+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Provide reference letter bearing your NOC code responsibilities and pay rate and starting date.
Okay. So how about providing proof of funds in my husband's bank account. We are in crisis now as we did not expect that refusal would come due to insufficient funds. He doesn't have a bank balance maintained. :( I have enough balance to show now and even last 5 months pay stubs but only worry is my husband's bank balance. So, what would you advise? He already has TRV visa. We were only hoping that the OWP gets approved so that he could travel once corona issue dies down. But now, restarting the application might take 4 more months as per India processing times. Is it better for him to travel to Canada once they open border for visitors and apply SOWP from Canada?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Okay. So how about providing proof of funds in my husband's bank account. We are in crisis now as we did not expect that refusal would come due to insufficient funds. He doesn't have a bank balance maintained. :( I have enough balance to show now and even last 5 months pay stubs but only worry is my husband's bank balance. So, what would you advise? He already has TRV visa. We were only hoping that the OWP gets approved so that he could travel once corona issue dies down. But now, restarting the application might take 4 more months as per India processing times. Is it better for him to travel to Canada once they open border for visitors and apply SOWP from Canada?
There is no need of money in your husbands bank account. Your account balance, job letter and pay slips that matter only.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you get married? That is another issue. $6700 is not a lot of savings especially in big cities. If you deduct the price of a flight your savings go down to closer to 5k. When you applied you had not worked long enough to be eligible for any form of benefit if you lost your job. Given the economy CIC may want a higher savings level because the chance of job loss is higher. We see a lot of SOWP being denied if it is a new arranged marriage where the couple hasn’t spent a lot of time together. Your spouse can come on a TRV once it is allowed but given your level of savings and the economy you both can use any income he is earning to boost your savings.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.
Hi Usha,

I m assuming you were applying for your husband as a fresh Temporary Visa Applicant. Since SoWP is an application dependent on yours, there is a requirement to submit funds availability. Since you are here on Work Permit, you should provide your 'annual gross salary in CAD' in 'Funds available' in your IMM form, not the bank funds(Thats only if you both were coming here on Visitor Visa) and in the 'Client Information' document, please attach a copy of your support letter(The one your would have submitted for your work permit) + a fresh reference letter from your company(having primarily your role name, start date, salary in CAD etc). I did get my wife's SoWP approved with this information. So, I would suggest you to go with this approach. Good Luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Usha,

I m assuming you were applying for your husband as a fresh Temporary Visa Applicant. Since SoWP is an application dependent on yours, there is a requirement to submit funds availability. Since you are here on Work Permit, you should provide your 'annual gross salary in CAD' in 'Funds available' in your IMM form, not the bank funds(Thats only if you both were coming here on Visitor Visa) and in the 'Client Information' document, please attach a copy of your support letter(The one your would have submitted for your work permit) + a fresh reference letter from your company(having primarily your role name, start date, salary in CAD etc). I did get my wife's SoWP approved with this information. So, I would suggest you to go with this approach. Good Luck!
You still should also be showing you and your spouses savings. You need to show that you have the funds to be able to weather any bumps in the road.