+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse open work permit

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
hi WED to be honest with you I got information from that CIC site so please take advise from Agent before you make an application.
I too saw the CIC site and it says about C41 to C45 categories but doesn't specify that we need to put C41 in "intend to work" column.

Further, as per IMM 5488, it clearly mentions that if Open Work Permit, leave 2 to 6 fields blank.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Hi there, thanks for the answer. I live in Canada and my wife is in India.So what about the employment letter in that case because she is the only applicant and I have already uploaded my employment letter in her SOWP file.
Yes, you need to keep your employment letter.

VishvaRana

May 14, 2018
there is an application form 1295(Application for work permit made outside of Canada)
In that form, U can find one box called (Details of Intended to work in Canada) U can mention that spouse open work permit(C41/C42)
U can check that link again which category you are eligible for( C41 OR C42 OR another program )
but make sure ask your agent or lawyer before you made your application.
As per my research better to mention category code to understand your case when the visa officer checks your Application.
Did you get answer for rejection reason?

I am having the same situation. I got refusal with same reason and everything is fine in my application. i have also asked for reason.

pb03bathinda

Sep 10, 2018
Hi All

My PGWP is going to Expire in Feb 2019 and my wife has PGWP valid until Feb 2021. Can i apply for myself Spouse Open Work Permit Online or on Border?
My wife have job of office Admin NOC B.
Is the form is IMM5710E for online application?

Rivia

Sep 19, 2018
Hi...
I am currently working in India and my husband has got an offer letter for postdoc position in Toronto. Can any one pls help me out in following
1.do i have to get my convocation degree and marksheet notarised or authentication from ministry of external affairs. My masters degree certificate is from pune University so is a transcript required or the marksheet and degree certificate is sufficient?
2. We have to apply through VFS or online submission of visa application? Which process will be the earliest as the joining date for him is December 1st 2018
3. I have daughter of 9 years what documents i need to submit do i need study permit for her?
I request to kindly reply asap as i have to start preparing the documents for sowp application and the time with us is less considering the joining date...
Thanks in advance..
Hi maam

I am on the same boat. Did you get your visa done? What's the ideal processing time for getting visa for PDFs.

Thanks

pb03bathinda

Sep 10, 2018
Hi...

Currently i have PGWP which is going to Expire in Feb 2019.
My wife has PGWP valid until Feb 2021.

Can i apply for my SWOP Online or go at Border?

My wife has job of office Admin NOC B.
Is the form is IMM5710E for online application?
What are required documents?
And what is the best time to apply for SWOP before my PGWP expire.

Varsha Mahant

Mar 29, 2018
I applied for SWP for my wife within Canada on 12th Jul. She is here on Visitor visa as my dependent. Haven't go any update. Anyone knows how much time it takes to get SWP when applied within Canada?
Hi did you receive the swp yet. I applied on 19th Jul 2018 from inside canada and haven't got any update yet.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hi did you receive the swp yet. I applied on 19th Jul 2018 from inside canada and haven't got any update yet.
Unfortunately, got rejection on 16th Sep. reason, spouse needs to produce evidence on my job NOC code. My work permit was not enough. Have to resubmit with the my employment offer letter.

Reactions: Varsha Mahant

spRaven

Dec 22, 2017
Could you help me please?
I'm trying to apply for spouse open work permit, (my spouse in Canada, skilled worker, NOC B, under LMIA)
so I have a list of documents what I need to upload:

Imm1295
Family info
Passport
Digital photo
Medical exam
Proof of Relationship
Schedule 1 - TRV (imm 5257)
Client information

My question is, where I should upload my spouse offer of employment, pay stabs, LMIA etc.? on client information?

or I answered wrong when I choose application?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Could you help me please?
I'm trying to apply for spouse open work permit, (my spouse in Canada, skilled worker, NOC B, under LMIA)
so I have a list of documents what I need to upload:

Imm1295
Family info
Passport
Digital photo
Medical exam
Proof of Relationship
Schedule 1 - TRV (imm 5257)
Client information

My question is, where I should upload my spouse offer of employment, pay stabs, LMIA etc.? on client information?

or I answered wrong when I choose application?
Yes, please do include the spouse offer of employment, pay stabs, LMIA and a letter from his company describing role and responsibility that confirms he is indeed employed in Canada as skilled worked with skill TYPE B.

jorgemelisa

Sep 28, 2018
applied for husband open work permit on 15 april 2018 but didnot get any update yet ,,,,,, only upfront medical get approved on may 17 2018..... please do reply it will be great help to me. waiting for reply?
Your husband had pre-medical certificate?