June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
sbakhour said:
@taniam00: I appreciate also if you can send me a pvt msg for details.
details on what exactly? I wrote to W.M because i was in the exact same situation. Canadian wife living with husband in qatar till he got all his papers.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Anyone knows how long it takes bg check? My husband used to live in Egypt & now in Qatar so it's from both countries

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress Since 12 Jan 2016
Final decision Not Started

Any expectation for my status ?

Thanks

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
My husband bg check started on 9 January maybe before cause they sent me email on 9th and told me so, but don't know exactly when did it start!! Maybe b4 or same day they sent me

Where r u applying from!! U can check your processing time on cic website according to your residence country under family sponsorship application

JMZ

Dec 25, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
File Transfer...
12-05-2016
Med's Done....
10-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
Still not yet
BioMed17 said:
Mr. JMZ we are on same boat. I'm Pakistani citizen living in Saudi Arabia and my visa office is also in Abu dhabi. I applied almost 20 days before you on 22 April, 2016. and my MYCIC and ECAS status are same as yours.
My background checks started on 31 October. I hope we will hear good news very soon..
hii BioMed17,
yes i think the officer who holds applications for Saudi Arabia residents is too slow and lazy :( , also i have my friends applying from Saudi Arabia and have the same status as us . No one have updates on his process

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
for people who are upset i just want to say i applied to my husband since February 2016 and up till now background check .. i believe if the background check was for Usama Bin Laden they should have a result by now. I have sent three emails and their reply is the same as below

Your application is currently subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Once your application is finalized, you will receive an email. If your application is approved, the email will give instructions on how to re-submit your passport for the issuance of the visa.

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
sokara said:
for people who are upset i just want to say i applied to my husband since February 2016 and up till now background check .. i believe if the background check was for Usama Bin Laden they should have a result by now. I have sent three emails and their reply is the same as below

Your application is currently subject to statutory requirements, including background checks. These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted permanent resident status. We are currently conducting certain background investigations. As these are conducted by outside agencies, we are not in a position to determine when your application will be finalized.

We can appreciate that you anxiously awaiting news about your application. Please rest assured that we will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Once your application is finalized, you will receive an email. If your application is approved, the email will give instructions on how to re-submit your passport for the issuance of the visa.
If they received your husband application on 28 of February 2016 and he resides in Jordan or UAE both of them processing times is 15 months according to cic website, so you still didn't exceed your processing time :)
Anyone exceeded processing time (although his application was complete and they didn't as any additional documents) please share :)

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
hi W.M,

my husband application was sent on begining of Feburary not end. If you follow the forum from long time you would see that some other applicant got their application finalized within 3-6 months some other by 8 months. But my poor unfortunate husband it's been 13 months now.

And yes i can see clearly that the freakin processing time is 15 months but i will be very much glad to accept it, if it is the same for everyone.

it is not fair to see people who applied in August at the same freakin visa office got their visa and us who applied in Feb still waiting you sense what am saying ?

i hope u do

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
Hello everyone :) Hello chilkootcee :)

this is what I have received today from Abu Dhabi visa office.

what's your comment chilkootcee ? :)

W.M

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
sokara said:
hi W.M,

my husband application was sent on begining of Feburary not end. If you follow the forum from long time you would see that some other applicant got their application finalized within 3-6 months some other by 8 months. But my poor unfortunate husband it's been 13 months now.

And yes i can see clearly that the freakin processing time is 15 months but i will be very much glad to accept it, if it is the same for everyone.

it is not fair to see people who applied in August at the same freakin visa office got their visa and us who applied in Feb still waiting you sense what am saying ?

i hope u do
Inshallah you hear good news soon :)

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello Adam,

Where are you applying from (Which country) and since when ?
Did you send CIC an email and received the above reply from them ? Or they just sent it to you ?
What is you current application status on myCIC & ECAS ?
I highly appreciate if you can share these info.

Regards,
SB

Adam sakr

Feb 4, 2017
Hello SB,

Hello Sbakhour :)

MY wife was applied from Canada then after the sponsorship approval my application transfer to Abu Dhabi visa office.

I had apply since almost 20 month :'( :'( my application from 16,July, 2015 till now.

CIC & ECAS MY application in process & background checks.

I'm Egyptian & Resident in Dubai.

I had send an email to asking for new update twice then I had receive this email before yesterday.

LOOOOOONG TIME. Hope everyone will have good news soon :) we need to be Patience. :)

salam :)

Regards.
Adam

luissuarez

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi All,

So I am from Kuwait but I am currently studying in the US. I submitted my application last month and I am expecting AOR 1 soon. After SA is complete, does my application get transferred to Abo Dhabi VO or what?

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
New style updates !

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents Not applicable. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made