Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
emanandanna said:
Hi

I'm applying for family sponsorship through the Abu Dhabi office (we live in Saudi Arabia) and I have a few questions:

1- Applicant's birth certificate is required. Will a notarized photocopy suffice? Yes a notarized copy should be good.

2- How do we go about obtaining the Police Clearance? Does the embassy in Abu Dhabi send us a request first? at what stage? Do I need to include it in the initial stage of the application? I believe for Saudi Arabia, you need to be a resident to request for a Police Clearance. It is advisable however to check with other applicants from KSA. The checklist mentions to include the Police Clearance so it is advisable to include it with your application. If it is not possible to do so, you may write a letter explaining why you are not including a Police Clearance and submit the application.

Hope others on the forum can share their feedback too.

Thanks

emanandanna

Jul 17, 2014
Thanks JenPin.

I've searched the forum for an answer on this, but haven't found anything relevant.

I do know where to go for a police clearance here; however, I am wondering if the Abu Dhabi office sends me a request or not. If not, I will just go ahead and get the clearance. May I ask what you did in your case (if you are applying through Abu Dhabi)?

Thanks

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
emanandanna said:
Thanks JenPin.

I've searched the forum for an answer on this, but haven't found anything relevant.

I do know where to go for a police clearance here; however, I am wondering if the Abu Dhabi office sends me a request or not. If not, I will just go ahead and get the clearance. May I ask what you did in your case (if you are applying through Abu Dhabi)?

Thanks
Hello emanandanna,

My spouse is a resident of UAE and she had to get a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate), through the Dubai/Sharjah Police Office ( Translated in English ) - We handed the PCC along with all the documents in our first submission to CIC. Believe its a part of your document check list to hand in PCC, of places you have lived over 6 months in the last 10 years.

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
emanandanna said:
Thanks JenPin.

Thanks
Just check with the authorities as I believe I read somewhere that they need a letter from CIC to issue a clearance in KSA.

I am a resident of UAE and I sent the clearance along with my application. You can apply for a clearance from UAE upfront.

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
emanandanna said:
Thanks JenPin.

Thanks

Jenpin is right. You cannot apply for a police certificate without a request letter from the Canadian embassy in Riyadh so you have to send the applicatiom without it. The ADVO will provide you with the request letter as part of the additional document request. This is what happened in our case

llij21

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2014
Doc's Request.
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014 (sponsorship approval)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-11-14
Hi everyone! Just a quick question, how long till you get sponsor's approval from the VO in ontario? We submitted our application last May 22, 2014, however, up to date, we have not heard anything from them :'(

mech1090

Mar 25, 2014
emanandanna said:
Thanks JenPin.

Thanks
Hello emanandanna,
I did PCC upfront for my spouse in SAUDI ARABIA, you have to send an email to
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
asking for PCC with details like DOB,First Name, Last name, and complete mailing address, they will send you the form in 4 weeks time, then you have to take it to the Riyad to ministry of foreign affairs for attestation and then Police station for finger prints, once you complete all this, they will issue in 3 days time.

sunflower2014

Jul 21, 2014
hi llij21

processing time from receipt of application is 55 days. cic received ours on 17 April 2014 and got the approval last 16 June. you will get yours soon :)

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
HI ALL!!!

WE GOT THE STAMP!

just a refresher (we applied March 2013 and Got the PR stamp in the passport July 2014)

with lots of correspondence in between.

BACK TO THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE!!!

GOOD luck to all of you!

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
CanadianinDubai said:
HI ALL!!!

WE GOT THE STAMP!

just a refresher (we applied March 2013 and Got the PR stamp in the passport July 2014)

GOOD luck to all of you!
Great News! Good luck to you both

emanandanna

Jul 17, 2014
ASBA said:
Jenpin is right. You cannot apply for a police certificate without a request letter from the Canadian embassy in Riyadh so you have to send the applicatiom without it. The ADVO will provide you with the request letter as part of the additional document request. This is what happened in our case
Thanks JenPin.

ASBA, just as I had suspected. I've emailed Abu Dhabi, now waiting for a response.

mech1090 said:
Hello emanandanna,
I did PCC upfront for my spouse in SAUDI ARABIA, you have to send an email to
abu-dhabi-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
asking for PCC with details like DOB,First Name, Last name, and complete mailing address, they will send you the form in 4 weeks time, then you have to take it to the Riyad to ministry of foreign affairs for attestation and then Police station for finger prints, once you complete all this, they will issue in 3 days time.
Great help, mech1090. Thank you!

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
HI ALL!!!

WE GOT THE STAMP!

GOOD luck to all of you!
Congratulations and all the very best for the future!

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
This is great news, congratulations!!

CanadianinDubai said:
HI ALL!!!

WE GOT THE STAMP!

GOOD luck to all of you!

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Here's a link where I posted my experience of putting the documents together.

It's a little lengthy and gets boring a little, but I hope it helps anyone applying from Saudi Arabia.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/experience-of-applying-from-saudi-arabia-t182003.0.html;msg2847089#msg2847089

emanandanna said:
Thanks JenPin.

ASBA, just as I had suspected. I've emailed Abu Dhabi, now waiting for a response.

Great help, mech1090. Thank you!