+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse open work permit

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I applied for SWP for my wife within Canada on 12th Jul. She is here on Visitor visa as my dependent. Haven't go any update. Anyone knows how much time it takes to get SWP when applied within Canada?
The official service standard as posted on IRCC website is 51 days for any sort of work permit extension from within Canada; however, there are some cases on this forum that have been waiting way longer than that for a spouse permit..

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
The official service standard as posted on IRCC website is 51 days for any sort of work permit extension from within Canada; however, there are some cases on this forum that have been waiting way longer than that for a spouse permit..
Isn't processing duration for new WP application different from WP extension?

Neha00

Aug 29, 2018
Hello guys ! Pls help! Applied SOWP on 30 May 2018. Still no update . As I am worried coz my husband 's visa going to expire in october .. chances of rejection or any hope pls tell m if anybody know?????

ehernandez07

Aug 29, 2018
Hi all. I have a bad news I got my refusal on 22th August. They have mentioned that you have not meet the requirements.
But i don’t know my agent checked my file again and all fine.so we have requested to get proper reason notes to New Delhi embassy
Did you perform the medicals tests? Or they just rejected your application without even ask for it? Also, they usually send a letter with the reasons.

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
How much time will it take to process Work Permit for the main applicant and Spousal Open work permit for the dependent spouse ? We both are in India.

Aasman

Aug 30, 2018
Hi...
I am currently working in India and my husband has got an offer letter for postdoc position in Toronto. Can any one pls help me out in following
1.do i have to get my convocation degree and marksheet notarised or authentication from ministry of external affairs. My masters degree certificate is from pune University so is a transcript required or the marksheet and degree certificate is sufficient?
2. We have to apply through VFS or online submission of visa application? Which process will be the earliest as the joining date for him is December 1st 2018
3. I have daughter of 9 years what documents i need to submit do i need study permit for her?
I request to kindly reply asap as i have to start preparing the documents for sowp application and the time with us is less considering the joining date...
Thanks in advance..

Himanshu Sharma1991

Aug 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Currently I am on work permit and I have applied for SOWP on may 30,2018. Its been more then 3 months already and no updates.
I have applied for visa from Canada and its being processed in New Delhi I believe.
What are the normal duration for processing and is there any contact no. I can contact on.

Thanks in advance

Neha00

Aug 29, 2018
Hey my husband also applied in 30 may from canada . Its online application which is processed in india . Even I dnt get any update from cic. Almost waiting from three months as you are . Its too long .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How much time will it take to process Work Permit for the main applicant and Spousal Open work permit for the dependent spouse ? We both are in India.
If you require LMIA work permit can take 4-6 with LMIA. SOWP takes around 4 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey my husband also applied in 30 may from canada . Its online application which is processed in india . Even I dnt get any update from cic. Almost waiting from three months as you are . Its too long .
4 months is approx. processing time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
4 months is approx wait time.