Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
JenPin said:
Not necessary everybody gets an ADR. If there is a need to see additional documents, they will request for it. I was asked to submit the following documents:

- Proof that your Permanent Resident sponsor is currently residing in Canada and has been residing in Canada since the sponsorship was submitted. If your sponsor is currently residing in Canada, please provide copies of Canadian tax documents (Notice of Assessment (NOA), T1 and T4); three (3) recent pay stubs and any other document which proves that your sponsor is living in Canada.

- Complete copies of all pages of all passports/travel documents held by your sponsor since 2010. Please ensure that you include copies of all pages (including blank pages). All pages must be clearly legible.
I see - thank you for sharing the info. My thoughts were the same and I am expecting them to ask me - Proof of Sponsor residing in Canada. We have already given our passport copies with all pages (including blank pages )

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Wanted to share a small story with everyone.

A couple that we know applied for out-land sponsorship, but later on the Sponsor decided to leave Canada and stay with the spouse, thinking that they could spend time together while the application is being processed. The VO requested for Additional Documents and one of which was to prove that the sponsor resided in Canada :eek:

They (from what I know) decided to withdraw the application as they knew that, they couldn't provided evidence and a lot of questions would be asked if they moved with it. The Sponsor returned back to Canada and had to reapply - the application is now in progress.

To be honest there was a time when I thought the same and wanted to leave, while the application is being processed, but I realized that CIC has become very strict with PR and Sponsorship and I did not want to face all the Challenges - We just have to be patient , so Hang in there everyone and God Willing we will all be enjoying our times with our spouses .. :D

mech1090

Mar 25, 2014
HI IMPRESSO, I WAS JUST LOOKING AT YOUR TIMELINE AND THOUGHT THAT MAY BE YOU CAN LET ME KNOW, IN FACT TODAY IS 59 DAY CIC GOT MY SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION AND ON THERE WEBSITE PROCESSING TIME IS 55 DAYS, BUT STILL I DID NOT GET ANY EMAIL OR LETTER FOR MY APPLICATION AND SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL, I MEAN ITS 5 DAYS ABOVE THE TIME THEY SAID. IS IT NORMAL. HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GET FIRST EMAIL OR LETTER FROM CIC.

THANKS INDEED

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mech1090 said:
HI IMPRESSO, I WAS JUST LOOKING AT YOUR TIMELINE AND THOUGHT THAT MAY BE YOU CAN LET ME KNOW, IN FACT TODAY IS 59 DAY CIC GOT MY SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION AND ON THERE WEBSITE PROCESSING TIME IS 55 DAYS, BUT STILL I DID NOT GET ANY EMAIL OR LETTER FOR MY APPLICATION AND SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL, I MEAN ITS 5 DAYS ABOVE THE TIME THEY SAID. IS IT NORMAL. HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR YOU TO GET FIRST EMAIL OR LETTER FROM CIC.

THANKS INDEED
Hello mech1090

It took some time for me as well to get my first correspondence from CIC. About 51 days for an AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) and 56 days for my SA (Sponsorship Approval) . I have also heard that CIC is taking a bit longer to process initial applications and usually there is a slight delay in their correspondence. I wouldn't worry too much about it and just give it a few more days. Do let us know your updates - All the best

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mech1090 said:

THANKS INDEED
I was looking around the forum to find any cases where CIC hasn't responded within the given time frame - and surprisingly there were a few. You mentioned that it is over 5 days . I would give them a few more days and then I would give CIC a Call and see what is going on. The next step from there would be to contact the local MP and ask them to followup on your case, since they have exceeded the normal wait time.

Here is a thread you could follow where a member has been waiting 3 months to hear from them --> http://tinyurl.com/pt85tgq

mech1090

Mar 25, 2014
Hi Impresso, really thanks for the info. indeed i just called to CIC and they said that they sent one email on 7th July (which i never got) for receipt of application and i checked online its also written one line that we received your application on May 21. but today is 59 day and CIC is saying they take only 55 days to process. so just want to ask is it normal that CIC take 10 to 15 days more for sponsor approval.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mech1090 said:
Hi Impresso, really thanks for the info. indeed i just called to CIC and they said that they sent one email on 7th July (which i never got) for receipt of application and i checked online its also written one line that we received your application on May 21. but today is 59 day and CIC is saying they take only 55 days to process. so just want to ask is it normal that CIC take 10 to 15 days more for sponsor approval.
Hello Mech1090, Thats good news that they did send you an email on 7th July. ECAS takes some time to update the information online, but from what I understand Step 1 Processing time is including Sponsorship Approval and your first AOR. Therefore 55 days should be the time take for them to process Sponsorship Approval. ZZW is another member on this thread whose SA approval was in 63 days.

Would CIC be able to resend the email or have they posted anything via mail ? Just curious if you also checked your Junk Email - just in case.

mech1090

Mar 25, 2014
hi impressi, thanks for reply, indeed I asked CIC to send another email but they said it cannot be, I checked in Junk but nothing there also, hopefully will get the next one, did u receive email or letter from post for AOR and Approval

thanks once again for info

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
Impresso said:
Interesting thought ZZW - probably yes :p

Your timeline is very close to ours - hope that all goes well soon !!
Yeah...hopefully soon!
Goodluck!!!!

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
mech1090 said:
hi impressi, thanks for reply, indeed I asked CIC to send another email but they said it cannot be, I checked in Junk but nothing there also, hopefully will get the next one, did u receive email or letter from post for AOR and Approval

thanks once again for info
We received an email from CIC, for both AOR and SA - I have heard many incidents where CIC claim to send the email but the applicants/sponsor never got any email - which in turn causes delay.

Not sure what goes on in there but I hope we do not fall into that trap - Let us know when you get your Approval.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I def think ZZW is also right about processing being slow in ADVO , due to Ramadan - From what I know in UAE, most offices close by 2pm during Ramadan, so basically half day work day !

emanandanna

Jul 17, 2014
Hi

I'm applying for family sponsorship through the Abu Dhabi office (we live in Saudi Arabia) and I have a few questions:

1- Applicant's birth certificate is required. Will a notarized photocopy suffice?

2- How do we go about obtaining the Police Clearance? Does the embassy in Abu Dhabi send us a request first? at what stage? Do I need to include it in the initial stage of the application?

Thanks

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Impresso said:
I def think ZZW is also right about processing being slow in ADVO , due to Ramadan - From what I know in UAE, most offices close by 2pm during Ramadan, so basically half day work day !
According to the ADVO website, they work 6 hours a day irrespective of it being Ramadan.

Let's just hope that they are working on the applications and we all get to hear from them real soon!!

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
JenPin said:
According to the ADVO website, they work 6 hours a day irrespective of it being Ramadan.

Let's just hope that they are working on the applications and we all get to hear from them real soon!!
Oh! yesss lets hope that we all hear from them soon.