Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ravi.nitya said:
\\\

just a question here, did you send your medicals and police certificates also in the first go?? Iam applying for my husband and am quite confused about this.
Yes we got our medicals and police certificates in the first go ( just to be on the safe side ) . But I also know that the medicals are only valid for 1 year and some police clearance are valid for 3 months or 6 months. Depending on when the Visa Office processes a file , they may ask to re-do the medicals. This is usually towards the end of the processing time. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
safa.umair said:
Does anyone know how you can contact a VO?
Most of the VO is listed on the CIC Website, just have to dig in a little. I hope this url helps http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/vac.asp

Another Note - If Abu Dhabi is the VO you are looking for, they do not reply to emails or phone calls, unless the processing time has passed over 15 months. This is generally what I have heard from people. You are better off getting the Case Notes for your application. Hope this helps.

ravi.nitya

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Dubai,UAE
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
22-06-2009
Med's Request
21-07-2010
Med's Done....
03-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-05-2011 Passport submt:19- 05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2011
LANDED..........
15-07-2011
Impresso said:
Yes we got our medicals and police certificates in the first go ( just to be on the safe side ) . But I also know that the medicals are only valid for 1 year and some police clearance are valid for 3 months or 6 months. Depending on when the Visa Office processes a file , they may ask to re-do the medicals. This is usually towards the end of the processing time. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks
Any idea if we can submit the medicals later and send the other documents first?

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ravi.nitya said:
Any idea if we can submit the medicals later and send the other documents first?
Yes you can choose to do the medicals anytime. You could do it a couple of months after you submitted your application, or you can even wait for the Visa office to send you a request to do the medicals.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
anxiouswife said:
Yes you can choose to do the medicals anytime. You could do it a couple of months after you submitted your application, or you can even wait for the Visa office to send you a request to do the medicals.

Dear All,

Please note that Medical should be submitted with the initial package you are applying for spouse visa which requires medical upfront or else documents will be send back to you.

Check initial threads of august 2013 applicant whos application were sent back.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
aism.abbas said:
Dear All,

Please note that Medical should be submitted with the initial package you are applying for spouse visa which requires medical upfront or else documents will be send back to you.

Check initial threads of august 2013 applicant whos application were sent back.
OH Really because according to JenPin's spreadsheet so many people did their medicals after submitting the application. Even when I submitted in October last year, the instructions said you can do medicals later or before submitting. I did it before so I submitted it with my application. But I think there are some who do it later and their application doesn't get returned.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ravi.nitya said:
I believe as a part of the Document Checklist - it mentions to provide medical check along with your application as a part of complete application. I wouldn't see the harm of sending all our document right up front rather than waiting. Its always best to check the recent Document Checklist and make sure you are very accurate in your information and submission.

Any reason why would want to do it later ?

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Impresso said:
I believe as a part of the Document Checklist - it mentions to provide medical check along with your application as a part of complete application. I wouldn't see the harm of sending all our document right up front rather than waiting. Its always best to check the recent Document Checklist and make sure you are very accurate in your information and submission.

Any reason why would want to do it later ?
Because it expires in a year and if they do not issue the visa before it expires they will ask you to do it again. Like mine now, it will expire in the next two months and no sign of my PR visa. So I am sure I will get a request to do the medicals again.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
So my wife got an email saying she was successfully approved as a sponsor and a letter was sent to her on 29th of May, which she then got in an email form on the 25th of June (after she had inquired about it).

The letter states that the application has been forwarded to Abu Dhabi on my behalf. My question is, how long does it generally take for them to get the application and then acknowledge they have received it? Do they even acknowledge receiving it?

Sparrow19

Jan 5, 2014
loveu said:
congrats...where are you here in Canada?you know my husband application still in line awaiting for review.so depressed now.we tried to apply tourist visa and we get refusal letter.I don't know what to do anymore
loveu did you try to tell your husband to send email to ADVO regarding the processing of his application... In the enquiry he should state when the application was submitted, the last contact you received from them and to inform them that your application is already exceeded the processing time stated for CIC Abu Dhabi. Because this is what I did during the processing of my application which is also took 17months before I received my visa. loveu your husband type of application and the timeline is the same as mine.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
wo403 said:
So my wife got an email saying she was successfully approved as a sponsor and a letter was sent to her on 29th of May, which she then got in an email form on the 25th of June (after she had inquired about it).

The letter states that the application has been forwarded to Abu Dhabi on my behalf. My question is, how long does it generally take for them to get the application and then acknowledge they have received it? Do they even acknowledge receiving it?
Thats good news wo403! See if you can paste this link in your browser and the spreadsheet for all applying through the Abu Dhabi office should appear. You can see the avg timeline from when you submit your application until you get passport request. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmTrRjKDvHemdDFBNldiNVBUY2I3OHhuOWlKTFNDOHc&usp=sharing&userstoinvite=vmjm1129#gid=0

On Oct 29th 2013 we received the email from CIC about sponsorship approval and then only on 28th January 2014 we got an email from ADVO saying they received our application. But on the same day 28th Jan, we got an additional documents request email. So obviously they received our application long before and had been through it. Hope this info helps.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
anxiouswife said:
Thats good news wo403! See if you can paste this link in your browser and the spreadsheet for all applying through the Abu Dhabi office should appear. You can see the avg timeline from when you submit your application until you get passport request. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmTrRjKDvHemdDFBNldiNVBUY2I3OHhuOWlKTFNDOHc&usp=sharing&userstoinvite=vmjm1129#gid=0

On Oct 29th 2013 we received the email from CIC about sponsorship approval and then only on 28th January 2014 we got an email from ADVO saying they received our application. But on the same day 28th Jan, we got an additional documents request email. So obviously they received our application long before and had been through it. Hope this info helps.
This did help greatly! Thank you.

I guess there's not much I can do now but to wait patiently.

ZZW

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
05-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-05-2014 , SA Recieved: 3-06-2014, , AOR2 Recieved 05-08-2014
File Transfer...
3-06-2014
Med's Done....
23-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
SA was recieved on 3rd june 2014...
We didnt recieve any email from AdVO uptil now but today ecas has been updated to
1. We recieved xxxx application fot permanent residence on April 1st 2014
2. Medical results have been recieved.

Well the thing is the applicant dint get any acknowledgment from ADVO...is it normal? And does that mean that they have started processing our application?

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hey all,

I am checking the forum after 2 long weeks, hope I havent missed out on new PPRs!! ;)

Regarding the medicals, some applicants on the thread mentioned that the medical centres wouldn't do an upfront medical and would need a letter from CIC requesting for the medicals done. Though the checklist actually says to produce the medical results alongwith the application.

If the medical centre you go to requires the letter from CIC, i would suggest including a letter to CIC explaining that the medical centre in your area does not do upfront medicals.