Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
anxiouswife said:
But I am not planning to go and live there permanently now. I am only planing to go on visit and live with my spouse until I hear back from ADVO on my visa status.
I heard that Canadian Government doesn't like people sailing in two boats particularly the Gulf residents. This is the reason that CIC is asking for residency cancellation before issuing the PR Visa.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello All,

Finally I found a place where I could ask some questions about Canadian Family Sponsorship and get some honest answers. Really glad to have found this place.

We got married last year, my spouse is still in UAE. We have put forth our application in May'14 via a lawyer and haven't heard any response yet. Also when we handed our application, my spouse was pregnant and now I am getting worried that she wont be here for delivery.

Is there anything I can do, to speed up this process or do we have to hang tight and wait for Abu Dhabi to finish processing the application ? Should we try to apply for a visit visa ? What would be your advise ?

Thanks once again for taking the time to help me. Thank you

AMJ

Mar 2, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Impresso said:
We got married last year, my spouse is still in UAE. We have put forth our application in May'14 via a lawyer and haven't heard any response yet. Also when we handed our application, my spouse was pregnant and now I am getting worried that she wont be here for delivery.

Is there anything I can do, to speed up this process or do we have to hang tight and wait for Abu Dhabi to finish processing the application ? Should we try to apply for a visit visa ? What would be your advise ?

You've just started a long journey, Impresso so be patient.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Thank you AMJ - I guess you are correct about being Patient :'( - Is there anything that can be done to get her here even for a visit ?

I know I sound "Desperate" :eek:

Btw - what is your time line like ? When did you submit your application ?

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
Ok Guys I have got my passport back with Visa stamped on 15-06-2014 passport back from courier 17-06-2014.
Will be landing on 16-july-2014

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Impresso said:
Thank you AMJ - I guess you are correct about being Patient :'( - Is there anything that can be done to get her here even for a visit ?

I know I sound "Desperate" :eek:

Btw - what is your time line like ? When did you submit your application ?
Yes just ask your wife to apply for a visit visa through the embassy in Abu Dhabi like everyone else does normally. The first time I applied for a visit visa, I was rejected. Then the 2nd time we submitted a letter saying we wanted to be together for Christmas and they gave me the visit visa. The first time I applied, I did it through vfs and the 2nd time I went to the embassy directly. Hope this info helps.

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
aism.abbas said:
Ok Guys I have got my passport back with Visa stamped on 15-06-2014 passport back from courier 17-06-2014.
mabrook!! :D mine finally changed to 'decision made' after a week from me getting my passport with the canadian PR

ASBA

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Impresso said:
Hello All,

Finally I found a place where I could ask some questions about Canadian Family Sponsorship and get some honest answers. Really glad to have found this place.

I hope everything works out for you ASAP as your wife is pregnant. This can be a long and painful wait though, just hang in there.

Congratz to aism.abbas and therippleeffect :) hope it works out well for you guys in the future.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
aism.abbas said:
Congrats aism.abbas and Welcome to Canada.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
anxiouswife said:
Yes just ask your wife to apply for a visit visa through the embassy in Abu Dhabi like everyone else does normally. The first time I applied for a visit visa, I was rejected. Then the 2nd time we submitted a letter saying we wanted to be together for Christmas and they gave me the visit visa. The first time I applied, I did it through vfs and the 2nd time I went to the embassy directly. Hope this info helps.
Thank you for you tip - we were always under the impression that Immigration Canada just rejects your visit visa if you are in a spousal relationship, As most of our friends went through the same process and were not successful or couldn't provide enough evidence that the spouse will not stay in Canada Permanently but will go back after visit.

Shall def take your advice and apply to the embassy with a letter. Did you get a 6 month visit visa ?

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ASBA said:
I hope everything works out for you ASAP as your wife is pregnant. This can be a long and painful wait though, just hang in there.

Congratz to aism.abbas and therippleeffect :) hope it works out well for you guys in the future.
Thank you ASBA - Shall keep you all posted.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Impresso said:
Thank you for you tip - we were always under the impression that Immigration Canada just rejects your visit visa if you are in a spousal relationship, As most of our friends went through the same process and were not successful or couldn't provide enough evidence that the spouse will not stay in Canada Permanently but will go back after visit.

Shall def take your advice and apply to the embassy with a letter. Did you get a 6 month visit visa ?
Yes 6 months single entry visit visa. I am applying again next week. Make sure your wife provides a letter from her company if she is working as that is pretty strong evidence she will return.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
My question is, while your Sponsorship application is going through, going to Canada on a visit visa doesn't effect that process?

I was lead to believe that it's a bad idea and that it makes the Sponsorship process longer? I'm now secretly hoping that it's entirely false and can actually visit my wife as our application goes through without added wait.

anxiouswife said:

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
wo403 said:
My question is, while your Sponsorship application is going through, going to Canada on a visit visa doesn't effect that process?

I was lead to believe that it's a bad idea and that it makes the Sponsorship process longer? I'm now secretly hoping that it's entirely false and can actually visit my wife as our application goes through without added wait.
Of course you can visit your spouse while your PR application is under process. I dont think it affects the timeline of your application at all. If you couldn't visit, they wouldn't even issue a visit visa to you. But they issued one to me and I did go and celebrate Christmas with my husband. I came back to Dubai and had an email from ADVO a couple of days later requesting additional documents. So I dont think my visit to Canada affected my PR application at all. They just need enough evidence that you will return after your visit.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
You have no idea how excited that makes me feel!

I felt so disheartened thinking that there was no option (other than her visiting Saudi which is not any easier) but to wait till I land in Canada to see my wife.

Thank you! And do keep us posted on your upcoming visit visa application!

anxiouswife said:
Of course you can visit your spouse while your PR application is under process. I dont think it affects the timeline of your application at all. If you couldn't visit, they wouldn't even issue a visit visa to you. But they issued one to me and I did go and celebrate Christmas with my husband. I came back to Dubai and had an email from ADVO a couple of days later requesting additional documents. So I dont think my visit to Canada affected my PR application at all. They just need enough evidence that you will return after your visit.