+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
aism.abbas said:
Yea Canadianindubai

In your case you are working and have visa from the company on resignation they will cancel your visa but if you are sponsored by your husband or wife you have to cancel the visa for both, they have written email they need confirmation to cancel residency of the current country or else you can withdraw you application and apply when you are ready.

Also, Maybe you have to define them that why you don't want to cancel the residency appropriate reason.

"If your sponsor is currently residing outside of Canada, we will require satisfactory evidence that they will reside in Canada once you become a permanent resident. Satisfactory evidence would include: copy of cancelled residency permit (in the Gulf); copy of resignation letter showing that it has been accepted by your sponsor's employer; evidence that "end of contract" benefits have been paid; and so on. This will be required before a permanent resident visa can be issued. If your sponsor does not believe that they will be ready to move to Canada when your permanent resident visa is issued, then you may wish to consider withdrawing this current application. Your spouse could then submit a new sponsorship when they are prepared to move to Canada."

Hi, dont get confused with the use of THEY.
it means THEY = He/she= sponsor.

I am the sponsor
i am on my husbands visa (husband is the applicant)
however i am also working in the UAE

ADVO has asked Me, the sponsor to cancel my gulf visa and proof of end of service /resignation

they have NOT asked my husband (the applicant)

Its obvious to them that the APPLICANT wants to move to canada, infact the applicant HAS to spend 2 out of 5 years there to get the citizenship
what they are after is that the SPONSOR also lives in canada.

they cannot force the applicant to move to canada immediately. but the sponsor must.

here is the exact text

2- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

You must only submit items marked with . For instructions and additional details on the required
item(s), please refer to the corresponding section/paragraph on page 4, under RELATED
INFORMATION.

Original passport(s)

Proof of your sponsor's permanent relocation to Canada OR Proof that your sponsor is currently physically residing in Canada

Three (3) Passport Photos

also

Subsection 130(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states in that: 'A sponsor who
is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection
(1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent
children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident. '
In reference to the above, your sponsor must provide evidence that he/she will permanently reside in
Canada once your permanent residence visa is issued. You must submit the following:
- a copy of your sponsor's passport with his/her cancelled Gulf residence visa;
- if your sponsor is residing in Saudi Arabia, a copy of his/her Saudi “Final Exit” Visa;
- a copy of your sponsor's resignation letter and proof that it was accepted by his/her employer; &
- proof of payment of your sponsor's end of service employment benefits.

hope that helps clarify.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
hmmm thats good then :)

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
SA : 28-01-2014
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
Hi, dont get confused with the use of THEY.
it means THEY = He/she= sponsor.

I am the sponsor
i am on my husbands visa (husband is the applicant)
however i am also working in the UAE

ADVO has asked Me, the sponsor to cancel my gulf visa and proof of end of service /resignation

they have NOT asked my husband (the applicant)

Its obvious to them that the APPLICANT wants to move to canada, infact the applicant HAS to spend 2 out of 5 years there to get the citizenship
what they are after is that the SPONSOR also lives in canada.

they cannot force the applicant to move to canada immediately. but the sponsor must.

here is the exact text

2- REQUIRED DOCUMENTS

You must only submit items marked with . For instructions and additional details on the required
item(s), please refer to the corresponding section/paragraph on page 4, under RELATED
INFORMATION.

Original passport(s)

Proof of your sponsor's permanent relocation to Canada OR Proof that your sponsor is currently physically residing in Canada

Three (3) Passport Photos

also

Subsection 130(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states in that: 'A sponsor who
is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection
(1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent
children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident. '
In reference to the above, your sponsor must provide evidence that he/she will permanently reside in
Canada once your permanent residence visa is issued. You must submit the following:
- a copy of your sponsor's passport with his/her cancelled Gulf residence visa;
- if your sponsor is residing in Saudi Arabia, a copy of his/her Saudi “Final Exit” Visa;
- a copy of your sponsor's resignation letter and proof that it was accepted by his/her employer; &
- proof of payment of your sponsor's end of service employment benefits.

hope that helps clarify.
Hi CanadianinDubai,

Did you submit your passport and the required documents yet?

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
JenPin said:
Hi CanadianinDubai,

Did you submit your passport and the required documents yet?

Hi JenPin!
We have till end of this month.
Still getting some things together for them.

then the REAL wait begins.....waiting for the passport to come back with a foiled sticker in it!!!
??? ??? ???

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted everything on the first go
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Submitted on the first go - got second request too
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
CanadianinDubai said:
Hi JenPin!
We have till end of this month.
Still getting some things together for them.

then the REAL wait begins.....waiting for the passport to come back with a foiled sticker in it!!!
??? ??? ???
what wait? i thought u were done with the larger chunk of the 'wait time'... now things are certain than ever... now its just about getting the passport and leaving for canada.. :D

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
TheRippleEffect said:
what wait? i thought u were done with the larger chunk of the 'wait time'... now things are certain than ever... now its just about getting the passport and leaving for canada.. :D
I know, I know. but im still nervous and weary.
i know they are going to ask him to a medical again (even though they already asked for his passport)
so expecting another slight pause, and seeing that foil sticker with our own eyes!!!

we have been in Asia for over 6 years. so the thought that we will soon be moving back to canada is hitting us hard right now since we got the request for passport.

now we are thinking....WHERE IN CANADA???
New brunswick is a high contender
so is Vancouver
I am from Toronto but not really too keen on living there again
Ottawa?
Gatineau?

the options are endless!
a whole new set of things to be sleepless at night about!

:) :) :)

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
CanadianinDubai said:
i know they are going to ask him to a medical again (even though they already asked for his passport)
so expecting another slight pause, and seeing that foil sticker with our own eyes!!!

we have been in Asia for over 6 years. so the thought that we will soon be moving back to canada is hitting us hard right now since we got the request for passport.

so is Vancouver
Ottawa?
Gatineau?

the options are endless!

all the more reason for you to be excited... i'd be ecstatic.. all the best...

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
Wish you all the best Canadianindubai.

Why not toronto :( I thought it was good out there.

CanadianinDubai

Feb 11, 2014
aism.abbas said:
Wish you all the best Canadianindubai.

Why not toronto :( I thought it was good out there.
to be honest, i prefer to live in a smaller city like ottawa or saint john,
or a warmer city like vancouver
but who knows....it depends on jobs and opportunities.

was born and raised in toronto, so would like to see a new place in canada.

aism.abbas

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
File Transfer...
11-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
CanadianinDubai said:
to be honest, i prefer to live in a smaller city like ottawa or saint john,
or a warmer city like vancouver
but who knows....it depends on jobs and opportunities.

was born and raised in toronto, so would like to see a new place in canada.
Best of luck

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
CanadianinDubai said:

so is Vancouver
Ottawa?
Gatineau?

the options are endless!

I agree its a new start accompanied by lots of anxiety. I am sure you will figure it out, wishing you the very best for your move to Canada!!

nano1987

Apr 9, 2014
Hello all,

I live in Canada & I sponsored my husband who lives in Qatar. We submitted our application on June 17 2013 and the status of our application has changed to in process since January 15,14.

My husband did the medical exam when we first submitted our application and submitted additinal documents upon their request back in September as well.

I just received an email today from Abu Dhabi office requesting him to undergo the medical exam again.

Can you please help us know how long after results of the medical exam are received at this stage will it take for them to request his passport? It's been 10 months now! Is this a good sign, bad sign?

Thank you

TheRippleEffect

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Doha - Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
18-02-2013
Med's Request
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
nano1987 said:
Hello all,

I live in Canada & I sponsored my husband who lives in Qatar. We submitted our application on June 17 2013 and the status of our application has changed to in process since January 15,14.

My husband did the medical exam when we first submitted our application and submitted additinal documents upon their request back in September as well.

I just received an email today from Abu Dhabi office requesting him to undergo the medical exam again.

Can you please help us know how long after results of the medical exam are received at this stage will it take for them to request his passport? It's been 10 months now! Is this a good sign, bad sign?

Thank you
its a great sign! it means your husband's RP is probably approved and his visa is accepted... usually second time asking for medical means the very last step before they ask for the applicant's passport... and they ask for passport about 4 weeks after submitting the medicals... so inshah - Allah in two months from now tops, ur husband should have the passport with the visa in it... UNLESS, sumthing major goes wrong, you don't need to worry.. :D

nano1987

Apr 9, 2014
TheRippleEffect said:
its a great sign! it means your husband's RP is probably approved and his visa is accepted... usually second time asking for medical means the very last step before they ask for the applicant's passport... and they ask for passport about 4 weeks after submitting the medicals... so inshah - Allah in two months from now tops, ur husband should have the passport with the visa in it... UNLESS, sumthing major goes wrong, you don't need to worry.. :D
Ohhh thank you sooo much for making me feel better! I was freeking out since morning I appreciate your help :)
My prarers go to all people waiting here, it's not easy at all!

Best of luck for all & many thanks :) :)

JenPin

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
Doc's Request.
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2014
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
nano1987 said:
Ohhh thank you sooo much for making me feel better! I was freeking out since morning I appreciate your help :)
My prarers go to all people waiting here, it's not easy at all!

Best of luck for all & many thanks :) :)
Hi Nano1987,

Please can you share the following details of your application so we can see your timeline:

Application filed at Missisuaga:
AOR received from Missisuaga:
Sponsorship Approval:
File Transfer:
AOR from Abu Dhabi VO:
Additional Documents Request:
Medicals Done:
Medical Results Update in ECAS:

Thanks and all the best with your application as well! Hope this is the last step for you...