+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How about spouse's bank statement balance? Can we show a gift deed?
Wouldn’t really show a gift deed that has only recently been put into a bank account. If you have doubts would start with GCMS so you know exactly what the issue is. An extra 10k makes a big difference. You can also add your husband’s bank account(s) even if he has a few thousands. That adds to the total.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will a house loan cause any problem?
No but you’ll need to show that you have a certain mortgage on your property when you state that you own a property and it’s assessed value. This is extra information you can include but you can just stick to bank accounts if you want. If you have very little equity in the property there isn’t a huge point in going through the trouble of including it.

Piryavart

Oct 3, 2019
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.
Aap india ke account me above 5 lack show kro account me balanace mene 3 year ki ITR and 7 lack ke karib balance show kiya tha aap unki it job ki paystub lagao and india k account me balance show kro and bank se balance certificates lo

sorooshk59

Jan 23, 2020
hello , i am graduating soon and i planed to apply for the PGWP but i have lost my part time job due to the covid19 situation. i am more concern about my wife open work permit. she is now working but we cant apply work permit for her if i dont have job related to my education in canda, do any rules change resently for this type of permit ? or any advise to how to keep her status valid! i appreciate your advise in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello , i am graduating soon and i planed to apply for the PGWP but i have lost my part time job due to the covid19 situation. i am more concern about my wife open work permit. she is now working but we cant apply work permit for her if i dont have job related to my education in canda, do any rules change resently for this type of permit ? or any advise to how to keep her status valid! i appreciate your advise in advance
Your job doesn’t need to be related to your education. You need pGWP and a job in NOC 0, A or B and 3 pay stubs for her to secure an SOWP

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Aap india ke account me above 5 lack show kro account me balanace mene 3 year ki ITR and 7 lack ke karib balance show kiya tha aap unki it job ki paystub lagao and india k account me balance show kro and bank se balance certificates lo
Average balance 5 lakh nahi hai toh kuch aur tarikha hai funds dikhane k liye. Any idea? Jaise ki gift deed k baare me dekh rahe the.

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Average balance 5 lakh nahi hai toh kuch aur tarikha hai funds dikhane k liye. Any idea? Jaise ki gift deed k baare me dekh rahe the.
Show balance around 3L in your husband's bank account & affidavit of support from mother/father/brother/sister around 8L-10L(FD/stable bank balance/investment/bond/policy in short any liquid form) also Immovable assets, Gold/silver etc...

knltwy

Mar 9, 2018
Hong Kong
Hello everyone,
I have a situation like this now.
I am holding a SWOP with a full-time job in the IT industry. But my employer will not do LMIA for me.
My SWOP and my common-law partner's SP will be expired on 30 Jul 2020.
My partner just applied PGWP and started working in a NOC B job as part-time. As the pay frequency is bi-weekly, she will get her 3rd paystub on 3 Jul. However, because I saw the CIC website said that I should apply for an extension 30 days before the expiry date. I planned to apply it before 30 Jun and submit the 3rd via WebForm once we get it. Does this applicable?
Moreover, my partner has a question that can she change her job after I submitted the extension of SWOP. She may want to switch to another NOC B job like a full-time job. Will this affect my SWOP application?

bharathrv619

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

I applied for my wife's open work permit extension on May 11th and today got update from CIC "Your application was cancelled".
But the reason stated is not clear. They have just mentioned about validity of your biometric information is till 2030/02/18.

Any idea about this ? I am trying to reach them on phone and will create a Web form.

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
if must be holding a job of NOC -O,A and B to get a SOWP VISA for your wife .
If any need any further help than let me know

sorooshk59

Jan 23, 2020
thanks for your help, i checked the rules in CIC website it doesn't mentioned self employee or work for employer. i am mental health counselor and its nature of this jib to be self employee. do you think i can apply with my self employee documents like certificates and...? for my wife SOWP renew

hs040819

Jun 4, 2020
I work in UAE and applied for SOWP in Nov 2019, my wife in canada on WP. Its been 7mnths already and still my application shows under process.
Medical and biometrics done. Eligibility and background check is still under process
Can anyone guide me how long does it take nd do i need to enquire thru webform regarding the process time?

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hello,

I applied for my wife's open work permit extension on May 11th and today got update from CIC "Your application was cancelled".
But the reason stated is not clear. They have just mentioned about validity of your biometric information is till 2030/02/18.

Any idea about this ? I am trying to reach them on phone and will create a Web form.
You may have submitted the wrong forms. In that case they will refund your fees as well. Carefully check the forms and reapply.

sorooshk59

Jan 23, 2020
anyone can help!! i checked the rules in CIC website it doesn't mentioned self employee or work for employer. i am mental health counselor and its nature of this job to be self employee. can i apply for my wife SOWP while i am applying for my PGWP?