+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
thanks for reply

is it possible to apply both visitor and work permit??
No, you cannot be a visitor and a worker at the same time. You can apply for a visitor visa and apply to change your status to worker once your spouse get a job in at least noc b classified position

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi,
I am SOWP applicant from Pakistan. I sent my application online and still in process waiting for reply. Our visa processing office is Abu Dhabi.
My question is that If I need to send additional documents, how do I send them. Through IRCCC web form, Abu Dhabi web form or Islamabad web form.

AS224

Mar 7, 2020
Hi

You mentioned that you arrived in Canada on a work permit along with your wife and baby who are on a visitor's visa. May I ask if the immigration officer didnt questioned you on why your family went along with you. I have already received my work visa and planned to tag along my family who are on a visitors visa also. Somebody told me that i would might have a hard time in the port of entry if we go all together. They are suggesting that we would fly one day apart. Your inputs are highly appreciated. Thank you
At port of entry, officer asked me that till when my spouse and baby going to stay.
I mentioned till my duration on Canada.

Many of my friends arrived with their family and I did not hear about any such issue so far.

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
Hi,
I am SOWP applicant from Pakistan. I sent my application online and still in process waiting for reply. Our visa processing office is Abu Dhabi.
My question is that If I need to send additional documents, how do I send them. Through IRCCC web form, Abu Dhabi web form or Islamabad web form.
Are additional documents requested by a visa officer? If yes, then you will have to sign into your online to send the documents to them.
If documents are not requested by a VO, then you can cic webform to send documents to them if you are looking to inform them of any change in your application but you have to be sure you know the office that’s processing your application. Follow this link to submit documents via webform https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp#q2

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
My spouse has PGWP and she is not working. NO JOB OFFER IN SKILL LEVEL AND NO PAYSLIPS.
We have AOR for permanent residency.
I found the following information:
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence that has been found complete or has received a positive eligibility assessment. Your application must be under one of the following:

My understanding is that I would be eligible for an open work permit. Am I right? Is there anyone who had same situation?

please let me know what you think?

Mann157

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I applied for spouse open work permit on march 12 . Decision courier was sent on 21 march ... have t got courier yet . There was no update of visa granted or refusal . What could be result
Did you get any update on your SOWP? where did you apply from?

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
Hello guys, I am willing to apply for sowp from india as my husband is in canada. But my major concern is that if vfs center is operating for taking biometrics because the information on the website is really confusing and nothing is clear. Please let me know if they are allowing and taking biometrics of the applicants. I am from pune and going to apply online but have to give biometrics

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.

Jinnys123

Nov 21, 2019
Hi,

I am in Canada working from Jan 2020 in NOC A job full time. My husband is currently working in a IT job in India and he had applied for SOWP along with my one month's paystub and bank balance in Canada reflecting 7000 CAD. But the SOWP application has been rejected saying the Visa officer is not satisfied with the funds shown. Can you please help me with how much funds should be shown by me in Canada and should my husband also show proof of funds in his India account? If yes, how much? Kindly help me as we are not able to get this information properly and we have to re apply.
I think 10k$ for both if you are both in canada, outside Canada I have no idea, but 10k$ Equivalent is on a safe side. Goodluck.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hi,

There is no fund requirement if you have job in NOC O, A or B . I got SOWP for my wife showing $5000, I do not think that’s gonna be point of eligibility. Can you please update what docUments you used for applying SOWP ?

Usha_R

May 25, 2020
There is no fund requirement if you have job in NOC O, A or B . I got SOWP for my wife showing $5000, I do not think that’s gonna be point of eligibility. Can you please update what docUments you used for applying SOWP ?
We uploaded my work permit, one month pay stub, bank statement in Canada showing 6700 CAD balance, marriage certificate, passport for both my husband and me.

sp1989

Aug 29, 2018
We uploaded my work permit, one month pay stub, bank statement in Canada showing 6700 CAD balance, marriage certificate, passport for both my husband and me.
I suggest to add at least 2-3 months pay stub and your job offer letter, Saying the position, working hours and salary if possible.