+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open workpermit of International student

sylvieee

Apr 29, 2021
I just heard from a remote friend. They filed for SOWP from US (complete bio) about 3.5 months ago and got OPR yesterday.
They are both in the US and plan to relocate together. The study permit was approved before SOWP application.
Basically in line with the experience of Rrandh91's on #8. We need to wait...

Lajoie2021

May 11, 2021
Hello
Wife applied for my SOWP on March 2.
I got the biometrics done on March 17.
Processing background check shown for the past 8 weeks.

iswaryadevit

May 17, 2021
Hi all, I am an international student pursuing Masters in a university in Canada. I do have my study permit and am in Canada. My spouse and child are in the USA. I have applied for their Open Work permit for spouse and dependent visa for my minor child. Their applications have been filed in the USA, by early May 2021. They both received their respective biometric invite letters on 15th May 2021. Does anyone know what's the next process after submitting fingerprints?

I would like to know if anyone has recently (especially considering the pandemic COVID) received either their spouse or kid's dependent visa (outside of Canada) and how much time did it take. Please let me know.

Reactions: RumezaJ

Raghav54321

Jan 26, 2021
I have a question regarding travel. I have got an approved closed wp(wp to be issued at the port as will be travelling for First Time to Canada) and my wife have open wp. Now to travel together during these pandemic times do my wife need a written authorization from ircc?
We both have letter of introduction. Do we need any other document for entry?
Will my wife be denied entry at poe as she doesn't have any offer letter yet.

Lajoie2021

May 11, 2021
Hi all, I am an international student pursuing Masters in a university in Canada. I do have my study permit and am in Canada. My spouse and child are in the USA. I have applied for their Open Work permit for spouse and dependent visa for my minor child. Their applications have been filed in the USA, by early May 2021. They both received their respective biometric invite letters on 15th May 2021. Does anyone know what's the next process after submitting fingerprints?

I would like to know if anyone has recently (especially considering the pandemic COVID) received either their spouse or kid's dependent visa (outside of Canada) and how much time did it take. Please let me know.
Hello
My wife have applied for my work permit on March 2, 2021. I got my biometric done on March 17, 2021. Since then, there is no update. Although, the online estimate is 3 weeks for an application submitted from the USA. It is uncertain to when I will receive a final decision on case at this point.
Good luck to you and your family!

iswaryadevit

May 17, 2021
Hello
My wife have applied for my work permit on March 2, 2021. I got my biometric done on March 17, 2021. Since then, there is no update. Although, the online estimate is 3 weeks for an application submitted from the USA. It is uncertain to when I will receive a final decision on case at this point.
Good luck to you and your family!
Oh ok Lajoie2021. Please let me know if you here any status .