+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse OWP-Aug 2018

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
Yes i did on 10th AUG online. No update
Are you in Canada or is your spouse in Canada?
Whoever is in Canada, i would strongly advice you to get the help of your local MP office. They will raise an inquiry on your behalf, thats what they did for me and I think my file was opened only after that (after 4 months). I hope this helps.
Thanks

Reactions: Mahnoor

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Are you in Canada or is your spouse in Canada?
Whoever is in Canada, i would strongly advice you to get the help of your local MP office. They will raise an inquiry on your behalf, thats what they did for me and I think my file was opened only after that (after 4 months). I hope this helps.
Thanks
I'm in Canada and my spouse in Pakistan, I applied online

Saidy

Nov 22, 2014
I'm in Canada and my spouse in Pakistan, I applied online
Ok, same as my situation. So u just have to reach out to your area MP's office and explain them abt your spouse's application and that its delayed. Request them to raise an inquiry reg ur application.
In my case, I just emailed the MP office email ID I found on their website...and the MP's assistant replied within half hour!!

Mahnoor

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Ok, same as my situation. So u just have to reach out to your area MP's office and explain them abt your spouse's application and that its delayed. Request them to raise an inquiry reg ur application.
In my case, I just emailed the MP office email ID I found on their website...and the MP's assistant replied within half hour!!
But do you think my file is delayed or should i wait?

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
It seems that it takes them more time than they say at the website. I applied on July 29 from inside Canada and only today I got the approval. It takes even more time for applications from outside of Canada. However, if it takes more than they say on the website you may wish to give them a call.

For August 10 application, no, I don't think it's delayed. Especially for an application from outside of Canada.