis

Jun 14, 2013
Thanks so much flower but how fast can i get sharjah police certificate report. I heard it can be done via online. Please if you have an idea, kindly update me.

Also I would appreciate if my status can be updated on the spreadsheet.

Wishing all of us quick reply from ADVO

Tulip flower

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
angelaehis said:
Thanks so much flower but how fast can i get sharjah police certificate report. I heard it can be done via online. Please if you have an idea, kindly update me.

Wishing all of us quick reply from ADVO
actually i have no idea about sharjah report hope someone else can help u with it
,FOR ur updates the member JenPin is the one who add us to the spread sheet

igay

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
angelaehis said:

Wishing all of us quick reply from

Hi,

Based on my experience i requested my Police Clearance in Dubai and Al Ain and have it in one week.

maverick27

Nov 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wanted some guidance regarding spouse sponsorship through Abu Dhabi Office.

Here is my situation: I am an Indian working in Kuwait. My fiance is a Permanent Resident in Canada and we would be getting married this December post which she would sponsor my PR. I figured out I will have to select Abu Dhabi office for processing my PR and wanted you all to guide me on the following:

1. What all documents should I keep in ready apart from Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Certificate, copies of all pages of all the passports, travel details of past 10 years, details of how we met, photographs, phone bills, gifts, honeymoon details etc.

2. Regarding Police Clearance Certificate - I am working in Kuwait for more than 6 months now, so i understand I will need a police clearance certificate of Kuwait. I wanted to know if I will require a PCC from India too? If I have to get PCC from India, how would I do that as I am residing here in Kuwait now.

3. Regarding travel details of past 10 years - Do I need to give all the travel details of past 10 years or only those where I have stayed more than 6 months?

4. I am a bit concerned regarding our photographs together. I met her in Nov 2012 when she had come down to India for a 2 weeks. Our relationship grew after than and she again came down in august 2013. We have some photographs from the second visit. Would they be enough?

5. Regarding phone bills - I hardly have any record as I have always used a prepaid connection and not post paid so I dont have any bills. But I do have email exchanges and whatsapp history. Will this work?

6. From your experience, what do I need to keep in mind apart from the above queries - like common mistakes that people do etc.

Apologies for so many questions and some of them seem to be silly but would appreciate if all you experts on the forum would guide me. Looking forward to a positive response.

Thanks a ton.

llij21

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-14
maverick27 said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wanted some guidance regarding spouse sponsorship through Abu Dhabi Office.

Here is my situation: I am an Indian working in Kuwait. My fiance is a Permanent Resident in Canada and we would be getting married this December post which she would sponsor my PR. I figured out I will have to select Abu Dhabi office for processing my PR and wanted you all to guide me on the following:

1. What all documents should I keep in ready apart from Police Clearance Certificate, Medical Certificate, copies of all pages of all the passports, travel details of past 10 years, details of how we met, photographs, phone bills, gifts, honeymoon details etc.

2. Regarding Police Clearance Certificate - I am working in Kuwait for more than 6 months now, so i understand I will need a police clearance certificate of Kuwait. I wanted to know if I will require a PCC from India too? If I have to get PCC from India, how would I do that as I am residing here in Kuwait now.

3. Regarding travel details of past 10 years - Do I need to give all the travel details of past 10 years or only those where I have stayed more than 6 months?

4. I am a bit concerned regarding our photographs together. I met her in Nov 2012 when she had come down to India for a 2 weeks. Our relationship grew after than and she again came down in august 2013. We have some photographs from the second visit. Would they be enough?

5. Regarding phone bills - I hardly have any record as I have always used a prepaid connection and not post paid so I dont have any bills. But I do have email exchanges and whatsapp history. Will this work?

6. From your experience, what do I need to keep in mind apart from the above queries - like common mistakes that people do etc.

Apologies for so many questions and some of them seem to be silly but would appreciate if all you experts on the forum would guide me. Looking forward to a positive response.

Thanks a ton.
I assume you'll be getting married first before you submit your application right? So here's my opinion on your queries:

1. If you're getting married before you apply for PR, then you have to submit your marriage certificate and it would help to provide photos of your wedding. There's a checklist on the application to help you gather all the documents.

2. Yes. You need a police certificate from the country where you reside for more than 6 mos. I dont know how the procedure to get the PCC in India if you're living abroad. But you may check at Indian Consulate in Kuwait for the requirements and procedure. and maybe some of our forum mates could help you with that.

3. Yes, make sure you dont leave any gap. Whether you're unemployed or studying, better to mention those.

4. i believe it should be enough. you could ask your fiance if she / he has kept the boarding pass when she / he visited you. It's not really how many photos you have presented but how convincing your proofs are.

5. We're the same. I'm using prepaid cards. Since my hubby has phone line, he's the one who submitted it along with emails from the first time we reconnected.

6. Just be honest will all your answers and you'll be fine. Just gather as much evidence as you could. If they ask for additional documents, you have to comply with it the soonest possible time. It's not easy to be on this waiting game.. You just have to be patient and always look at the positive side of it. All the wait will be worth it once you get your visa.

Wishing you all the best.:)

kmishal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
mccague said:
Can someone help me out with these questions regarding the Spousal Sponsorship forms. You can also contact me at my private email address if you want to. My email address solely for the purpose of usage for this forum is canadianspouse @ outlook.com [Bizzare! I know lol]. But please anyone in the same situation as me i.e., applicant from Saudi Arabia, or someone in general with lots of knowledge can help me out please! I would appreciate your efforts all my life

Sponsor Forms:
Q.11 Are you currently living in Canada? Since when? I have lived in Canada since 2004 but recently I stayed with my husband from October 2013 to May 22nd, 2014. Shall I be putting in Residing since May 2014 or since 2004 (the day I first landed in Canada)?
IMMIGRATION FORMS:

Hello mccague
In order to get the PCC you need to request from Abu Dhabi office to send you a request, usually takes 3 weeks (mine took 5 weeks), then your husband needs to get GRO to visit Taffic Police to issue you a PCC (if he can speaks Arabic then no need to get GRO, in my case I cannot speak Arabic)
I have copied text of an email which I sent to Abu Dhabi to give you some idea...

This is XXX XXX, I am from Pakistan and residing in Saudi Arabia as a permanent resident since last 6 years. My wife is going to sponsor me for Canadian immigration. I am required to submit a police certificate along with my application to visa office in Abu Dhabi as per the instruction guide, for that I need a request letter from you guys to obtain the police certificate. I would like you to please mail me a request letter so that I can proceed with my application. Please let me know if in case you would need more information.

My mailing address is

XXX XXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
Mobile: XXX XXXX

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
13 March 2015 (ALHUMDULILAH)
Hello every1 guyz a new dishearted awaiting member joined this forum to stay update with tha sponsorships of there husband/wife from abu dhabi ........... I hve been visiting this forum from last couple of days n found thz forum really helping and appreciating ......... every1 is paasing through same situation here ...... so finally decided to join u guyz to stay updated n share ma issues and story to tha people standing on tha same bridge of luck ....... I am a pakistani and was born here in abu dhabi got married in 2013 june ma wife is a canadian citizen n we submitted our case in januray 2014 got ADR in may and now its been 9 months but no reponse this year came to end now but still no signs ...... really stressed on thz concern ....... really feeling good joining u guyz it feels like a family member here ..... now can any1 brief me what is a sponsorship approval ? Answering ma question will really b appreciating ........... thanx in advance ......... and is there any1 similar to ma timline who's case subbmition is similar to mine ? Did they got any response from ADVO ? informing about this will really help me alot ...... ill stay intouch on this forum good luck every1 ! Cheers

nainanaina

Star Member
Aug 26, 2014
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07th JULY 2014
AOR Received.
09th JULY 2014
Med's Done....
10th MAY 2014
muhammad azaan said:
Hello every1 guyz a new dishearted awaiting member joined this forum to stay update with tha sponsorships of there husband/wife from abu dhabi ........... I hve been visiting this forum from last couple of days n found thz forum really helping and appreciating ......... every1 is paasing through same situation here ...... so finally decided to join u guyz to stay updated n share ma issues and story to tha people standing on tha same bridge of luck ....... I am a pakistani and was born here in abu dhabi got married in 2013 june ma wife is a canadian citizen n we submitted our case in januray 2014 got ADR in may and now its been 9 months but no reponse this year came to end now but still no signs ...... really stressed on thz concern ....... really feeling good joining u guyz it feels like a family member here ..... now can any1 brief me what is a sponsorship approval ? Answering ma question will really b appreciating ........... thanx in advance ......... and is there any1 similar to ma timline who's case subbmition is similar to mine ? Did they got any response from ADVO ? informing about this will really help me alot ...... ill stay intouch on this forum good luck every1 ! Cheers
WELCOME MUHAMMAD AZAAN TO THIS FORUM.
ALL WE ARE ON THE SAME BOAT WAIT WAIT AND WAIT, but u dont worry u will hear good news from ADVO soon In sha Allah for the PPR.
good luck.

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
muhammad azaan said:
got married in 2013 june ma wife is a canadian citizen n we submitted our case in januray 2014 got ADR in may and now its been 9 months but no reponse this year came to end now but still no signs ...... really stressed on thz concern .
It's a long journey ahead, Azaan. Keep all of your patience together.

muhammad azaan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu dhabi - Al Ain
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 january 2014
Doc's Request.
11 may 2014
Med's Request
11 november 2014
Med's Done....
24 november 2014
Passport Req..
5 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
16 February 2015
LANDED..........
13 March 2015 (ALHUMDULILAH)
Thanx alot nainanaina and amj ......... already have been waiting frm last 9 months still hve to wait man :'( anyhow no worries hope everythng is gonna be ok soon INSHALLAH ..... guyz wat is S.A ? Sponsorship approval ?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
muhammad azaan said:
Thanx alot nainanaina and amj ......... already have been waiting frm last 9 months still hve to wait man :'( anyhow no worries hope everythng is gonna be ok soon INSHALLAH ..... guyz wat is S.A ? Sponsorship approval ?
Hi Azaan,

Welcome to the forum!

SA is sponsorship approval wherein the Canadian PR or Canadian Sponsor is approved to sponsor the applicant. This is the first step of the PR process and after approval of the sponsor the file is transferred to the respective Visa Office abroad.