+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Sumanpreet$123

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Hi All,
I applied for SOWP in February 17, paper based. I linked my application online, there it showed that my Medical is Passed on Feb 21. Biometrics completed. I already have application number online, with background check in progress.

But I have not received AOR or biometrics completion letter on my email. Is my application already in progress since I already have application number?
hi can u please share your timeline?

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Hi,

I have arrived to Canada in Oct 2019 on Work Permit along with my wife and baby who are on Visitor record.

My wife has applied for open work permit in Dec 2019 through Online channel with following documents as per Document Checklist generated by CIC website -
1) IMM5710e
2) Passport of my wife
3) Digital Photo
4) Marriage Certificate (from India) - We are married for more than 10+ years
5) My work permit as 'Family member proof of status"

However, I am realizing that we have not submitted any other documents like cover letter, my employment letter, my pay slips, bank statements etc. as they were not asked by Document Checklist.

1) Please confirm if we have missed any document to be submitted
2) Our application is not yet reviewed by visa officer. Can we add additional documents?

Thanks!

Nidhi bhavsar

Jan 24, 2017
Hi All,
I applied for SOWP in February 17, paper based. I linked my application online, there it showed that my Medical is Passed on Feb 21. Biometrics completed. I already have application number online, with background check in progress.

But I have not received AOR or biometrics completion letter on my email. Is my application already in progress since I already have application number?
Have you applied witin Canada?

Reshu1234

Sep 17, 2019
My Spouse is on Full time work permit. I have applied SOWP. After got refusal in 14 working days, applied for the 2nd time SOWP on 10th February 2020. Status is showing it's under processing. Any chances to get approved??

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
My Spouse is on Full time work permit. I have applied SOWP. After got refusal in 14 working days, applied for the 2nd time SOWP on 10th February 2020. Status is showing it's under processing. Any chances to get approved??
What was the reason of 1st refusal ?

Sammy1988

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi all,
SOWP application was rejected, got the below reason as grounds for rejection, any inputs appreciated:

1. You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common law partner as defined in irpr
2. Not demonstrated that you meet the requirements of the SOWP pursuant to section 205 (c) (ii) of the regulations.

Applying again with More detailed documents of
Marriage like More photos, wedding invitation, marriage certificate.
Is there anything else that can be uploaded?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Jugr@j

Jan 20, 2020
I applied for spouse open work permit on march 12 . Decision courier was sent on 21 march ... have t got courier yet . There was no update of visa granted or refusal . What could be result

harryboi12

Apr 14, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am on open work permit till may2020. my wife is on PGWP.
we both applied in dec2019 she got approval for 3 years and i got till may2020 because my passport was expiring in 2021
now due to COVID 19 she is not able to find NOC B job. So, should we apply for my extension without job and give LOE that due to current situation she is not able to find job.Will they consider our situation? because if they reject i can't even go back to my country. please help

Dut29

Jan 16, 2020
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-12-2019
Med's Done....
10-12-2019
Passport Req..
13-01-2020
Hi,

I have arrived to Canada in Oct 2019 on Work Permit along with my wife and baby who are on Visitor record.

My wife has applied for open work permit in Dec 2019 through Online channel with following documents as per Document Checklist generated by CIC website -
1) IMM5710e
2) Passport of my wife
3) Digital Photo
4) Marriage Certificate (from India) - We are married for more than 10+ years
5) My work permit as 'Family member proof of status"

However, I am realizing that we have not submitted any other documents like cover letter, my employment letter, my pay slips, bank statements etc. as they were not asked by Document Checklist.

1) Please confirm if we have missed any document to be submitted
2) Our application is not yet reviewed by visa officer. Can we add additional documents?

Thanks!
Hi

You mentioned that you arrived in Canada on a work permit along with your wife and baby who are on a visitor's visa. May I ask if the immigration officer didnt questioned you on why your family went along with you. I have already received my work visa and planned to tag along my family who are on a visitors visa also. Somebody told me that i would might have a hard time in the port of entry if we go all together. They are suggesting that we would fly one day apart. Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thank you

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am on open work permit till may2020. my wife is on PGWP.
we both applied in dec2019 she got approval for 3 years and i got till may2020 because my passport was expiring in 2021
now due to COVID 19 she is not able to find NOC B job. So, should we apply for my extension without job and give LOE that due to current situation she is not able to find job.Will they consider our situation? because if they reject i can't even go back to my country. please help
Unfortunately you can not apply for an extension of your work permit until your wife is able to get at least an noc B job, you will need to apply for a visitor visa so you can legally remain in Canada till your wife is able to get an noc B job

harryboi12

Apr 14, 2020
Unfortunately you can not apply for an extension of your work permit until your wife is able to get at least an noc B job, you will need to apply for a visitor visa so you can legally remain in Canada till your wife is able to get an noc B job
thanks for reply

is it possible to apply both visitor and work permit??