+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open workpermit of International student

mithrans

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hello
My wife have applied for my work permit on March 2, 2021. I got my biometric done on March 17, 2021. Since then, there is no update. Although, the online estimate is 3 weeks for an application submitted from the USA. It is uncertain to when I will receive a final decision on case at this point.
Good luck to you and your family!
any updates ??

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi,
Any student in canada , submitted open workpermit for the spouse in March 2021? Please update the status.
Thanks
Applied Feb 23 2021. Upfront medical Feb 26, 2021. Medical not updated yet. Application in review since March 5th 2021

geoela

May 30, 2021
Mexico
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
18/03/2021
I applied for a SOWP with my family on March 17, 2021. We gave biometrics on March 25. They received their study permit In April, but mine is still in process. When I applied, the processing time was one week in Mexico. 10 weeks have passed and I'm still waiting. Is it possible that this means I will be rejected?

andarguemo

Feb 1, 2021
I applied for a SOWP with my family on March 17, 2021. We gave biometrics on March 25. They received their study permit In April, but mine is still in process. When I applied, the processing time was one week in Mexico. 10 weeks have passed and I'm still waiting. Is it possible that this means I will be rejected?
My wife´s study permit was approved on March 4th and I´m also still waiting for the SOWP approval. Our application is also being processed in IRCC México. I contacted México office through a web form as my wife´s classes will be held in person next fall already ( she is currently studying online) and we started to worry as we are not sure if she will have to travel alone. IRCC México replied back just saying that my application is still in process and that they have a delay in the processing of applications due to COVID19. They also mentioned that the processing times shown in their web page are not accurate at this time due to COVID19.

geoela

May 30, 2021
Mexico
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
18/03/2021
My wife´s study permit was approved on March 4th, and I´m also still waiting for the SOWP approval. Our application is also being processed in IRCC México. I contacted México office through a web form as my wife´s classes will be held in person next fall already ( she is currently studying online), and we started to worry as we are not sure if she will have to travel alone. IRCC México replied back, saying that my application is still in process and that they have a delay in processing applications due to COVID19. They also mentioned that the processing times shown on their web page are not accurate at this time due to COVID19.
I received the same response; They said that the times of the website apply only for health and agro workers. We're also worried because we don't want to travel separated. Let's hope they answer in the next weeks.

Lajoie2021

May 11, 2021
My wife´s study permit was approved on March 4th and I´m also still waiting for the SOWP approval. Our application is also being processed in IRCC México. I contacted México office through a web form as my wife´s classes will be held in person next fall already ( she is currently studying online) and we started to worry as we are not sure if she will have to travel alone. IRCC México replied back just saying that my application is still in process and that they have a delay in the processing of applications due to COVID19. They also mentioned that the processing times shown in their web page are not accurate at this time due to COVID19.
Hi
Do you know if SOWP is approved based on when the spouse starts classes?
My wife SP was approved in April and my SOWP is still pending. My wife will start her class on Sept 7. I am wondering if my SOWP can not be approved before or closer to the date her classes actually start. I will appreciate any input since I am new to Canada Immigration processing. Thank you,

iswaryadevit

May 17, 2021
Amended a web form for my spouse's SOWP application. Submitted form 9th June morning, received response 9th June evening. Below is the content. Not sure what it exactly means. Was the application transferred to the New York office after submitting the web form? Can someone explain?

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Please disregard the previous correspondence. Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Center located in New York for processing. The Canada Immigration Center will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada."

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Amended a web form for my spouse's SOWP application. Submitted form 9th June morning, received response 9th June evening. Below is the content. Not sure what it exactly means. Was the application transferred to the New York office after submitting the web form? Can someone explain?

"This letter refers to your application for a Work Permit. Please disregard the previous correspondence. Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Center located in New York for processing. The Canada Immigration Center will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada."
from where u applied?

RajeshNadella

Jun 10, 2021
Did anyone in this thread apply from India? I am an international student in Canada. My wife applied for Spouse Open Work Permit on April 14, 2021. I am starting to worry after seeing posts saying that the timeline provided in the website is inaccurate and only applicable to health care workers. I really want to know the timeline for applications made from India. Any reply is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Rajesh.