+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponser Income question

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
So I know there's no minimum requirement for spouses, but I'm a student and do not have an income.

I do, however, have family supporting me and I even attached my bank statements showing that I get sent a couple thousand dollars a month. I attached a brief letter explaining that... is this acceptable? I applied last year, April 2020, got AOR Jan 2021 and medical request last week.

My program ends in a few weeks and applying for full time work after, would it be a good idea to submit a letter from my employer when I have one?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I know there's no minimum requirement for spouses, but I'm a student and do not have an income.

I do, however, have family supporting me and I even attached my bank statements showing that I get sent a couple thousand dollars a month. I attached a brief letter explaining that... is this acceptable? I applied last year, April 2020, got AOR Jan 2021 and medical request last week.

My program ends in a few weeks and applying for full time work after, would it be a good idea to submit a letter from my employer when I have one?
Assuming you are sponsor, yes, your approach should be fine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A letter from your employer would be even better than a family letter showing they have the extra disposable income to support you and a future spouse.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would add financial records for your family showing they have the extra income to keep supporting you both if you haven't found a job.